3West Lyon50
4Monticello41
5Western Christian41
6Spirit Lake41
7Kuemper Catholic32
8Clarinda32
9Tipton41
10Des Moines Christian32

Monticello is way too high in my option (maybe not way to high but Western should be ahead of them). Who have they played? I agree, Tipton is kind of a head scratcher here.

I think Cherokee, Greene County, and PCM all are probably the next group just outside the top top 10.

Reactions: MsideChief
Tipton being ranked is an absolute joke. Wow
1) Tipton's opponents have a combined record of 3-22.
2) BCMoore has them ranked 39 out of 48 teams in 2A. In addition, BCM has them predicted to lose their last (3) games.

I listened to the CR Gazette weekly HS football podcast last week. At the end of it, a question was presented: "how many wins will Tipton end the regular season with?"

The expert panel each said, "6 or 7." When I heard the question, I IMMEDIATELY thought "4 or 5". If the Tigers prove us wrong, good on them.

PCM should be in instead of DMC. The district for PCM will not be a challenge since that whole district is struggling this year.

Personally I feel like the 4 best teams are CL/GLR, Van Meter, West Lyon and then either Western Christian or Spirit Lake. Is there anyway to get those 4 to the Dome?

Personally I feel like the 4 best teams are CL/GLR, Van Meter, West Lyon and then either Western Christian or Spirit Lake. Is there anyway to get those 4 to the Dome?
The goal should be to get the 4 best teams to the UNI-Dome, however, it’ll never happen with 3 of them in the same district and a 4th 2 hours away. They’d have to reseed them each round. That would be too much work (and probably make too much sense) for them to do it.

I've heard this enough to believe its true. The top 4 in the state rankings will not play each other until the dome. No matter travel distance, the top 4 will be separated until the semis. Just what I've heard don't take it as gospel.

Reactions: MsideChief
The goal should be to get the 4 best teams to the UNI-Dome, however, it’ll never happen with 3 of them in the same district and a 4th 2 hours away. They’d have to reseed them each round. That would be too much work (and probably make too much sense) for them to do it.
Eastern Iowa in 2A has one team who can make an argument. Monticello. Name another team that is Dome worthy. Sure as heck ain't one in Mepo district. Albia, Central Lee, and Mepo as the top 3? That's pretty weak.

Eastern Iowa in 2A has one team who can make an argument. Monticello. Name another team that is Dome worthy. Sure as heck ain't one in Mepo district. Albia, Central Lee, and Mepo as the top 3? That's pretty weak.
I think you misread my post. I was agreeing with PNation. However, they’ll never make it so 3 teams in one district each have a different path to the semis regardless of how clear it is that those are 3 of the best 4 teams in the state. And nowhere have I said anyone in D5 is remotely close to a semifinal quality team. The only time I’ve mentioned anything about rankings and D5 is I thought Mepo could be a Top 12 team in the preseason, maybe after week 1.

I do not think they will have 3 from 1 district making it to the dome. Especially from that district. Is is such a long haul for most other districts. They may set it up so 2 get there but not 3.

The only time I’ve mentioned anything about rankings and D5 is I thought Mepo could be a Top 12 team in the preseason, maybe after week 1.
Top 12 in 2A isn't too difficult. Tipton is top 10 right now for goodness sake.

KMA Rankings for comparison

1. Van Meter (5-0), LW: 1, This Week – vs. Chariton (3-2)

2. West Lyon (5-0), LW: 4, This Week – vs. Cherokee (3-2)

3. Central Lyon/George-Little Rock (5-0), LW: 2 – This Week vs. Unity Christian (2-3)

4. Spirit Lake (4-1), LW: 5, This Week – at Estherville-Lincoln Central (3-2)

5. Western Christian (4-1), LW: 3, This Week – at Sheldon (2-3)

6. Kuemper Catholic (3-2), LW: 8, This Week – vs. Des Moines Christian (3-2)

7. Monticello (4-1), LW: 6, This Week – at Camanche (2-3)

8. Clarinda (3-2), LW: NR, This Week – vs. Clarke (2-3)

9. North Fayette Valley (2-3), LW: NR, This Week – at New Hampton (1-4)

10. Osage (3-2), LW: 7, This Week – vs. Crestwood (1-4)

"Another class with plenty of movement. West Lyon jumps two spots, ahead of CLGLR. Spirit Lake also benefits from Western Christian’s loss. Kuemper Catholic moves up two spots, Monticello and Osage slide down and Clarinda and North Fayette Valley are both in, replacing Greene County and Tipton."

I've heard this enough to believe its true. The top 4 in the state rankings will not play each other until the dome. No matter travel distance, the top 4 will be separated until the semis. Just what I've heard don't take it as gospel.
I Agree that Distance was not an issue a couple years ago when West Lyon traveled to Osage (3.5 hours) and Dike (4+hours) to make it to the Dome. Then had a semi final rematch with District foe West Sioux on the way to a Championship.

I highly doubt that the state will let 3 teams from district one get to the dome. Western will more than likely have 2 losses with CLGLR remaining. CLGLR is clearly the top team in the state. The question will be if WL and CLGLR enter week 8 still undefeated, will the state separate those two in the playoffs?

I don't mind the KMA rankings above. I just wonder how CLGLR is not #1? Defending champs that have destroyed everyone this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT