ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Openings 2017-18

I heard from a usually reliable source that Clarke offered the job to someone who turned it down for family reasons, don't know if it had to do with location or what

Here's an update on open positions.

4A

Sioux City West

3A
Fort Madison

2A
Albia
Red Oak
Estherville
Central Lyon

1A
Clarke, Osceola
Louisa-Muscatine
Durant

Class A
New London
Cardinal

8-Man
Collins-Maxwell
Meskwaki
Lone Tree
Essex

Alburnett also has head football posted, again. I wonder why they are having a revolving door?

Alburnett also has head football posted, again. I wonder why they are having a revolving door?

This job is becoming a joke! I would never apply there if I was a coach... The administration there has their head so far up their butts. They ran off a coach who was at least consistent and wanted to be there and then had an excellent candidate who was on staff that wanted the job very badly and who more than likely would still be there today but from what I hear they have a school board member who can't stay out of way and an administration who won't tell him to sit down and shut up!

So what happened to Father/Son Hughes at CCA, does anyone know?

Guess Matt Hughes was letting his outside job get in the way of making sure kids had opportunities at the next level... Not too mention it always seemed like a conflict of interest he was pushing his former Hawkeyes football camp (legends camp) which if I was a player would be the last place I would select to go because there is no real instruction that goes beyond what they already are being taught by their HS coaches.

If I was a HS administrator there is no way I would hire a HC that was not in the building in some capacity.

Reactions: DrainTheSwamp
As a fan of a rival, I have no problem seeing Alburnett struggle. They have had some decent teams in the past. Have not heard of any issues with admin or school board. In fact I just saw something where they ranked as one of the top school districts in Iowa for college preparedness. Know families that go there and they have never mentioned anything. With new facilities it should be a good job. Being they have had success in wrestling you would think they could also field a good football team.

Reactions: APir8Dad
Guess Matt Hughes was letting his outside job get in the way of making sure kids had opportunities at the next level... Not too mention it always seemed like a conflict of interest he was pushing his former Hawkeyes football camp (legends camp) which if I was a player would be the last place I would select to go because there is no real instruction that goes beyond what they already are being taught by their HS coaches.

If I was a HS administrator there is no way I would hire a HC that was not in the building in some capacity.

It has worked well in other situations where the HC isn't in the building in some capacity.

This job is becoming a joke! I would never apply there if I was a coach... The administration there has their head so far up their butts. They ran off a coach who was at least consistent and wanted to be there and then had an excellent candidate who was on staff that wanted the job very badly and who more than likely would still be there today but from what I hear they have a school board member who can't stay out of way and an administration who won't tell him to sit down and shut up!

Any more details on this?

Any more details on this?

Yes, please share your valuable information. (Not you PNation) Last years first year coach accepted a full-time position at another school resulting in the vacancy. He struggled last year with a team comprised of underclassmen. The final game had approximately 2/3 of the players on the field being made up of freshmen and sophomores. Should have loads of players next year in the 9, 10 and 11 classes for a new coach to develop.

Why did you change your handle LynxDad70?

I have not changed my handle. I have just joined, I wasn't even aware you could change your handle. Maybe I should come up with something more clever.

You and Pir8dad seem to be more in tune to things there than I am. Fire away. I am interested to hear if some things my buddies told me over the weekend are true or not.

Not sure what others have heard but I heard that the coach left for Vinton-Shellsburg which isn't a program that is burning things up by any means... By Pir8dad and FBisLife5309 sound more in the loop than I am...

Not sure what others have heard but I heard that the coach left for Vinton-Shellsburg which isn't a program that is burning things up by any means... By Pir8dad and FBisLife5309 sound more in the loop than I am...

That is correct that he accepted a full-time position at VS. I have not heard if he is involved with the football team this year, but it would not surprise me.

With regards to the comment about a problem in the program due to coaching changes is recapped below:

- Longtime coach separates

- New coach resigns 10 days before season for reasons that I will not discuss on a board
- New Principal/AD steps in for a season due to time

- New Coach hired, lasts one season before accepting FT position at another school

Yes, that is what I had heard this weekend. I had thought that Church was there for a couple years but was wrong. Thanks for straightening that out Pir8dad. The senior class there will have there 5th head coach in their 4 year career. That has to be some sort of state record

From what I heard though was when the long time coach resigned / told he would not be retained there was a assistant on his staff that was well respected and quite capable and most importantly wanted the job and the administration basically went with the shiny object with Feller even though he had the reputation for basically what he got fired for before the start of the season.

Due to the principal and AD (who aren't even there anymore) going for the shiny object in the room meaning Charlie Feller who was a disgrace and should never coach high school athletics, then the consistent coach they had on staff that more than likely would still be there now.

Due to the principal and AD (who aren't even there anymore) going for the shiny object in the room meaning Charlie Feller who was a disgrace and should never coach high school athletics, then the consistent coach they had on staff that more than likely would still be there now.

Oh. We must be thinking of two different people. My buddy said there is currently an assistant on staff who they could hire and he would provide stability. Where did the other assistant go? Does he still want the job?

PNation I'm hearing Clarke has their eyes on a coach from your neck of the woods in Eastern Iowa, or he used to be in Eastern Iowa, have you heard any rumblings from your sources?

Well are you referring to the person they originally offered the job to who was an assistant on the staff? Which was O'Toole and he rescinded the offer after initially accepting it.

I'm talking currently who they have their eyes set on.

Hmm interesting... I'm hearing they really like a candidate that used to coach at Center Point-Urbana. Not sure if that's the same person you are talking about.

Per the 4/11/17 edition of the Fairfield Daily Ledger, head football coach Mike Schenck has announced his decision to resign from that position. Coach Schenck served as Fairfield's head football coach for 28 years.

Reactions: hawxs22
Hmm interesting... I'm hearing they really like a candidate that used to coach at Center Point-Urbana. Not sure if that's the same person you are talking about.

Hmm, I hope not. That guy is an loudmouth know it all. I know a few people from a few of his stops that say he doesn't know half of what thinks he does.

I'm not sure what would make him qualified for the position either.

There's a unbiased opinion tigerlynx lol

I haven't heard much on the coaching front but I did just see that the AD from West Delaware was hired at Liberty High School.

I'm not sure how he is personally (don't shoot the messenger)

From what I heard he has coached college football before, so sounds like one qualifier, as well as being a coordinator at a decent sized high school in Iowa seems like another qualifier.

However, all of this is a guessing game until the job is offered and accepted... May be someone totally different.

Per the 4/11/17 edition of the Fairfield Daily Ledger, head football coach Mike Schenck has announced his decision to resign from that position. Coach Schenck served as Fairfield's head football coach for 28 years.

Tremendous career by Coach Schenck, not too often you see coaches spend almost 3 decades at one place.

Reactions: Superbee922
Actually not sure who that is, that is not the name I have heard... The name I have heard was a college coordinator for a number of years and coached for several years at CPU.

However, I will say it sure sounds like you track this one coach particular closely, sounds like no axe to grind there. :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT