ADVERTISEMENT

Siouxland Conference

Wow, BH beat GLR...

Good finish. GLR was up 53-49 with ~2:00 left. BH took a 55-53 lead, GLR tied it up at 55-55. GLR had the ball with :10 left, and BH got a steal near midcourt. GLR kid fouled after the steal with :02 left, and BH made 1 of 2 FT for the win.

Reactions: iowalongs230
Tuesday, Jan. 30
Sheldon 81, Sibley-Och 35
Sioux Center 84, George-LR 63
Boyden-Hull 70, Central Lyon 35
Rock Valley 53, West Lyon 41
MOC-FV 76, Okoboji 47

Friday, Feb. 2
Sheldon (13-2) at George-LR (9-6)
Central Lyon (0-15) at Sioux Center (13-2)
Rock Valley (10-5) at MOC-FV (9-6)
Boyden-Hull (5-10) at West Lyon (9-6)
Okoboji (2-13) at Sibley-Och (5-10)

Friday, Feb. 2
George-LR 59, Sheldon 56 (OT)
Sioux Center 78, Central Lyon 45
West Lyon 63, Boyden-Hull 53
Sibley-Och 73, Okoboji 65
Rock Valley 54, MOC-FV 49 (OT)

Tuesday, Feb. 6
Sioux Center (14-2) at West Lyon (10-6)
Sheldon (13-3) at Central Lyon (0-16)
Okoboji (2-14) at George-LR (10-6)
Rock Valley (11-5) at Boyden-Hull (5-11)
Sibley-Och (6-10) at MOC-FV (9-7)

Friday, Feb. 9
West Lyon at Sheldon
Boyden-Hull at Sioux Center
Sibley-Och at Rock Valley
MOC-FV at George-LR
Central Lyon at Okoboji

Last edited:
GLR over Sheldon was a mild stunner. FT shooting in crunch time made the difference.
MOC-FV took Rock Valley to the wire.

Very few easy outs in the Siouxland!

Last edited:
Reactions: iowalongs230
Tuesday, Feb. 6
Sioux Center 56, West Lyon 55
Sheldon 66, Central Lyon 45
George-LR 61, Okoboji 51
Rock Valley 61, Boyden-Hull 53
MOC-FV 81, Sibley-Och 58

Friday, Feb. 9
West Lyon (10-7) at Sheldon (14-3)
Boyden-Hull (5-12) at Sioux Center (15-2)
Sibley-Och (6-11) at Rock Valley (12-5)
MOC-FV (10-7) at George-LR (11-6)
Central Lyon (0-17) at Okoboji (2-15)

Last edited:
Friday, Feb. 9
Sheldon 62, West Lyon 55
George-LR 75, MOC-FV 54
Sioux Center 70, Boyden-Hull 54
Rock Valley 64, Sibley-Och 47
Okoboji 53, Central Lyon 51

FINAL STANDINGS
Sioux Center 16-2
Sheldon 15-3
Rock Valley 13-5
George-LR 12-6
MOC-FV 10-8
West Lyon 10-8
Sibley-Och 6-12
Boyden-Hull 5-13
Okoboji 3-15
Central Lyon 0-18

Last edited:
I heard that Okoboji school board has voted to leave the Siouxland (joining the Lakes I assume). It will be interesting if this is true and if so what the Siouxland will do next. Add a team? Add multiple teams?

I heard that Okoboji school board has voted to leave the Siouxland (joining the Lakes I assume). It will be interesting if this is true and if so what the Siouxland will do next. Add a team? Add multiple teams?
It makes sense for them...that's alot of travel for them considering the closest team to them was Sibley. Now, they have much closer travel. Not sure who the Siouxland would look at. It won't be Western or Unity

It makes sense for them...that's alot of travel for them considering the closest team to them was Sibley. Now, they have much closer travel. Not sure who the Siouxland would look at. It won't be Western or Unity

West Sioux would be on the list, but Im not sure they would want to join. Western and Unity would be interested IMO but I doubt the Siouxland would be interested.

I heard that Okoboji school board has voted to leave the Siouxland

When did this supposedly happen? There's no mention of it in any board meeting agenda or minutes, and that's not a "closed session" type of thing.

West Sioux would be on the list, but Im not sure they would want to join. Western and Unity would be interested IMO but I doubt the Siouxland would be interested.
Last I had heard was the Siouxland wanted to avoid any parochial schools...also wanted to try and avoid schools in the same communities

Why even add another team if Boji leaves? Leave it vacant and allow teams to have 2 more non conference games! I feel like 3 non conference games isn't a lot compared to how many the Lakes and War Eagle teams get to play.

Why even add another team if Boji leaves? Leave it vacant and allow teams to have 2 more non conference games! I feel like 3 non conference games isn't a lot compared to how many the Lakes and War Eagle teams get to play.
Agree, but remember, a giant conference is a lazy Athletic Director's wet dream! Much less work scheduling.

Siouxland fares well, since they are usually competitive top-to-bottom. But too many weak teams makes it miserable.

I always think they'd do best to divide into 2 divisions. Play your own division twice, the other once. End the season with a 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3......showdown., plus get some free dates for the good teams to seek tough competition and for the weak teams to play the bottom of the War Eagle conference. They are so close together geographically, that you could shuffle the divisions every 2 years for parity.

Reactions: theocia
As a Western fan, I'd like to see us in the Siouxland for some reasons: reduced travel-time, natural rivalries, & to force the hand of some teams who refuse to schedule us. It wouldn't be a cakewalk, & I don't think Western would win it every year.

But,...I also like how now we seek out the toughest teams, wherever we can find them, & playing in large venues. It translates into post-season success.
I think our volleyball coach would hate playing a full Siouxland schedule.

That being said, the Lakes needs to recruit quality schools,....or disband.

2A-3 semi: Sioux Center 64, Estherville-LC 43
2A-3 semi: Sheldon 66, Cherokee 41

2A-2 semi: Rock Valley 74, Unity 65
2A-2 semi: Western 56, West Lyon 44

1A-1 quarter: Boyden-Hull 65, Trinity 31
1A-1 quarter: George-LR 65, Central Lyon 33

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT