Cooper Koenig SR West Branch 21 16 76.2 171 10.7 1 2 64 166.5

Rushing
Athlete Rush Attempts Yards Yards/Carry TDs Longest TD
Aaron Barnes SR 4 23 5.8 0 0
Receiving
Athlete Receptions Yards Yards/Catch TDs Longest TD
Aaron Barnes SR 1 9 9.0 0 0

Tackles
Athlete Solo Tackles TackleAssists TotalTackles Solo Tackles for Loss Assist Tackles for Loss Solo Sacks Sack Assists

Aaron Barnes SR 3 5 5 5 1 0 0 0

Athlete Team Kick Off Returns KO Return Yards Yards perReturn TDs LongestTD
Aaron Barnes SR West Branch 2 42 21. 0 0 0
Punt Return
Aaron Barnes SR West Branch 2 36 18.0 0 0

Athlete Team PasAtt Comp Comp % Yards Yards/Comp Ints TDs Long TD QB Rating
Cooper Koenig SR West Branch 21 16 76.2 171 10.7 1 2 64 166.5

Rushing
Athlete Rush Attempts Yards Yards/Carry TDs Longest TD
Aaron Barnes SR 4 23 5.8 0 0
Receiving
Athlete Receptions Yards Yards/Catch TDs Longest TD
Aaron Barnes SR 1 9 9.0 0 0

Tackles
Athlete Solo Tackles TackleAssists TotalTackles Solo Tackles for Loss Assist Tackles for Loss Solo Sacks Sack Assists

Aaron Barnes SR 3 5 5 5 1 0 0 0

Athlete Team Kick Off Returns KO Return Yards Yards perReturn TDs LongestTD
Aaron Barnes SR West Branch 2 42 21. 0 0 0
Punt Return
Aaron Barnes SR West Branch 2 36 18.0 0 0

Oh the irony.

Barnes was a transfer at REGINA in 14, was at WB the previous 3 years. Lest we forget eh?

All of your kids are open enrollees so let's just call a spade a spade and move on.

Are the transfers at West Branch doing better than the private school enrollees at Iowa City Regina?

Very impressive win to the Regals Saturday. Not many 1A schools can take it to a 3A top 10 program, especially when they graduated so much talent...........

Oh the irony.

Barnes was a transfer at REGINA in 14, was at WB the previous 3 years. Lest we forget eh?

All of your kids are open enrollees so let's just call a spade a spade and move on.

Got his ring and moved back, odd situation. Just as an FYI I don't believe that he made any type of judgement or statement, just noted that they are indeed performing well. And how does the state classify the kids who attend private schools? Open enrollment students bring with them $'s from the state for their education, not so on the private school side so I don't think they are classified as Open Enrollees. As a matter of fact the school district in which they reside gets those $'s without the expense of educating those students so maybe a simple "thank you" would suffice for public school districts that have kids chose to attend a private school. And please don't give me the "it costs more to educate those kids that open enroll in than the state gives the school" stuff.

Got his ring and moved back, odd situation. Just as an FYI I don't believe that he made any type of judgement or statement, just noted that they are indeed performing well. And how does the state classify the kids who attend private schools? Open enrollment students bring with them $'s from the state for their education, not so on the private school side so I don't think they are classified as Open Enrollees. As a matter of fact the school district in which they reside gets those $'s without the expense of educating those students so maybe a simple "thank you" would suffice for public school districts that have kids chose to attend a private school. And please don't give me the "it costs more to educate those kids that open enroll in than the state gives the school" stuff.

From todays Press Citizen
What to watch: West Branch senior quarterback Cooper Koenig accounted for 200 yards of offense and five touchdowns last week and will face his former team for the first time tonight.

I wonder if there will be any animosity shown by either team... I hope both handle it with class. but being around kids, I'm sure there is something planned that has not been totally thought though.

Im not too worried from WB's side of things. Butch and staff won't let that happen.
I've moved on from the above statement(s), no harm no foul in my book :)

Great win for Regina. Honestly. When a "1A" beats a "3A" its pretty doggone impressive.
How is Justin Hunter doing? He laid unconscious/knocked out on the field for 10 minutes. Will he return to playing this week? He's a good kid.

Great win for Regina. Honestly. When a "1A" beats a "3A" its pretty doggone impressive.
How is Justin Hunter doing? He laid unconscious/knocked out on the field for 10 minutes. Will he return to playing this week? He's a good kid.

10 minutes is a bit of stretch, he returned later in the game to play.

BTW, I've heard rumblings that the Rummelharts weren't real happy about a transfer coming in and stealing away the starting QB spot from a kid who'd put in the years and effort working towards that job.

BTW, I've heard rumblings that the Rummelharts weren't real happy about a transfer coming in and stealing away the starting QB spot from a kid who'd put in the years and effort working towards that job.
It was all above board and followed the rules so it is like life whether it's right or not.

I was not suggesting that the Regals staff jeopardized Justin's safety and health. All I did was ask how he was because he remained motionless on the field for more than 1 minute. I was only worried about his health. As stated, he is a good kid.
CID stated it was all above board, etc. as if I was attempting to start a controversy.

It was all above board and followed the rules so it is like life whether it's right or not.

Actually WB my 'above board' comment was directed at the post I quoted about the Rummelharts being upset about their son losing out on the QB position.

Rums scored on Friday night. You feel better now?

it sounds like this Koenig kid is the real deal and a tremendous athlete. Was he recruited? :) haha sorry I couldn't resist

Maybe Riley Dixon's family is still taking in players. I'll send the next one your way. :)

I hope so, maybe he can bring in All State football player and a state qualifying wrestler, because currently we are well behind some local schools. You would think without those pesky residency rules where you can leave a sister and parents behind and being on a historic championship run Regina would be better at it. Maybe an 8 mile road trip could teach them how it's done.;)

I hope so, maybe he can bring in All State football player and a state qualifying wrestler, because currently we are well behind some local schools. You would think without those pesky residency rules where you can leave a sister and parents behind and being on a historic championship run Regina would be better at it. Maybe an 8 mile road trip could teach them how it's done.;)

You got your partial tuition didn't you? Move on :)

CID,
I don't think RHS could afford these two, they putting up some quality #'s. But see if Dixon's have room ;)
Good we have 1 home grown player putting up some stats: Lenoch with 162 yards.

http://www.quikstatsiowa.com/Public...a&IDSchedule=h20150807033800396d2dcfd0ac96f43

When you can name me one kid, just one, who lives in the Regina school district that plays for Regina I will never speak of this "transfer/recruiting" topic again.
I'll hang up and listen now.

hqdefault.jpg

You can try to deflect, but having two starters putting up good stats, who played for neighboring teams the previous season is certainly pretty rare.

Reactions: cyard31
If you ain't cheating you ain't trying! Ride those kids all the way to the quarterfinals, where you would have gotten anyway without them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT