ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Openings 2017-18

I think today was the first day back for many schools. I would assume the next few months will see a few openings. Again, I think this is cyclical. The last few years seem like a ton of jobs have been open. This year may not see many openings.

Louisa-Muscatine is now Open.

Is it me, or are some of these jobs open every year or every 2 years. Some places seem to have a lot of turnover.

Yeah there are many programs like this, you wonder if somebody had the patience to stick it out, possibly some of these would show great improvement instead of having to change everything every other year.

According to their twitter and after doing some digging, North hired Shawn Flanagan. He was previously an assistant coach in Sioux Falls. Flanagan played at Oregon and participated in training camp for the Saints.

New London is now Open.

Regarding Brian Sauser, He was something like 2-18 in 2 years as the HC in Oklahoma. Hopefully he can have some success at WBND.

Any new news, either on new jobs or hires, I know there haven't been any jobs posted on Teach Iowa in a while.

I did see that Albia has reposted their football job. Any updates on their current search?

It is almost Feb 1st, so early retirement packages, budget cuts, etc etc will start being seen at a lot of districts. It will be interesting to see if more or even any new jobs open.

Cardinal is open, Nick Ehert (Steve Ehert's son) got the job last year, and had "some" success anyone know the story there.

The interview process can take a while, and with legislation currently happening in Des Moines, some schools are probably taking things slow, there haven't been many jobs in general posted on Teach iowa

I think the person is wrong about the Baxter job. Luther is still and will be coaching Baxter. He setup the schedule for football. If you look at his Twitter he said head coach of the Baxter bolts. I do not know anything about Collins Maxwell head coach. they just hired a AD and it's Troy houge he is or was the CMB head softball coach.

Last edited:
Mitch Moore is the new head coach at Greene County. He was previously the Director of High School Relations for Iowa State under Paul Rhoads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT