ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Openings 2017-18

The board voted to terminate his contract, I believe that there was a players parent on the school board, could be some politics there, not sure exactly though.

Also Tipton came open today as well

Man, PNation how do you know so many people, are you tapped into every school board across the state? lol

Surprised that the Tipton coach left I had heard he was pretty locked in there... I think that could be an attractive job though to the right coach

Well odds are if he is already on staff there he probably has a good chance at taking it over, unless they want to open it up to outside candidates

I think this is the negative effects of dwindling budgets getting sliced & diced by the state, teaching jobs getting cut and people can't live off of a coaching contract so they have to go where the teaching jobs are at.

The days of coaches staying at a school for decades I think has departed and is no longer the norm.

How long has the coach been there at NL?

I think this is the negative effects of dwindling budgets getting sliced & diced by the state, teaching jobs getting cut and people can't live off of a coaching contract so they have to go where the teaching jobs are at.

The days of coaches staying at a school for decades I think has departed and is no longer the norm.

How long has the coach been there at NL?

He's been here a decade or so

Reactions: FBisLife5309
Here's an update on open positions.

4A

Sioux City West

3A
Fort Madison

2A
Albia
Red Oak
Estherville
Central Lyon

1A
Clarke, Osceola
Louisa-Muscatine
Durant

Class A
New London
Cardinal

8-Man
Collins-Maxwell
Meskwaki
Lone Tree
Essex

Any more schools to be added to this list? And have any openings been filled?

If he is going to go this would be the year, his younger son is in 8th grade so he could switch schools with no penalty, if he were to play high school sports at Regina he would have to sit 90 days if he wanted to switch schools without a change in residence.

Wow, that would be a interesting move although there was rumors galore flying around he was going to be leaving Regina for ICW but that never happened. I'm sure Hinkel or Dumont would step right in for Cook if he did leave, they are more than ready to be a HC.

The list needs to be updated I know several jobs have been filled according to FootballScoop.com as well as more have opened up.

Head Coach from Saydel was approved by Ankeny Schools on Monday night so he's stepping down. 2 assistant positions open as well.

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding... that sure puts Saydel behind the 8-ball with whoever they bring in for a new coach

Their administration keeps them behind the 8 ball regardless of who is coaching there. But yes, they'll have their work cut out for them. Very young up front but bring back a few playmakers offensively so it'll be interesting to see if they can continue to build off the success they've had the last two seasons.

That's too bad their administration isn't working with them more instead of working against them.

Heard the coach that was at West Burlington took the Alburnett job.

Which if that's the case would be a huge get for a program like Alburnett, by far he would be the best coach they have had since the coach who had been there for over 20 years.

Which if that's the case would be a huge get for a program like Alburnett, by far he would be the best coach they have had since the coach who had been there for over 20 years.
Sauser?

So Alburnett got their guy, Bruer from West Burlington? FBislife, you seem really high on the hire. Do you know much about him, like what kind of offensive style he runs?

Was that who you heard they wanted Lynx?

I really don't know too much about Coach Bruer other than the fact that he seemed to do pretty well down at WB, prior to that I think he may have been at Clayton Ridge and every where he has been to they have been very competitive. I think he brings some stability to a posting that has been a revolving door the past few years.

I wouldn't know who the school was looking at. I just know some people from the community wanted an assistant coach to get it, but I heard others wanted anyone but the assistant coach.

I guess we'll see how they look when we play them.

Reactions: FBisLife5309
I wouldn't know who the school was looking at. I just know some people from the community wanted an assistant coach to get it, but I heard others wanted anyone but the assistant coach.

I guess we'll see how they look when we play them.

We will be small and young. Very good athletes that will have to play fast and smart.

Head Coach from Saydel was approved by Ankeny Schools on Monday night so he's stepping down. 2 assistant positions open as well.

Are you sure coach Alons is resigning football, he could be just teaching at Ankeny and still coaching at Saydel?

I know I saw the posting on teach Iowa, what exactly is wrong with the administration there?

This isn't the place to post stuff like that and out of respect to the two coaches still on staff I don't want to elaborate to much. If you'd like to private message me I'd be willing to give you a better idea. When Coach Alons wasn't given an interview for the AD position I couldn't stick around any longer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT