ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers Perfoming Well

Hemp, you make it sound like its OK for kids to go out and commit personal fouls with no further consequence than the yardage accessed. Well it's not.

Kids get hurt from chop blocks and facemasks and refs better have the ability (at their discretion) to eject kids if they feel it is for the safety of all.

I was once at a game where a player whipped another player down by his facemask. The ref threw the flag and walked the offender over to his sidelines while the other player was being assisted off the field. After a discussion between the ref and coach the player sat down.

After the game I had a discussion with one of the chain gang and asked if it was an ejection or the player was pulled by the coach at the refs suggestion. His reply was that the ref was going to eject but the coach pleaded him to let him handle the situation and bench the kid. The ref agreed but warned the coach that if the kid steps foot on the field he would hit both the player and coach with unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and eject both. If you saw this "facemask" you would know that whether he had the authority to do so or not....the ref was taking the appropriate action for the instance.

Again, 1 personal foul can be enough for ejection if it is deemed to have intent to hurt the opponent. Stickman, were you at this St Ed's game? Do you know for fact that the kid was purposely trying to injury the other players?

I also HIGHLY question your story. Either the "chain crew" you spoke to lied, the officials were spineless, or you just entirely made the whole situation up. You either eject a kid or you don't. There is NO penalty for a coach playing a player that was not ejected, and the CREW would have ZERO grounds ejecting the player and/or coach if a player re-entered the game. Just let it go already. If you have been to a lot of high school football games, you would see many games when a player is just playing aggressive and gets more than one personal foul a game. You seem not to like the rule, yet you seem to stand by when officials just make their own rules up? Interesting

HIS spot?
Playing time is a privilege not a right. You aren't just given a spot. I vehemently disagree with you on your statement above

I am glad that you guys are keeping your infighting to your selves. There isn't a way to legislate people who want to play on the edge of the rule, there have been many 'stories' around the state on how to circumvent the residency issue, whether it is a star pitcher moving into an apartment for his senior year while his parents stayed 15 miles away in the original district(not the transfer that is being followed in this thread but in the same section of the state), realtors buying a home out of foreclosure and setting an artificially high sales price to keep it on the market and letting wrestlers use the address, a large public high school that has closed enrollment and even moved some of their kids to the east side high school and miraculously a stud baseball player has an 'uncle' that just so happened to move into an apartment for the kids senior year, all legal in the eyes of the state but questionable in the spirit of the rule. Want to not mention those items because they are all following the rules? fair enough, Regina follows all of the rules as well, under a little higher scrutiny than most, faces more unfounded allegations and opinions presented as facts than any other school. So if a truce is in order than so be it. I expect WB, RH to come rushing to the defense of Regina when the multiplier talk starts, when transfer stories occur, steroid letters are sent etc. Because guess what, they are following the rules. Don't like it, change the rules. That's not going to happen on this board, start the process in Boone, until then I guess silence is in order.

I did like the outrage over a player 'losing' his spot to a transfer, sort of like a team losing it's spot in the dome because a program they used to play 'name the score' on and act very arrogant about it has gotten better and took that spot. There isn't a 'right' to make the dome and moving districts, lobbying to change the playoff schedule doesn't change that. Hopefully there is 'outrage' when a coach complains about the system publicly. Suggestions change the rules or get better. Currently they have gotten some of the set up changed and are doing quite a few things to get better.

Again, 1 personal foul can be enough for ejection if it is deemed to have intent to hurt the opponent. Stickman, were you at this St Ed's game? Do you know for fact that the kid was purposely trying to injury the other players?

I also HIGHLY question your story. Either the "chain crew" you spoke to lied, the officials were spineless, or you just entirely made the whole situation up. You either eject a kid or you don't. There is NO penalty for a coach playing a player that was not ejected, and the CREW would have ZERO grounds ejecting the player and/or coach if a player re-entered the game. Just let it go already. If you have been to a lot of high school football games, you would see many games when a player is just playing aggressive and gets more than one personal foul a game. You seem not to like the rule, yet you seem to stand by when officials just make their own rules up? Interesting

Hemp, it has already been mentioned in the other thread my multiple people when a player picks up multiple personal fouls that can easily be construed that he is: either trying to hurt others, doesn't care if he hurts others, or is out of control with his aggression. He does not have to intend to hurt others for the refs to feel they need to take action for the safety of others. I'll fill you in on a secret you won't find in your precious rule book. The officials do have a responsibility to keep control of the game (regardless of sport) for the safety of all concerned.

Not made up on the facemask whip but I will add that it happened approx. 8-10 years ago when more common sense was displayed in all facets of life, especially sports. Refs had more sovereignty then (and consequently bigger testicles) and weren't afraid to let people know it. They were in charge....perhaps that is part of the reason why it has become a struggle to find officials. I didn't question the report I heard from the chain gang for 2 reasons.

1. I know the person giving the report. Never questioned what he has told me before or since this incident.

2. I know a LOT about body language. Even from across the field I saw someone pleading their case to the official and the body language of an official who was in control throughout the situation. What I saw didn't conflict with what I was being told so why would I question the report I was given.

Since you are lurking Thunder I have a question for you and just as well ask it here.

Who is St Ed's preparing to play on Friday night? Hopefully the coaches aren't looking to Quick Stats to make their preparations.

the other points are:

a) ridiculous if that actually happens
b) not germane to anybody/anyone at WB

"the point that is bothersome to me is that a kid can play for Team A one season, play for Team B the next, and go back & play for Team A again the 3rd season."

Is this the point that you feel is ridiculous if it actually happened and is not germane to anybody/anyone at WB? Just want to make sure I understand the discussion point.

Hemp, it has already been mentioned in the other thread my multiple people when a player picks up multiple personal fouls that can easily be construed that he is: either trying to hurt others, doesn't care if he hurts others, or is out of control with his aggression. He does not have to intend to hurt others for the refs to feel they need to take action for the safety of others. I'll fill you in on a secret you won't find in your precious rule book. The officials do have a responsibility to keep control of the game (regardless of sport) for the safety of all concerned.

Not made up on the facemask whip but I will add that it happened approx. 8-10 years ago when more common sense was displayed in all facets of life, especially sports. Refs had more sovereignty then (and consequently bigger testicles) and weren't afraid to let people know it. They were in charge....perhaps that is part of the reason why it has become a struggle to find officials. I didn't question the report I heard from the chain gang for 2 reasons.

1. I know the person giving the report. Never questioned what he has told me before or since this incident.

2. I know a LOT about body language. Even from across the field I saw someone pleading their case to the official and the body language of an official who was in control throughout the situation. What I saw didn't conflict with what I was being told so why would I question the report I was given.

I will fill you in on a little secret, everything you read on a message board isn't gospel. Refs have an obligation to call a game by the rules. There are judgement calls that have to be made, for example was it a catch or not, was it a personal foul that warrants ejection or not. The refs did not feel the second personal foul warranted ejection, they misinterpreted a rule (they just didn't make a rule up like you feel refs are obliged to do) and the mistake was corrected. The kid played in the following game. Sorry if you don't understand it is a collision sport and kids commit penalties accidentally in a blink of the eye. I have never met a person who feels you should be ejected after 2 personal fouls, but it is evident that you fit the bill

"the point that is bothersome to me is that a kid can play for Team A one season, play for Team B the next, and go back & play for Team A again the 3rd season."

Is this the point that you feel is ridiculous if it actually happened and is not germane to anybody/anyone at WB? Just want to make sure I understand the discussion point.

was in the middle of heat in the discussion and made an error. It happens once in a great while.
#NobodysPerfect

looks like you've been had somehow WBBF. but I am guessing cyard31 is going to stand by his other point of bitching about his kid being beaten out by a better player. it happens. thats sports and thats life.

looks like you've been had somehow WBBF. but I am guessing cyard31 is going to stand by his other point of bitching about his kid being beaten out by a better player. it happens. thats sports and thats life.

Cant fault a parent for wanting the best for their kid even if they are blind to the reality of sports: the best players for the team will always play unless they are a cancer to the team dynamic, poor students, or just don't get it.

I have never met a person who feels you should be ejected after 2 personal fouls, but it is evident that you fit the bill
Nah, stick and friends don't necessarily believe every single bit of bull sh** they write. A lot of it is simply to fit their agendas and stir the pot. Everyone is well-aware that they've had an agenda in this from the beginning and the fact that he keeps talking about the issue only further proves that point, because there's really no other reason to keep that discussion going and stick knows this even if he and/or his buddies want to play it off (just watch rkhemp...)

Stick isn't even arguing about the incident in question from several weeks ago now, not that he and his buddies ever truly cared in the first place (true story btw). He's simply just grandstanding to try and prove his opinion on the issue of refs having the ability to eject a player because of personal fouls is the right one.

Since you are lurking Thunder I have a question for you and just as well ask it here.

Who is St Ed's preparing to play on Friday night? Hopefully the coaches aren't looking to Quick Stats to make their preparations.
Am I suppose to answer rhetorical questions?.....

yep, yep, not the point I was trying to make. I gave WBBF an out. & that is what he focused on. Not my main concern with HS sports these day.

Nah, stick and friends don't necessarily believe every single bit of bull sh** they write. A lot of it is simply to fit their agendas and stir the pot. Everyone is well-aware that they've had an agenda in this from the beginning and the fact that he keeps talking about the issue only further proves that point, because there's really no other reason to keep that discussion going and stick knows this even if he and/or his buddies want to play it off (just watch rkhemp...)

Stick isn't even arguing about the incident in question from several weeks ago now, not that he and his buddies ever truly cared in the first place (true story btw). He's simply just grandstanding to try and prove his opinion on the issue of refs having the ability to eject a player because of personal fouls is the right one.

I can't speak for the rest of the crew but you are correct...I do have an agenda.

The funny part is that my agenda is not what you think it is.

Work is annoying me today so I decided I wanted to address something that has been presented as fact and accepted as such by many, including me. But as it so often happens when I am annoyed I dig a little further into minutia and look at things from a different perspective, so after reading the following from wbfollower

"For more transfer stats go to www.quikstats Iowa.com and find the Regina stats page.

Every kid on the team is a transfer by definition."

I decided to go to Websters and see what it has to say about 'transfer' in their definition?

" to move to a different place, region, or situation; especially: to withdraw from one educational institution to enroll at another"

so nice of them to address this in their definition. So in looking at this from a Regina perspective, which I will since Regina is a K-12 school with a pre school as well and since the vast majority of the players that go through the program have attended since kindergarten they have never "withdrawn from one educational institution to enroll at another" so by definition very few if any kids on the team is a transfer 'by definition'. Now if you want to call them open enrollment kids or present some other term for them or maybe you can find another definition of transfer that fits what you are trying to present.

:)

Work is annoying me today so I decided I wanted to address something that has been presented as fact and accepted as such by many, including me. But as it so often happens when I am annoyed I dig a little further into minutia and look at things from a different perspective, so after reading the following from wbfollower

"For more transfer stats go to www.quikstats Iowa.com and find the Regina stats page.

I decided to go to Websters and see what it has to say about 'transfer' in their definition?

" to move to a different place, region, or situation; especially: to withdraw from one educational institution to enroll at another"

so nice of them to address this in their definition. So in looking at this from a Regina perspective, which I will since Regina is a K-12 school with a pre school as well and since the vast majority of the players that go through the program have attended since kindergarten they have never "withdrawn from one educational institution to enroll at another" so by definition very few if any kids on the team is a transfer 'by definition'. Now if you want to call them open enrollment kids or present some other term for them or maybe you can find another definition of transfer that fits what you are trying to present.

"minutia' Cid - come on man!
with your definition (that I am taking as fact), the only glaring transfers (withdrawn to enroll in another) to RHS is AB in 2014. & BG in 2010. Not how I am not trying to call a kid out by name.
I'm sure there is a term in your dictionary for that.
Also I a certain all-state running back & a fullback/linebacker in 2013 & 2014 had withdrawn to SE jr hi to return for their freshman year. How will we classify them? I'm see these kids jumping back & forth. I
just do see loyalty in HS sports anymore. You see a lot of "team jumping" in AAU. I've seen it in Club Volleyball, USSSA softball 1st hand & AAU basketball. It has become the norm in those organizations and seems to be acceptable in HS football. thoughts?

Well, it's probably a good time to review what IAHSAA says about transfers as well:

36.15(3) GENERAL TRANSFER RULE:
In ruling upon the eligibility of transfer students, the executive board shall consider the factors motivating student changes in residency. Unless otherwise provided in these rules, a student intending to establish residency must show that the student is physically present in the district for the purpose of making a home and not solely for school or athletic purposes.

a. Exceptions. The Executive Officer or Executive Board shall consider and apply the following exceptions in formally or informally ruling upon the eligibility of a transfer student and may make eligibility contingent upon proof that the student has been in attendance in the new school for at least ten school days: (1) Upon contemporaneous change in parental residence, a student is immediately eligible if the student transfers to the new district of residence or to an accredited nonpublic member or associate member school located in the new school district of residence. In addition, if with a contemporaneous change in parental residence, the student had attended an accredited nonpublic member or associate member school immediately prior to the change in parental residence, the student may have immediate eligibility if the student transfers to another accredited nonpublic member or associate member school.

s. Given these provisions and the language used, in order for a transfer to fall within the exception and become immediately eligible, the following must be determined: 1. Is the student physically present in the district for the purpose of making it his home? Is there evidence the student and his family are indeed physically present (e.g. rental agreement, purchase agreement, etc.) 2. Is this home a change in the parents’ residence? (e.g., see above. Is there evidence the family has only one residence?) 3. Was the change in the residence for some purpose other than school or athletic purposes? (e.g. is there evidence indicating a reason for the change in residence other than school or athletic reasons?) Bottom line...don’t let a student participate solely because he lists an address in your district. Verify the information indicated above to ensure the student and his parents (or custodial parent in the case of a split family) have indeed completed a bona fide change in residence into your district before he is allowed to participate at the varsity level.

http://www.iahsaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Quick-Reference-General-Transfer-Rule-2014-15.pdf

Still waiting for Stick to share his agenda

This thread quieted down quite a bit

Good luck to all tonight, bundle up it's going to be chilly.

Well, it's probably a good time to review what IAHSAA says about transfers as well:

not solely for school or athletic purposes.

Upon contemporaneous change in parental residence

if with a contemporaneous change in parental residence

and his family are indeed physically present

Is there evidence the family has only one residence?

Bottom line...don’t let a student participate solely because he lists an address in your district. Verify the information indicated above to ensure the student and his parents (or custodial parent in the case of a split family) have indeed completed a bona fide change in residence into your district before he is allowed to participate at the varsity level.

http://www.iahsaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Quick-Reference-General-Transfer-Rule-2014-15.pdf

I would be sure when I make quotes like this that I am both well informed with all facts and at the same time not being hypocritical, especially when I am asking others to do the same when making claims about my school. Although I suppose with your anonymity, making these statements isn't damaging your real credibility, only that of your faux persona.

This conversation is getting rather stale. Players transfer to different schools for different reasons. Nothing new, nothing going away.

Let me ask a real football question. Does anybody think West Branch would not be 7-0 right now without their new additions? Pure speculation, but I personally think they would be sitting in the same situation, so not sure why the argument.

Let me ask a real football question. Does anybody think West Branch would not be 7-0 right now without their new additions? Pure speculation, but I personally think they would be sitting in the same situation, so not sure why the argument.

Don't poke the bear on this one. Literally and figuratively ;)

Those 'quotes' are straight off of the IHSAA website. It is their published transfer guidelines, not my opinion.

The other side of that question is 'does anybody think West Liberty would be 1-6 right now without losing their starting QB?'

Those 'quotes' are straight off of the IHSAA website. It is their published transfer guidelines, not my opinion.

The other side of that question is 'does anybody think West Liberty would be 1-6 right now without losing their starting QB?'

I believe Regina would still be where they are with out D-Back & back-up running back

Were those quotes highlighted on the IHSAA website or does that imply that you are implying something? o_O

tough loss for the Regals.

Their team of open enrollees played well. Hope to see the game on replay on MC22 soon

Finally you get the terminology down ;) Can we start doing something about all this transferring stuff? I am tired of watching a group of kids that have been together since elementary and junior high have to battle these schools that just decide to add kids as they get into their sophomore, junior and senior years, it isn't fair and there should be something done about it :D

yep. All the Regals have been there for their whole life. Paying to go to school together at a school that has no district boundary. Nobody wins in this argument cidhawkeye

yep. All the Regals have been there for their whole life. Paying to go to school together at a school that has no district boundary. Nobody wins in this argument cidhawkeye

I don't believe I said that at all, there are some that arrived in 7th grade. Can't really think of a starter that came later than that. Do you really think someone is going to pay 12 years of tuition to be part of a football program? So no transfer only OE at Regina.... Oh and Regina doesn't get paid for their OE students like public schools.

Last edited:
I don't believe I said at all, there are some that arrived in 7th grade. Can't really think of a starter that came later than that. Do you really think someone is going to pay 12 years of tuition to be part of a football program? So no transfer only OE at Regina.... Oh and Regina doesn't get paid for their OE students like public schools.
but they give them scholarships... it has to be true because I read it on a message board.. LOL

Will the apartment be open next year? He isn't an all stater but he has been approached by a coach in the vicinity about attending another school...Edit to clarify, by a public school....who would get paid to have him go to school there.

Will the apartment be open next year? He isn't an all stater but he has been approached by a coach in the vicinity about attending another school...Edit to clarify, by a public school....who would get paid to have him go to school there.
if he is only a soph, I would suggest testing the waters & then he could always go back for his senior year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT