ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Openings 2017-18

No I don't know the guy at all but I'm a parent from the community who loves high school football. I'd hate to see them make a really bad mistake.

No I don't know the guy at all but I'm a parent from the community who loves high school football. I'd hate to see them make a really bad mistake.

You're a parent from all the communities this coach has coached at? Wow, you must move a lot.

Actually, tigerlynx I don't think it's right to name someone unless it has become public knowledge such as a hire being made public through a contract being offered... Unlike where you have thrown someones name out there and essentially said they are a bad person / coach without them knowing so as well as not even knowing them just hearing scuttle from "people in the community".

So there is the difference between us on that approach I guess

I don't think I have ever used a broad brush and painted someone in a negative fashion the way that you did in this post but that's just my opinion.

I think you have a selective memory.

Are you referring to the last DC at CPU before Matthess? I don't think he will be getting any coaching jobs anytime soon.

Can't we all get along...

I'll try to get some info in between all the static. Some sensitive people on here. I have never heard of hardly any coach mentioned here. FBislife, is this the coach you were referring to that didn't get a fair shake at Alburnett?

still waiting hawkx

Again we will have to agree to disagree, have I mentioned coaches that have been up for jobs? Sure, but I don't think I've ever referred to any of them as loudmouths or essentially calling them bad people...

Here's an idea as well, you could always strap on a whistle since you know big time college players and guys that played in the league so you can do it better than others from the way it sounds.

FBislife, my friends from Alburnett are hoping they hire an assistant who has been there through thick and thin. He was a college player and has coached at every level at Alburnett. They feel if they hire him the merry go round will be over. I don't think this is the same person you were thinking, is it?

Not too my knowledge, But sounds like he may provide some stability they would need to build the program from what you said.

Tremendous career by Coach Schenck, not too often you see coaches spend almost 3 decades at one place.

Agreed hawx22, on both counts.

Fairfield has had only 3 head FB coaches over the past 55 years: Pearl Smith (1963 - 1987), Mike Schenck (1988 - 2009, 2011 - 2016), and Jason Ganoe (2010)

Again we will have to agree to disagree, have I mentioned coaches that have been up for jobs? Sure, but I don't think I've ever referred to any of them as loudmouths or essentially calling them bad people...

Here's an idea as well, you could always strap on a whistle since you know big time college players and guys that played in the league so you can do it better than others from the way it sounds.

Unfortunately my job would prevent me from coaching. I still think its fairly easy to diagnose a poorly coached team. Hawkxs you have been ultra critical of a lot of coaching situations. Why now are you defending a guy you don't know.

Unfortunately my job would prevent me from coaching. I still think its fairly easy to diagnose a poorly coached team. Hawkxs you have been ultra critical of a lot of coaching situations. Why now are you defending a guy you don't know.

I think there are too many variables to really tell if a team is poorly coached from the outside tbh... Also have I been critical of other coaches? I think critical is a fair word but I think that's a big difference to where you went with essentially is a personal attack on someones character or ability, not to mention this is a person you say you have never met, you are only going on hearsay.

I would be saying the same thing regarding any coach you talked about in that manner, it's so blatantly obvious that you have a personal axe to grind here with this certain coach. I prefer to settle issues I have with people in person instead via a message board... But that's just me.

He was presented with an employment opportunity - out of state, and out of the field of education - which he accepted.

Well it sounds that it was fortunate that Coach Schenck was still in the community to step back in for the program.

Also I have no dog in this fight but from what I hear from friends who are in the education field. It's getting harder and harder to get teachers / coaches so let's not be critical or attack them unless it gets to the point where they may be doing something illegal or a danger to their players.

That is my two cents on stuff, but if you two want to continue with the measuring contest by all means...

When do the schools typically look to hire someone? Are these jobs gonna be filled before school's out or does it happen after the school year?

When do the schools typically look to hire someone? Are these jobs gonna be filled before school's out or does it happen after the school year?

Really just depends on the schools philosphy on how fast they want to hire someone... May also depend if they are waiting on a position to open up.

Usually most schools will always fill a position before summer though due to all the summer activities that go on for football, unless it is a unusually circumstance.

I think there are too many variables to really tell if a team is poorly coached from the outside tbh... Also have I been critical of other coaches? I think critical is a fair word but I think that's a big difference to where you went with essentially is a personal attack on someones character or ability, not to mention this is a person you say you have never met, you are only going on hearsay.

I would be saying the same thing regarding any coach you talked about in that manner, it's so blatantly obvious that you have a personal axe to grind here with this certain coach. I prefer to settle issues I have with people in person instead via a message board... But that's just me.

He has been been a jerk to several people I know and they are still upset about it. I still find it very curious that you seem to step up to bat for him when you have never done that before.

• He has been been a jerk to several people I know and they are still upset about it. I still find it very curious that you seem to step up to bat for him when you have never done that before.

Good god, enough with this preschoolish behavior here, this exactly why people can't stand message boards!

Tigerlynx you just proved Hawx22' point for petes sake, you do have an axe to grind here against one person because he seems to have hurt other people's feelings that all happen to be friends with you. Like someone previously mentioned nobody has ever heard of him before. Move on people!

FBislife, my friends from Alburnett are hoping they hire an assistant who has been there through thick and thin. He was a college player and has coached at every level at Alburnett. They feel if they hire him the merry go round will be over. I don't think this is the same person you were thinking, is it?

Lynxdad, are you referring to the person who is also on the school board there in Alburnett who has also helped out with football program?

• Good god, enough with this preschoolish behavior here, this exactly why people can't stand message boards!

Tigerlynx you just proved Hawx22' point for petes sake, you do have an axe to grind here against one person because he seems to have hurt other people's feelings that all happen to be friends with you. Like someone previously mentioned nobody has ever heard of him before. Move on people!

You also have a selective memory fb is life. Did Charlie Feller piss in your Cheerios or did you forget all the coach bashing you do as well.

I had a friend call this behavior "righteous when convenient"

Lynxdad, are you referring to the person who is also on the school board there in Alburnett who has also helped out with football program?

I know that there were solid candidates that applied when the position was posted. I am not sure if this person did apply, nor am I sure that the timing is correct for him.

Reactions: FBisLife5309
Yep, just found out the assistant coach is a school board member as well. But like Pir8dad said, sounds like he won't be applying this time around

You also have a selective memory fb is life. Did Charlie Feller piss in your Cheerios or did you forget all the coach bashing you do as well.

I had a friend call this behavior "righteous when convenient"

You remind me of another poster I used to see troll a lot and then quietly went away, and then all of sudden you popped up.

Things that make you go hmmmm

In the midst of all the noise going on with this thread, Fort Madison hired Tony Shiffman as their head coach. He's an assistant from a town in Northern Tennessee.

Originally, he's from the Springfield, IL area and has done most of his coaching there with a couple stops in between there and Fort Madison.

You remind me of another poster I used to see troll a lot and then quietly went away, and then all of sudden you popped up.

Things that make you go hmmmm

Not sure what you are thinking here but I've been a lurker for quite some time now. I guess you are accusing me of having multiple accounts? That's not the case at all.

South Hardin has been open for a while, not sure it has ever been mentioned on here, they also have basketball (fired this coach) and track.

Anamosa came open today as well.

That is what I thought to, and I had heard they were having more success at lower levels as well.

The board voted to terminate his contract, I believe that there was a players parent on the school board, could be some politics there, not sure exactly though.

Also Tipton came open today as well

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT