ADVERTISEMENT

2A Week 2

usfhawk

All District
Jul 13, 2006
Week 1 was a rough week for a lot of top 2A teams.

Looks to me like there are 5 teams out front:

1.) CLGLR
2.) Van Meter
3.) West Lyon
4.) Western Christian
5.) Spirit Lake

NW Iowa looking strong again. D1 looking especially strong with rankings of 1, 3, 4, 10, 13, 17, on BCMoore.

Thoughts??

Reactions: MsideChief
West Lyon is a young team and takes on a solid Lawton Bronson team. West Lyon should wear them down and overpower them.
CLGLR takes on MOC and will handle them but it may be closer than expected. Lions take on WEst Sioux in a big time match up next week.
Van Meter beating Underwood was a good win against a very good team. They should be able to keep it rolling agains Humboldt.
Western Christian is a VERY good team and is my sleeper for the district Champion but time will tell.

Mepo gets a rematch with Sigourney-Keota @ SK again, after SK ousted them from the playoffs last year in OT. Should be a good game. We’ll see if Mepo can build on their dominating win vs Columbus that many didn’t expect.

West Sioux is not like the West Sioux's of the past. 21+ win for the Lions next week.
In addition, keep in mind, CLGLR has beaten some of the better WS teams the last few years by 5 or 6 scores. I don’t think the Lions get any competition until the Western game towards the end of the season.

Last edited:
SK beats Mepo 21-0. Mepo gave up big plays on each of the scoring drives including a 93 yard TD run, a long pass and another long run. Mepo was able to move the ball just couldn’t do anything deep in SK territory.

How's Drew looking at qb? Haven't seen any film
Work in progress. Had a decent game last week. Not as good last night. Hasn’t really been a throwing QB and hasn’t really worked on it until this year. Hasn’t played it really since his freshman hear and more of a runner then. Short to medium passing game is good. Long balls are a little off, but it’ll come around.

Makes sense. Tough decision for him in sure. And as much as I hate to say it, the title runs through regina this year.

• Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk
I thought PCM was for real after the SK game. But then after they took it on the chin this last week in double OT against PC, maybe they are not for real. I guess we will see with Nevada coming up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT