ADVERTISEMENT

Scout Prep 1st Top 10

subtract the 4 from the link.

rankings also look to be east side bias. But in time all will work itself out! Keep up the good work

I’m talking purely the class A rankings. The only pick I would agree with that you have is that Wapsie is going to be a top 2-3 team. The fact the west Hancock is not 1 or 2 is crazy. Returned 9 starters on a dome team. Two 1000 yard rushers. Alta-Aurelia, BGM,Tri-Center, Woodbury Central all in the top 6 ? Don’t see it. Bishop Garrigan isn’t even in your rankings. Same w st. Ansgar.

I’m talking purely the class A rankings. The only pick I would agree with that you have is that Wapsie is going to be a top 2-3 team. The fact the west Hancock is not 1 or 2 is crazy. Returned 9 starters on a dome team. Two 1000 yard rushers. Alta-Aurelia, BGM,Tri-Center, Woodbury Central all in the top 6 ? Don’t see it. Bishop Garrigan isn’t even in your rankings. Same w st. Ansgar.

You are correct with West Hancock. That was a complete oversight by me as I was going through the teams. The same with Saint Ansgar as they will move in sooner than later. The other teams have nice cores coming back from good teams. Garrigan to me just lost a lot. That senior class was very dominate for them.

A
1 Wapsie Valley (large but most likely a 3-5 team)
2 Edgewood-Colesburg (tough team but barely a top 5 IMO)
3 Alta-Aurelia ( disagree. A 7-2 6-3 year upcoming
4 BGM (unknown)
5 Tri-Center (return stud qb and tb but thats it)
6 Woodbury Central (solid upfront, but speed wise will be lacking.
7 West Hancock (should be #1 return nearly everyone)
8 Hudson (loses main core but return the hogs#2 IMO
9 Alburnett (fast, great LB core)
10 Grundy Center (unknown)
Looking in... IKM Manning , St. Albert, North Tama, Wayne, Lynnville-Sully, Saint Ansgar

on your looking in. St. Ansgar can be a potential dome team (fast, and big) barring injury they make a run
St. Alberts in Council Bluffs return nearly everyone. Also play toughest schedule in class A in non district.
North tama has a RB who can go for 1500. Just need the line upfront
lynville suly Mo is poorly coached. 5-4 upcoming for them.

Just my takes

A
1 Wapsie Valley (large but most likely a 3-5 team)
2 Edgewood-Colesburg (tough team but barely a top 5 IMO)
3 Alta-Aurelia ( disagree. A 7-2 6-3 year upcoming
4 BGM (unknown)
5 Tri-Center (return stud qb and tb but thats it)
6 Woodbury Central (solid upfront, but speed wise will be lacking.
7 West Hancock (should be #1 return nearly everyone)
8 Hudson (loses main core but return the hogs#2 IMO
9 Alburnett (fast, great LB core)
10 Grundy Center (unknown)
Looking in... IKM Manning , St. Albert, North Tama, Wayne, Lynnville-Sully, Saint Ansgar

on your looking in. St. Ansgar can be a potential dome team (fast, and big) barring injury they make a run
St. Alberts in Council Bluffs return nearly everyone. Also play toughest schedule in class A in non district.
North tama has a RB who can go for 1500. Just need the line upfront
lynville suly Mo is poorly coached. 5-4 upcoming for them.

Just my takes

I agree mostly with what your saying.

There was a very big talent gap between edco and everyone else that made the dome last season, plus they lose there best player by far to graduation. I believe the brother will be great, but not the same. I expect a 7-2 season from them

Saint Ansger didn’t lose a lot and play a rather friendly schedule this season. They will be pretty small up front, but have a strong group of running backs. Coach Clev will have them ready and expect a dominant season from them.

West Hancock will dominate this year all the way up to the quarterfinals before they play a team who will compete with them. I see them and edco being the 1, and 2 teams in that quadrant.

Waspie is getting a lot of love and rightfully so. One of the most well coached teams in the state and return a boat load of skill players and some solid lineman up front. I do not expect them to go undefeated however because of there brutal schedule. However I would rank them 2nd

St Alberts is an interesting case. While they have a tough schedule, I expect them to walk through there district with relative ease. It’s odd because that area of the state in class A is very down this year so they could have a very easy quadrant, or they move them to a farther away one that matches RPI a bit better

Belmond is a team being slept on. Return a very big and versatile offense line. Have a transfer from clarion, Weidman. Was a stud there and great in track and field. Don’t be surprised to see this team with a 8-1 or 7-2 record sitting in the playoffs.

these are just some teams I saw play last year and some of my opinions on them based on stats, and eye test

Very good and interesting takes. As for Belmond, I do not know if he returns, but they had one of the best high school linebackers i've seen in my years of small school Iowa Ball. number 49 I believe?

Very good and interesting takes. As for Belmond, I do not know if he returns, but they had one of the best high school linebackers i've seen in my years of small school Iowa Ball. number 49 I believe?
Tucker Krooze I believe his name was. Yes he was most definitely the best defensive player in class A last season, however he did graduate. Kid was 6’0 205 pounds of pure muscle. Ran a 4.60 and was quicker then a rabbit

I appreciate all the conversations! I can definitely understand the opinions and very nice rundowns. I just don't get to see some of those teams in those neck of the woods such as Edgewood, West Hancock, and Saint Ansgar. I appreciate the explanations!

Reactions: Anonymous111
I appreciate all the conversations! I can definitely understand the opinions and very nice rundowns. I just don't get to see some of those teams in those neck of the woods such as Edgewood, West Hancock, and Saint Ansgar. I appreciate the explanations!
I appreciate you working on this. And I understand class A is probably not your more focused rankings

Reactions: falconfanx3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT