ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers Perfoming Well

Attack? Seems pretty mild for an attack. You know since it's an eye for an eye type of thing, presenting actual results vs. made up stories, lies, presenting 'common sense' opinions as reality when it's just an opinion, going against a kid by name and the family that took them in... By name.... Seems like one side has quite a long ways to go to even things up.

Sorry the 'better man' standard isn't working real well for me, seems I have had a few years of some pretty good teachers showing me how to do things. Just to be clear what is being thrown out currently pales in comparison to most of the garbage that has been thrown Regina's way. It does seem odd that now that the tables are turned and some of the more vocal folks have to read about actual(vs made up allegations) that the crowd goes silent. Same with the majority of the multiplier/private class proponents.

So feel free to start a thread that will generate interest and activity.

RH don't forget divine intervention... another WB guy used to tell me - "play extra hard, they have God on their side"
So are you a WB guy or a Regina guy?
Guess all bases are covered. One day you are "us" (Bear) the next you are "we" (Regal)

Zobel would say "I love it, I love it, I love it" before playing Dr Jekkyl and Mr Hyde by Men at Work
yep yep I'm for both, I want to see the 2 best 1A teams play each other.

I know this will surprise all the West Branch guys, but I don't see transferring as a big deal. We live in a time where kids jump from one AAU team to another cause they don't like the coach or their playing time. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it's how things work today.

I know this will surprise all the West Branch guys, but I don't see transferring as a big deal. We live in a time where kids jump from one AAU team to another cause they don't like the coach or their playing time. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it's how things work today.
+1 Labeastmode :)

Attack? Seems pretty mild for an attack. You know since it's an eye for an eye type of thing, presenting actual results vs. made up stories, lies, presenting 'common sense' opinions as reality when it's just an opinion, going against a kid by name and the family that took them in... By name.... Seems like one side has quite a long ways to go to even things up.

Sorry the 'better man' standard isn't working real well for me, seems I have had a few years of some pretty good teachers showing me how to do things. Just to be clear what is being thrown out currently pales in comparison to most of the garbage that has been thrown Regina's way. It does seem odd that now that the tables are turned and some of the more vocal folks have to read about actual(vs made up allegations) that the crowd goes silent. Same with the majority of the multiplier/private class proponents.

So feel free to start a thread that will generate interest and activity.

Both sides are in the wrong on that. But just because Regina was attacked, don;t give you a free pass. That is what is called "being the better man" standard. If a Regina player gets cheap shot in a game, is it ok for them to retaliate?

If Regina wants to hold themselves to higher standards than everyone else, their fans should show it on message boards.

Seems like opposing public schools don't have a problem with playing schools with transfers as much as private schools do..........

Reactions: WBBearsFollower
Seems like opposing public schools don't have a problem with playing schools with transfers as much as private schools do..........

Even better, nice jab 'better man' seems that schools that have transfers worked awful hard to get out of a district and get the playoff format altered. Maybe it will work this year.

Please show where I have attacked someone. If I indeed did attack someone I will apologize. I have seen a fan attack one of their greats and it wasn't pretty.

Oh and while you are at it let me know what options those public schools have in playing those transfer schools.

Even better, nice jab 'better man' seems that schools that have transfers worked awful hard to get out of a district and get the playoff format altered. Maybe it will work this year.

Please show where I have attacked someone. If I indeed did attack someone I will apologize. I have seen a fan attack one of their greats and it wasn't pretty.

Oh and while you are at it let me know what options those public schools have in playing those transfer schools.

I never said you in particular, but I can tell a back handed compliment. I get what this entire thread is about. Sorry if you don't.

Options? Transfer schools? In my many travels I have not run into any school that wants an option not to play so called "transfer schools." I have though ran into a ton, and when I say a ton I mean every public school supporter outside West Lyon, that are tired of going up against the inherit advantages that Regina has built.

I have tried to answer your questions the best I could, if you have any more questions let me know.

I do have a question for you that you may be able to answer. I heard a rumor that the Regina coaches were up to the challenge of playing up a classification but it was the parents that shot that down. Is that true?

Last edited:
I never said you in particular, but I can tell a back handed compliment. I get what this entire thread is about. Sorry if you don't.

Options? Transfer schools? In my many travels I have not run into any school that wants an option not to play so called "transfer schools." I have though ran into a ton, and when I say a ton I mean every public school supporter outside West Lyon, that are tired of going up against the inherit advantages that Regina has built.

I have tried to answer your questions the best I could, if you have any more questions let me know.

I do have a question for you that you may be able to answer. I heard a rumor that the Regina coaches were up to the challenge of playing up a classification but it was the parents that shot that down. Is that true?

Let me see what I can do here. I am not a big fan of making a generalization about a group of people, I don't like to say 'West Branch people' if I have an issue, because for the most part unless it deals with Regina they are good people. I still haven't gotten around to understanding how with all of these huge inherent advantages that Regina has that West Branch was playing name the score and they didn't 'hate' Regina quite as bad. And yes I am fully aware that times have changed since then, the advantages haven't but that is an entire other thread that nobody has really been able to address very well and they usually just try to change the subject.

I am fully aware of what this thread is about, I find interesting that some of the loudest protesters of 'the system' have become somewhat meek church mice when the tables have turned. Like me or dislike me I stayed here when things were going well and when things weren't going well. I look at it this way, if I dish it out I damn well be able to take it. Think I can say that I have done that.

As far as playing up a class I don't know how that decision was made. Evidenced by who the coaches put on their out of district requests I don't think they are afraid of many challenges. I also haven't heard parents talking about not wanting to play up. I am obviously not in the decision making process. I would be surprised if the parents were able to dictate to the coaches what level to play at. Maybe Pine knows more about that, any help Pine?

Nope. I have never heard that before. But, I agree that parents likely aren't making those decisions.

He's been a cross country and soccer player the last couple years and decided to play football this year after Jacob Adam graduated.

How did that turn out for you Warrior? Good work out of you.

Actually CID I don't see issues with Warrior Dad. What I do see if someone trying to compare 2 vastly different situations.

On one hand you have kids possibly moving between programs who have not broken any kind of rules. They have done nothing to warrant scrutiny.

On the other hand you have an individual player who did break the rules with repeated personal fouls and was ejected by the officiating crew. His actions caused that to happen. Someone did protest and for some reason a higher power decided to overturn the officials decision to eject but it was the individuals own repeated violations which warranted this scrutiny.

Someone is trying to make big stretch comparing these 2 situations.

Last edited:
Actually CID I don't see issues with Warrior Dad. What I do see if someone trying to compare 2 vastly different situations.

On one hand you have kids possibly moving between programs who have not broken any kind of rules. They have done nothing to warrant scrutiny.

On the other hand you have an individual player who did break the rules with repeated personal fouls and was ejected by the officiating crew. His actions caused that to happen. Someone did protest and for some reason a higher power decided to overturn the officials decision to eject but it was the individuals own repeated violations which warranted this scrutiny.

Someone is trying to make big stretch comparing these 2 situations.
similar to "Steroid Gate"

"On one hand you have kids possibly moving between programs who have not broken any kind of rules. They have done nothing to warrant scrutiny."
I would think a kid playing basketball for his original school, moving into an apartment in a neighboring district and playing for that school a week later warrants at least a raised eyebrow, especially when a similar move occurred the previous year for a football player, add the remainder of the family staying put in the original school for the remainder of the school year also raised an eyebrow or two. I am sure you were pretty vocal in the defense of Regina when they had broken no rules and done nothing to warrant scrutiny. I don't seem to recall your posts defending the players and families who were called out by name repeatedly who had done nothing to warrant scrutiny. But I am glad we can look forward to your defense when the multiplier/move them up a class/recruiting annual threads occur.

With the other situation the player did cause the action, and guess what it was overturned, perhaps the officials were wrong in their judgement? maybe there were other forces at hand. What exactly did "daddy and the attorney" do to warrant the scrutiny? do we know that actually occurred? Should they have been in the thread?

You are exactly right, both situations are different and there have been lines crossed in both situations. In my opinion Warrior didn't do himself any favors with his conduct, and in my opinion I felt justified in mentioning. Probably wrong on my part but hypocrisy annoys me.

similar to "Steroid Gate"

You mean the unwarranted letter to a school from a disgruntled parent from a rival school? That caused that parent to be charged by the police? Or is from an earlier time when other coaches were selling supplements to players at other schools?

You mean the unwarranted letter to a school from a disgruntled parent from a rival school? That caused that parent to be charged by the police? Or is from an earlier time when other coaches were selling supplements to players at other schools?
Again, this whole thread is very childish. A not so subtle attack on another program, another player, and another family. Don't give me no BS how you guys are just following the stats of a couple kids and congratulating their success. People all over my travels see right through you guys
Cid, I recall a certain someone calling out an entire teams rooster a couple of years ago?

Cid, I recall a certain someone calling out an entire teams rooster a couple of years ago?

Rooster calling is something I am aware of, but that is more of a rural thing so maybe you can tell me what it is exactly?

Actually CID I don't see issues with Warrior Dad.

No, stick. The officiating crew did mistakenly eject him. That was admitted. The subsequent one game suspension following an ejection is what was lifted due to the officials' misinterpretation of the rule.

Let it go. You guys were in the wrong....

"Repeated personal fouls"? You can say "repeated" I guess if you are trying to make it sound bad, or you can just say "two personal fouls" but that wouldn't help your argument. A kid shouldn't be ejected in a game for "repeated personal fouls" or "two personal fouls" unless it is crystal clear that there was intent to harm the player.

If it was 2, we could have a kid get ejected fro having a chop block and a face mask penalty during a game.

WBBF makes a valid point. When you live in a school district but openly decide to PAY to attend another school you're a transfer for money reasons.
So because they PAY to play at a school all 4 years it makes the kid less of a transfer. You Catholics are like Democrats: never wrong (in your minds) and always get the last word.

WBBF makes a valid point. When you live in a school district but openly decide to PAY to attend another school you're a transfer for money reasons.
So because they PAY to play at a school all 4 years it makes the kid less of a transfer. You Catholics are like Democrats: never wrong (in your minds) and always get the last word.

I don't need backup on this but thanks.

roster, must be that public school education i got goin fer me

If you are referring to me here when I say something like Regina's entire roster is filled with players outside their school district boundary since Regina doesn't have a boundary, I stand by that statement.

If you feel that is a shot at the players and families at Regina, it is not meant to be. But if it offended you, I apologize

"Repeated personal fouls"? You can say "repeated" I guess if you are trying to make it sound bad, or you can just say "two personal fouls" but that wouldn't help your argument. A kid shouldn't be ejected in a game for "repeated personal fouls" or "two personal fouls" unless it is crystal clear that there was intent to harm the player.

If it was 2, we could have a kid get ejected fro having a chop block and a face mask penalty during a game.

Hemp, you make it sound like its OK for kids to go out and commit personal fouls with no further consequence than the yardage accessed. Well it's not.

Kids get hurt from chop blocks and facemasks and refs better have the ability (at their discretion) to eject kids if they feel it is for the safety of all.

I was once at a game where a player whipped another player down by his facemask. The ref threw the flag and walked the offender over to his sidelines while the other player was being assisted off the field. After a discussion between the ref and coach the player sat down.

After the game I had a discussion with one of the chain gang and asked if it was an ejection or the player was pulled by the coach at the refs suggestion. His reply was that the ref was going to eject but the coach pleaded him to let him handle the situation and bench the kid. The ref agreed but warned the coach that if the kid steps foot on the field he would hit both the player and coach with unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and eject both. If you saw this "facemask" you would know that whether he had the authority to do so or not....the ref was taking the appropriate action for the instance.

If you are referring to me here when I say something like Regina's entire roster is filled with players outside their school district boundary since Regina doesn't have a boundary, I stand by that statement.
If you feel that is a shot at the players and families at Regina, it is not meant to be. But if it offended you, I apologize

no offense taken here.
- the point that is bothersome to me is that a kid can play for Team A one season, play for Team B the next, and go back & play for Team A again the 3rd season. I don't care it Team A, B are private (Beckman, Xavier, Woodward Acad), or public (City High, Lin-Mar, Cascade) these are just random school names. It seams that there should be rules & regulations that should not allow this. There should be eligibility consequences. as an example: Maybe the "family" has to move more than 75 miles. I don't know. It just is not sitting well with me that high school sports has come to this. I have a hard time accepting this when my kid that has put in 3 years of commitment (but may not be as talented as the "transfer" looses his spot. Am I wrong on this? I guess it will prepare him for life.

I have a hard time accepting this when my kid that has put in 3 years of commitment (but may not be as talented as the "transfer" looses his spot. Am I wrong on this? I guess it will prepare him for life.

HIS spot?
Playing time is a privilege not a right. You aren't just given a spot. I vehemently disagree with you on your statement above

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT