ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinals

usfhawk

All District
Jul 13, 2006
Final 8

Bishop Garrigan @ West Lyon

-BG is peaking at the right time. Really have been playing at a high level.
-This will be West Lyon's toughest test of the year.

Audubon @ AHST

-Should be a good one. Both one seeds
-BCmoore has AHST as 5 point favorites

Wapsie Valley @ Gladbrook Reinbeck

-Should be a battle. Wapsie has the experience.
- BCmoore has Wapsie as 3 point favorites

Pekin @ BGM

-My be the best game of Friday Night.
-Pekin may be looking for revenge from regular season loss, but BGM will be tough to beat. Not sure Pekin has the horses.
-BCmoore has BGM as 18 point favorites.

4 great games!!!

I look for all of these games to be tough competitive games. Should be a good night of football.

WL
AHST
WV
BGM

Then:
WL
WV

When the dust settles:
West Lyon

As dominant as WL has been, I don't see them being really tested from here on out. Of course, who knows?

Doc, you make it sound so easy!! No doubt WL is a very good football team, but at this point everyone still alive is very good.

Has Doc seen WL play? The first time we played FM the year they won 8 man I had ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY no doubt what so ever they were going to win it all. They were that good...

Boards are kind of slow right now... Does anyone see any huge matchups that will hurt a team? I think GR will have to find something in the passing game to have a chance against Wapsie. Wapsie's size and experience up front will help against the run, so if GR can get going in the passing game, I think they could stay in it for a while.

USFHawk I think you're right. I think Garrigan is peaking right now. I haven't seen them live or on video, but have a former college teammate from Garrigan. He says they are for real. They have twins (Loss brothers??) that he said are Div. 1 players. He loves their QB as well. He says they will match West Lyon in the trenches as well. Claims the coaches feel they are going to beat West Lyon. We'll see. I would love to see the matchup, but the Sioux County battle is where I will be.

Audobon/AHST game IMO comes down to the Audobon OL vs. AHST defense. AHST offense will get their scores but it is not a scary offense to defend. Probably 21 points +/- if I had to guess. If Audobon stops the run, they have a real shot to beat AHST. The AHST passing game is okay but not impressive. Get pressure on passing downs and the QB struggles.

Audobon OL struggled with the tenacity of the AHST defense in the first meeting. If they struggle as they did in the first meeting the outcome will be close but AHST wins. Madrid's front 7 and especially the D-line was on a different level at the end of the year. To still have a chance to win late with an offense that gives up 5 fumbles said a lot about the Madrid defense. Not sure Audobon is playing quite at that level defensively, but if they can get them in passing situations and bring heat they have a chance.

Prediction is 21 - 13 AHST. Confidence 50%. I can just as easily see this at 21 - 13 Audobon. Think it will be that kind of game.

BG has been playing the best football from D2 the past few weeks. They deserve to be where they are right now. Coach has been building for this season for awhile now as there are key upper classmen that have started for a few years on their varisty. There are 2 Loss players. They are cousins not twins. Both seniors. One is a RB, the other a TE/WR. Running attack is B. Loss, Langerman and their QB Wadle. They are solid. As for D1 players? No. No disrespect intended, but D1 is a different level of play. QB is coaches son. 3rd year starter and just a junior. Cerebral and athletic. Very much a coach on the field.

Lost to a very tough and undefeated St. Eds team by only 5. Lost on the last play of the game to AGWSR, back when AGWSR was at full strength. BG defense is solid. Whoever consistantly controls the line of scrimmage will win this game.

Bishop Garrigan looks great from the film that I have seen. Good backs, solid line, and are well coached. They seem to be really putting it together right now. Confidence can go a long way. They match up player for player about as well as anyone WL has seen thus far.

Hoping for a great game.

I am really interested in the Pekin/BGM game. Pekin gave them trouble in their first meeting. Would like to hear some predictions. How do these two matchup?

Pekin held BGM to 2.88 ypc in their first meeting. They will need a similar defensive performance and fewer turnovers to take down BGM.

I agree with usfhawk about garrigan peaking right now. It will be a tough game for West Lyon. I do think it will come down to who wins the trenches and gets off to a faster start. Both teams have great backfields, and from what i have read a the algona backs are better than the backfield of west lyon. It will be interesting to see if that holds water. I know when the dust settles the better team will come out on top, either way it will be a hard fought game on both sides. Just throwing a prediction out there, west lyon 24 algona 21 on a last second 45 yard field goal by snyder.

When BGM played Pekin a few weeks ago BGM had roughly 20 penalties called against them to Pekin's 3. Other than that one game BGM has been penalized very little this season. Just my opinion but the way BGMs defense is playing and the fact that they get to play Pekin at home I think BGM will win by a slightly larger margin than they did the last time these two teams played. My prediction: BGM 28. Pekin 7.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT