ADVERTISEMENT

2A -- Week 3

usfhawk

All District
Jul 13, 2006
It has been an interesting start to the season for 2A football. Still difficult to get a solid top 10 with many 2A dropping games early in the season.

Preseason top 10 teams West Marshall, New Hampton, and Kuemper all sitting at 0-2 and face very good teams in week 3.

In my mind there are 4-5 at the top of 2A and then 10-15 in a group behind them. Things will clear up after a few more games, but this is how I see it.

1.) CLGLR - 2-0 - Defending champs still unbeaten. Enough said
2.) Van Meter - 2-0 - Should be a good test this week against Humboldt
3.) West Lyon - 2-0 - Young team stays unbeaten after 52-12 win over Lawton Bronson.
4.) Western Christian - 2-0 - BCMoore's #1 is still unbeaten. Man, district 1 is loaded.
5.) Osage - 1-1 - Probably the start of tier two. Osage started with tough loss to St. Ansgar.
6.) Spirit Lake - 1-1 - Dropped one to a solid 3A Sioux Center team.
7.) PCM - 1-1 - Tough 1 point loss last week.
8.) Cherokee - 2-0 - Maybe too high but they are 2-0 and have a very good junior class.
9.) Greene County - 1-1 - Tough schedule to start the year with 3 straight 3A teams.
10.) Unity - 1-1 - Good week 1 win followed by let down against Ridge View

TOP WEEK 3 GAMES

Van Meter @ Humboldt
Clarinda @ Treynor
Osage @ DNH
PCM @ Nevada
Cherokee @ Ridge View
Kuemper @AHST
Mediapolis @ Regina

It has been an interesting start to the season for 2A football. Still difficult to get a solid top 10 with many 2A dropping games early in the season.

Preseason top 10 teams West Marshall, New Hampton, and Kuemper all sitting at 0-2 and face very good teams in week 3.

In my mind there are 4-5 at the top of 2A and then 10-15 in a group behind them. Things will clear up after a few more games, but this is how I see it.

3.) West Lyon - 2-0 - Young team stays unbeaten after 52-12 win over Lawton Bronson.
4.) Western Christian - 2-0 - BCMoore's #1 is still unbeaten. Man, district 1 is loaded.
5.) Osage - 1-1 - Probably the start of tier two. Osage started with tough loss to St. Ansgar.
8.) Cherokee - 2-0 - Maybe too high but they are 2-0 and have a very good junior class.
9.) Greene County - 1-1 - Tough schedule to start the year with 3 straight 3A teams.

TOP WEEK 3 GAMES

Van Meter @ Humboldt
Clarinda @ Treynor
Osage @ DNH
PCM @ Nevada
Cherokee @ Ridge View
Kuemper @AHST
Mediapolis @ Regina
Regina @ Mediapolis. We’ll see if Mepo can bounce back and avoid giving up big plays that they gave up @ SK and finish their own drives. We’ll find out more about Regina, too, with a step up in competition.

Reactions: ryan2144
Regina @ Mediapolis. We’ll see if Mepo can bounce back and avoid giving up big plays that they gave up @ SK and finish their own drives. We’ll find out more about Regina, too, with a step up in competition.
A step up in competition for Mepo for sure. The Bulldogs have played two teams who have thrown a combined 5 passes against them. Regina will throw it all over the field.

A step up in competition for Mepo for sure. The Bulldogs have played two teams who have thrown a combined 5 passes against them. Regina will throw it all over the field.
Yes, it’s a step for both teams. And will help prepare Mepo for any passing teams they may face. Looking forward to a good game.

TOP WEEK 3 GAMES

Van Meter @ Humboldt
Clarinda @ Treynor
Osage @ DNH
PCM @ Nevada
Cherokee @ Ridge View
Kuemper @AHST
Mediapolis @ Regina
Cherokee will be tested this week against a very good Ridge View team. Cherokee's next three games are Western Christian, Central Lion, and West Lyon - pretty brutal. Unfortunately, they may be 2-4 by October. Western Christian is still my sleeper for District one champ and they should roll at Pocahontas. West Lyon gets Oabcig and should win by 3 scores. Central Lion plays host to West Sioux. Initially I felt CLGLR would win in a close one but West Sioux is a little down this year and on the road. Central Lion by 3 maybe 4 scores. Do not overlook an undefeated Sheldon Orabs at 2-0 from District 1. (Note: The 2 teams Sheldon played are a combined 0-4).

Some decent games this week that will be telling of what direction a team is going. Osage vs Dike should be good, can Dike generate some offense will be the question. ELC vs Algona, if the midgets can get the win just another team to look out for in the NW, although I think Algona wins by a couple scores. Greene County vs Atlantic. Both teams with high expectations that have had a gut check to start the year. Humboldt vs Van Meter, Mepo vs Regina, Nevada vs PCM, should all be good games.

D1 will have a few test this week. I thought Unity looked good against Moc then had no offense against Ridge View. Now we get to see if Cherokee might actually be for real this year with a test against Ridge View. Sioux Center vs Unity will be a good game. I could see Unity pulling this one out. I don't see Sheldon being tested by Eburg. That's a bad Eburg team, how the mighty have fallen. This game is probably done by 8:30 as much as both teams run the ball. I look for WL, Western, and CLGLR to roll tonight. West Sioux just doesn't have the talent this year and they're really young. I believe a couple freshman starting on defense. Well coached team just might have to grow and get some reps. They'll do things to give the Lions fits but CLGLR should win handily.

Wow, Regina cruises to a 45-7 win over Mediapolis. Mepo definitely not ready for that good passing attack that was firing on all cylinders.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT