ADVERTISEMENT

Top 2A teams

I think this is the Sweet 16 - best 16 teams, no particular order just who I think or have heard will be pretty good next year! Should be an exciting year in 2A!!

Central Lyon
West Lyon
PCM
Waukon
Southeast Valley
Greene County
Estherville LC
Spirit Lake
West Marshall
West Liberty
Camanche
Williamsburg
Wahlert
Clear Lake
Tipton
Clarinda

What are some of the big 2A games that will be played this season?? Should be a fun year!!
A few off the top of my head that should have playoff/Top 10 implications from Western & Central Iowa:
  • West Lyon and Central Lyon's first 4 games each (they play each other week 4). Their schedules are crazy, check them out!
  • Southeast Valley @ ELC- Week 5
  • Greene County @ Clarinda- Week 5
  • West Marshall @ PCM- Week 6
  • Spirit Lake @ ELC- Week 6
  • Southeast Valley @ Spirit Lake- Week 8

Tipton graduated almost all of its offense. Their varsity starting sophomore RB transferred to Jason Dumont High so I hear.

You're right. It's a free for all at the parochial schools. Open enrollment isn't even a term you folks use.

Open enrollment is the free for all that applies to the public schools. You know the random apartments, phantom addresses, the ‘uncles’, etc. You can pretend that only parochial schools ‘recruit’ but that would be exactly what it is… pretend.

Reactions: Pinehawk and rc1963
You're so blind to reality man.
It's OK. I can sleep at night in Kalona. We just play the hand dealt to us. Ironic that your coach is a former Golden Hawk. He didn't learn how to cheat when he went to MPHS.

It's OK. I can sleep at night in Kalona. We just play the hand dealt to us. Ironic that your coach is a former Golden Hawk. He didn't learn how to cheat when he went to MPHS.

You should gather your evidence and submit it to the state. I am sure you have plenty of hard evidence. Quick note, disagreeing with a rule doesn’t qualify as ‘cheating’. I look forward to the breaking news when you send that in.

Any idea on how many open enroll in and out in the Mid Prairie school district?

Doesn’t this topic get old? Anyone got anything else to add about actual football?

It does, would prefer actual football conversation but I don’t do well with baseless, unfounded aspersions that some posters cast. Flip the script and see how you would respond if the roles were reversed. I know ‘turn the other cheek’ but as my kids say ‘you suffer fools poorly’

So when do camps start and let’s get on with the games.

ScaryEnlightenedBobwhite-size_restricted.gif

It does, would prefer actual football conversation but I don’t do well with baseless, unfounded aspersions that some posters cast. Flip the script and see how you would respond if the roles were reversed. I know ‘turn the other cheek’ but as my kids say ‘you suffer fools poorly’

So when do camps start and let’s get on with the games.
First week of August. Looking forward to the season in a new district.

Any long road trips or particular match ups you are looking forward to?
@ Regina of course. But also playing West Branch a rematch of the playoffs last year. And interested to see DeLong in person. Play Wapello, Tipton and West Burlington in non-district games. So Regina is probably our longest road trip. Not too far away this year.

Every single kid that attends a private school is by definition an open enrollee. So I'll stand by my statement.

Wow, I learned something new today. Next you will tell me that they don’t have a district either or that everyone of their students are recruited.
FYI Regina has 740 for a certified enrollment. Want to check your math again? Still looking for the OE number for Mid Prairie.

@ Regina of course. But also playing West Branch a rematch of the playoffs last year. And interested to see DeLong in person. Play Wapello, Tipton and West Burlington in non-district games. So Regina is probably our longest road trip. Not too far away this year.

That’s a good travel schedule. Looking forward to going back to Mepo the following year. Good complex, good people and a nice bar/restaurant to stop at prior to the game.

Every single kid that attends a private school is by definition an open enrollee. So I'll stand by my statement.
By the definition you could not be more wrong. To classify as open enrollment you have to apply by March unless special circumstances. Non-public schools do not have the same required time frames to transfer in or out. So by definition you are completely incorrect. How about you go to a local school board meeting to find out facts about open enrollment before you shoot off your mouth on a message board.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Wow, I learned something new today. Next you will tell me that they don’t have a district either or that everyone of their students are recruited.
FYI Regina has 740 for a certified enrollment. Want to check your math again? Still looking for the OE number for Mid Prairie.

Why should I provide facts? You never want to listen or accept then from any
By the definition you could not be more wrong. To classify as open enrollment you have to apply by March unless special circumstances. Non-public schools do not have the same required time frames to transfer in or out. So by definition you are completely incorrect. How about you go to a local school board meeting to find out facts about open enrollment before you shoot off your mouth on a message board.
We agree to disagree here Ponyboy. People CHOOSE to pay to attend Regina when they live in a different district. How is that any different from a kid living in Iowa City West district choosing to go to CCA?

We agree to disagree here Ponyboy. People CHOOSE to pay to attend Regina when they live in a different district. How is that any different from a kid living in Iowa City West district choosing to go to CCA?

Your presented fact ‘about 800 less than a school with 740 students’ seems like a credible fact(?)
Feel free to share facts that I haven’t listened to or accepted. You played the ‘cheating’ card with no support other than your hurt feelings. Sorry that I didn’t just blindly accept that as fact.

Same or not, the state views it completely different. That is why you need to check the actual rules. They are not the same whether they may seem it or not.

Your presented fact ‘about 800 less than a school with 740 students’ seems like a credible fact(?)
Feel free to share facts that I haven’t listened to or accepted. You played the ‘cheating’ card with no support other than your hurt feelings. Sorry that I didn’t just blindly accept that as fact.
It was an estimate you fella. There is no way to know how many students are in the ICR district because they're not required to post it anywhere. As for the cheating, I could give you the copy of my daughter's recruiting letter from Regina (She actually framed it with a big NO written on the bottom and put on her display at graduation). Amazing she hits .500 and stole 33 bases as an all state OF her freshman year how a letter shows up in the mail one week after the season. We are not Catholic and not part of any parish. And that is why I will never listen to any Regina doesn't cheat arguments.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
It was an estimate you fella. There is no way to know how many students are in the ICR district because they're not required to post it anywhere. As for the cheating, I could give you the copy of my daughter's recruiting letter from Regina (She actually framed it with a big NO written on the bottom and put on her display at graduation). Amazing she hits .500 and stole 33 bases as an all state OF her freshman year how a letter shows up in the mail one week after the season. We are not Catholic and not part of any parish. And that is why I will never listen to any Regina doesn't cheat arguments.

I didn’t make the number up. It’s posted on the states website. Much like the MP OE numbers. May want to check those out for the ‘we only get the kids that live in the district” mantra you throw out there. Congratulations on your daughters success. Hitting .500/All State as a freshman doesn’t happen very often. I know Mid Prairie had some very good players/teams when when I watched awhile ago.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT