ADVERTISEMENT

2A Week 4

usfhawk

All District
Jul 13, 2006
2A looks to be pretty top heavy. Outside of the top 4-6 I feel like it drops off quite a bit.

1.) CLGLR - 3-0 - Defending champs still unbeaten. Should roll @ Sheldon
2.) Van Meter - 3-0 - Impressive win against Humboldt
3.) West Lyon - 3-0 - WL took it took OABCIG. Looked good in all 3 phases of the game.
4.) Western Christian - 3-0 - Western hammered Pocy to stay unbeaten. Man, district 1 is still loaded.
5.) Osage - 2-1 - Big win over DNH.
6.) Spirit Lake - 2-1 - Took care of business against 0-3 Spencer team.
7.) Cherokee Washington - 3-0 - Good win over sold Ridge View team. D1 LOOKING TOUGH.
8.) Clarinda -- 2-1 - Lost tight one to Treynor.
9.) Greene County - 2-1 - Tough schedule to start the year with 3 straight 3A teams.
10.) Chariton- 3-0 - Dont know much about them but 3-0 is 3-0.

Not many great games entering district play.

Van Meter @ Clarinda -- Van Meter -28.5

Western @Cherokee -- Western -21.5

Last edited:
That WC - Cherokee game looks really interesting. Both undefeated. 2A #1 PPG Defense vs 2A #2 PPG offense. BC Moore has this as a toss up.
Western's defense hasn't allowed a single point this season (they let a BHRV student run one in on the last play of that game). Cherokee has put up some really solid point totals against A and 1A schools. However those top 4 District 1 teams finish, they are going to present some really tough games for the top teams in other districts.

That WC - Cherokee game looks really interesting. Both undefeated. 2A #1 PPG Defense vs 2A #2 PPG offense. BC Moore has this as a toss up.
Western's defense hasn't allowed a single point this season (they let a BHRV student run one in on the last play of that game). Cherokee has put up some really solid point totals against A and 1A schools. However those top 4 District 1 teams finish, they are going to present some really tough games for the top teams in other districts.
Western/Cherokee game will be interesting for sure.

Cherokee has rushed for more yards than anyone in 2A. I don't see them having the same success against Western, but Western hasn't seen a team like this yet this year either.

I'm kind of surprised by Unity's struggles this year. They have some quality young athletes.

Reactions: MsideChief
I'm interesting in the games involving district 3 teams this week, I expected this district to be better then it has been, on paper is Osage the favorite? Or is the reason for the start super difficult scheduling?

I'm interesting in the games involving district 3 teams this week, I expected this district to be better then it has been, on paper is Osage the favorite? Or is the reason for the start super difficult scheduling?
I think Osage is the favorite. New Hampton, Waukon, Cresco, and NFV have all had brutal schedules so far against very good 3A and 1A teams. 2nd place is wide open imo opinion unless someone can knock off Osage. This district has some very solid teams with no top tier teams other than possibly Osage. Not going to be any easy week for these teams this season.

Mepo 29 Albia 0. Dawgs back on track, good team win. A safety, couple of 40+ yard field goals, 61 yard TD run and 73 yard TD pass.

Scary moment at the end of the first half. Albia player took a hit and had to be taken off on a stretcher. Praying for a good prognosis, for him, his family and his teammates.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT