ADVERTISEMENT

Who are your state title favorites, today?

4A-----Iowa City West (Just too much firepower)

3A------Pella (Can't wait to see this bracket play at the Well as I think 3A is wide open and should be a blast)

2A----New Hampton

1A-----Danville (Fun and athletic team to watch)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lol
roll.r191677.gif

1A- Gladbrook Reinbeck- It seems as though they have found a new gear in the post season and the scariest thing is they were undefeated during the regular season. Some teams have that we won't lose mentality and I think this team is one of them. Last two games they have scored 51-14 and 50-21 at half. Danville has that fire power as well, but GR has more size and that is more important in high school basketball than having shooters.

2A- New Hampton or Western Christian- If Kreiner was still at New Hampton... Good Luck! I do think that this field is more open than people realize. Treynor, Forest City, AP, Cascade, Monticello, Regina, IKM-Manning, Pella Christian, and DM Christian are all good teams as well. On a give night Woodward Academy can take a good team out with its scoring ability from Dontre English and Ivan Johnson.

3A- Again this is open, but I think 3 teams stand above currently and 5 teams on the verge. Wahlert, WSR, and Pella currently look like the cream. Xavier, Assumption, LeMars, Spirit Lake, and Williamsburg.

4A- IC West. I think they can get challenged by the following teams. North Scott, DM Hoover, Pleasant Valley, Waukee, and Ankeny Centennial. Schon not playing for Centennial hurts the chances, but that is still a solid team.

One more substate round of possible upsets yet, but I am going with the four teams I picked before the season started:

4A-- Iowa City West. Great guards. Don't make stupid mistakes/turnovers. Play with deadly precision. Great FT shooters.
Possible contenders- North Scott and maybe DM Hoover or PV if healthy.

3A-- Cedar Rapids Xavier. If you haven't seen them play lately in person, don't criticize my pick. Incredible shooters; Basically four guard offense. Rarely turn ball over. Deadly free throw shooters. A different team from 2 months ago.
Possible contenders- Pella, LeMars, DC-G, Waverly, (Ft. Madison, Williamsburgh), and Wahlert in that order. Most balanced class, by far. Expect lots of upsets. .

2A- Western Christian or maybe New Hampton. Would be shocked if anybody else won.

1A- Gladbrook Reinbeck. Haven't seen them play.

This post was edited on 2/26 9:26 PM by EastIowaHawk

How about including South O'Brien for Class 1A? They have taken out Central Lyon and Boyden-Hull.

That's a damn good run by South O'Brien! They have a great streak of 15 wins...Still have to make it to state though. Should be a good one against a solid GTRA squad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT