ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers Perfoming Well

Guys come on already. This is a dead point and as I have said in the past "the truth is what it is". None of us on this board can change the rules created by the IAHSAA. Until they wake up and decide to take action, the rest of us are left with we think we know, which for this topic means nothing.

Except this situation doesn't really meet the rules. The rules allow a number of exemptions for transfer eligibility, but they all refer to the student moving to live with a parent or guardian. Not a student moving into a district and establishing residency by getting an apartment and living on their own.

WB may have completed the proper paperwork and the parents name may be on the apartment lease. But, they don't live there and what is being done is intentionally skirting the rules. Unless the IAHSAA investigates and puts a stop to situations like this, I'd expect we'll see more of it in years to come.

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/ACO/IAC/LINC/04-23-2008.Rule.281.36.15.pdf

Except this situation doesn't really meet the rules. The rules allow a number of exemptions for transfer eligibility, but they all refer to the student moving to live with a parent or guardian. Not a student moving into a district and establishing residency by getting an apartment and living on their own.

WB may have completed the proper paperwork and the parents name may be on the apartment lease. But, they don't live there and what is being done is intentionally skirting the rules. Unless the IAHSAA investigates and puts a stop to situations like this, I'd expect we'll see more of it in years to come.

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/ACO/IAC/LINC/04-23-2008.Rule.281.36.15.pdf

I literally just got a text message from another WB guy who posts on here:

"Are you seeing what Pinehawk has typed? If he only knew how stupid he is looking rt now. invite he and CID over and we can knock on the door and say hello. After we are done they can buy me a Pepsi and pizza and we can laugh about it at Herbs"

This guy lives next door to family you are trying to implicate with your post above.
When do you guys want to come over for this hard hitting IHSAA breaking news story you're trying to uncover? Let me know. I will have the cameras rolling for prosperity's sake.

I like your posts at times, PH. You are passionate about your team and what you believe in. I can respect and appreciate that. But on this topic, here is what immediately came to mind and I laughed:

58872723.jpg

That's a long text message. It should be no surprise with how close the towns are that I also know people who live in West Branch. And, like many small towns, there are very few secrets.
The situation that has occurred with the Koening family is not what the transfer eligibility rules were designed to allow. They just haven't been called on it.

I literally just got a text message from another WB guy who posts on here:

"Are you seeing what Pinehawk has typed? If he only knew how stupid he is looking rt now. invite he and CID over and we can knock on the door and say hello. After we are done they can buy me a Pepsi and pizza and we can laugh about it at Herbs"

This guy lives next door to family you are trying to implicate with your post above.
When do you guys want to come over for this hard hitting IHSAA breaking news story you're trying to uncover? Let me know. I will have the cameras rolling for prosperity's sake.

I like your posts at times, PH. You are passionate about your team and what you believe in. I can respect and appreciate that. But on this topic, here is what immediately came to mind and I laughed:

would the sister be home also or would she be at the house on the golf course in W. Liberty that is listed with a real estate agent? I am curious...does she have to open enroll back to WL or is she allowed to finish high school @ WL?

Reactions: football2814
would the sister be home also or would she be at the house on the golf course in W. Liberty that is listed with a real estate agent? I am curious...does she have to open enroll back to WL or is she allowed to finish high school @ WL?

Oh, you mean the sister that is playing football this fall on the JV team and had 3 tackles last night.
Jersey #35
http://www.quikstatsiowa.com/Public...a2542&IDTeam=h2015072909300592586a1b73750724a

Or the one who is participating with the 7th grade volleyball Bears?
Either way that both live full time in WB.

Move over, Geraldo. There are a couple new investigative reporters in town!

Must be nice to be able to jump between residences based on where you'd like to play high school sports.
Parents still teaching in West Liberty or are they holding out for a better offer from WB?

Reactions: cyard31
It should be no surprise with how close the towns are that I also know people who live in West Branch. And, like many small towns, there are very few secrets.
The situation that has occurred with the Koening family is not what the transfer eligibility rules were designed to allow. They just haven't been called on it.

The Koenig (no 2nd N) family are wonderful people. Dad, Mom, and the 4 kids. I have nothing but positive things to say about them and have known them for years. That is all I am going to say on it going forward.
I thought better of telling you guys about my conversationS, meaning more than one, with McBeth. What good does it do now? cidhawkeye I apologize but I have to go back on my word to "get back to you." It really doesn't do anyone much positive.

PiningHawk: When you began raking a family and their kids who are all in HS or below through the coals, that is personal problem. I may have an edge with Regina once in a while, but I will never call on somebody's character. You are wrong with your assessments and so was cyard31. You've been presented with 100% factual evidence. What you choose to say or do from here out is on your conscience and really means nothing to me. If you want to talk football I am all for it. Let's leave the attacks out.

Believe me when I say that Regina fans have seen plenty of unfair attacks on the team as well as players. West Branch fans continually ran down McBeth and Grimm. One person was even arrested last year for lies they perpetuated about the program.
I'm not attacking anyone. I'm sure the Koenig family are wonderful people. I'm only questioning whether the rules were followed properly in this transfer. I don't believe they were.

From IAHSAA eligibility guidelines:
Q 12: We have a student who entered our school this fall having attended a school in the town of T for the past two years. His parents have not made a change of residence. He is 18 years old. Is he eligible for interscholastic athletics? A: No, he is not eligible for interscholastic athletics for a period of 90 school days at the varsity level.

http://www.iahsaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Quick-Reference-General-Transfer-Rule-2014-15.pdf

The 'facts' are the West Branch brings in transfers to play high school sports. In the last two years they've done it with Giese, Koenig and Barnes. So, I won't expect to hear any criticism about 'recruiting' out of West Branch fans ever again.

Reactions: hawxs22
Oh, you mean the sister that is playing football this fall on the JV team and had 3 tackles last night.
Jersey #35
http://www.quikstatsiowa.com/Public...a2542&IDTeam=h2015072909300592586a1b73750724a

Or the one who is participating with the 7th grade volleyball Bears?
Either way that both live full time in WB.

Move over, Geraldo. There are a couple new investigative reporters in town!
I see Tatum #35 listed on quick stats that is great. So another all-conference (basketball) performer transfers to WB.. Bears with #1 recruiting class in 2015/16.

Reactions: hawxs22
It's great that the entire family is together in the apartment and enjoying their time in WB. Living quarters might be tight but I did it with 4 kids for a bit. As far as McBeth goes if he told you something different than he has told myself and others so be it. I have heard him craft a message to his audience before. A southern Iowa FB coach heard a message similar to what I have heard but crafted to get out of the conversation. As far as the 'beating your kid' comment it is a similar question or premise with no correct or possible answer as the 'Regina and a school district' comment. If it offended my apologies. As far as pizza and Pepsi at Herbs, sounds good to me, no idea who Pine is or if he would go. The bartenders might be shocked that I ordered a Pepsi but I could try. Heck maybe Cy would come home as well.

It's great that the entire family is together in the apartment and enjoying their time in WB. Living quarters might be tight but I did it with 4 kids for a bit. As far as McBeth goes if he told you something different than he has told myself and others so be it. I have heard him craft a message to his audience before. A southern Iowa FB coach heard a message similar to what I have heard but crafted to get out of the conversation. As far as the 'beating your kid' comment it is a similar question or premise with no correct or possible answer as the 'Regina and a school district' comment. If it offended my apologies. As far as pizza and Pepsi at Herbs, sounds good to me, no idea who Pine is or if he would go. The bartenders might be shocked that I ordered a Pepsi but I could try. Heck maybe Cy would come home as well.
CID, I'd make it... "Dog" would be shocked if I ordered a Pepsi, & I have never left any "Heaper" leftovers :)

This is what is so great about Iapreps. Adults calling out high school kids by name, commenting on family. Luke should be proud! And I know he is.

Reactions: DarkThunder#61
This is what is so great about Iapreps. Adults calling out high school kids by name, commenting on family. Luke should be proud! And I know he is.

I missed where somebody said they were bad kids or a bad family. I missed your outrage from the previous years when people with little to no knowledge made up stories, cast aspersions and flat out lied about players, coaches and families. I am sure you commented where an entire school was extorted by a disgruntled parent. So please make sure you are standing up and speaking out about it. In this case there have been questions and answers and agreeing to disagree on whether it was compliant/right or not. I would assume if it became a personal situation Luke would get involved and for this situation it has been pretty factual and has gone nowhere near the level of previous unsubstantiated and un acted upon threads. If WB or Blame thought it was over the top it would get reported as Blame has done in the past. Luke does a very good job of moderating.

cidhawkeye, don't you know that BlameIt has retired from IAPreps? Not from life, as I see him about 3-4 times a week.
Do I think some things get out of hand? Yessir I do. Oh well. It's not my website.

Since when was Lenoch recruited? He's played every down of his career at WB. His family lives a driver and wedge from the school. You're getting beyond ridiculous now.

Since when was Lenoch recruited? He's played every down of his career at WB. His family lives a driver and wedge from the school. You're getting beyond ridiculous now.
so if a player hasn't played every down of their career then they have been ________________????

How did Lenoch get thrown in there? ;) As far as living a driver and a wedge away if that were Regina they would still be a recruit because there is no school district for them. As far as the land of the Savage-Cobra always an interesting journey down there. Found it odd that on the 1st play from scrimmage Regina gained 9 yards and a decent amount of their fans cheered, I was channeling my inner SK fan mode and standing on the 'home' side of the field talking with some Osky friends. When I returned to the visitor side I was pleased to see that this year it must be the Sigourney people who need to go on the other side. Do they rotate which fans have to go on the visitor side? When we were there for the playoffs it was Keota fans on the visitor side. Confusing.

How did Lenoch get thrown in there? ;) As far as living a driver and a wedge away if that were Regina they would still be a recruit because there is no school district for them. As far as the land of the Savage-Cobra always an interesting journey down there. Found it odd that on the 1st play from scrimmage Regina gained 9 yards and a decent amount of their fans cheered, I was channeling my inner SK fan mode and standing on the 'home' side of the field talking with some Osky friends. When I returned to the visitor side I was pleased to see that this year it must be the Sigourney people who need to go on the other side. Do they rotate which fans have to go on the visitor side? When we were there for the playoffs it was Keota fans on the visitor side. Confusing.
my bad on Lenoch... I had stated in an earlier post that he was "home grown" so I did not mean to imply that he was like "others" Please accept my apologies.

Oh the irony.

Barnes was a transfer at REGINA in 14, was at WB the previous 3 years. Lest we forget eh?

All of your kids are open enrollees so let's just call a spade a spade and move on.
WBBF - is it true that the Barnes Family moved to Solon recently? I have a reliable source that says they do.

I think it's funny any time someone is accused of transferring in to WB you seem to have known their families for years and have all this inside information...

this isn't CSI: West Branch, ding bat. Just let it lay, Leon. Let it lay.
HYPOTHETICAL: Even if its true, we would still be about 20000+ behind ICR.

You dudes are flippin hilarious man. Calling out HS kids is flippin ridiculous Cyard31. Its borderline stalkerish if we're being transparent. There wasn't a school in my day that liked Regina. You are giving more reasons why.
As for WBBears guy, just give it up man. You can be honest until you're blue in the face and these blind bats will never believe you. Cut your wins and move on.

You dudes are flippin hilarious man. Calling out HS kids is flippin ridiculous Cyard31. Its borderline stalkerish if we're being transparent. There wasn't a school in my day that liked Regina. You are giving more reasons why.
As for WBBears guy, just give it up man. You can be honest until you're blue in the face and these blind bats will never believe you. Cut your wins and move on.

You sir are welcome around here more often. :)

EIHCGUY & WBB - What goes around comes around... Ref: Grimm vs Every One Of You

Glad I was in the ECIC and didn't have to deal with all the hatred of the EIHC. Funny thing about these situations, where were all these staunch supporters of not calling kids out with the Grimm, McBeth, Jones...wait that was an attack with friendly fire, kids that weren't on rosters the previous year and were on this, etc.?

Please tell me where a kid was called out other than the Jones tirade which was retracted. I didn't hear all of these voices of reason back then, welcome to the board and I hope to see you protecting all the kids who get mentioned as fumbling, throwing interceptions and getting called out that way as well.

'I think it's funny any time someone is accused of transferring in to WB you seem to have known their families for years and have all this inside information...'
Going to go slow for you guys here, it's not an 'accusation' if it has happened, in legal avenues it's called a fact. On a side note my guess is that Cyard might have a connection to WB, maybe even went to school there so it is somewhat likely that he does have some 'inside information'

As far as EIHC and your brethren not liking Regina in the day well it probably hasn't changed much and I am fairly certain that the feeling is mutual and I think other than some rare occurrences most schools don't like each other much. Think North Cedar and WB like each other? Lisbon-Mt. Vernon? Solon-Mt. Vernon? Think the list can go on. I didn't like Lin Mar much when I was in high school, know why? beat us in football, basketball and baseball. Shocking that would happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT