ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Newspaper Assn. 2A Top Ten

EastIowaHawk

All District
Jan 6, 2008
We've had 1A, 3A and 4A rankings on this site, but no "official" 2A ranking, so I'm responding by posting the latest 2A rankings which came out this morning by the Iowa Newspaper Assn., which consists of ten sports reporters from mostly bigger newspapers around the state. (Last week only six responded, so no list was published.)

Iowa Boys Basketball Prep Poll- 2A

1. Dyersville Beckman (80 votes)
2. Treynor- 73 votes
3. North Linn- Troy Mills- 64
4. Camanche- 59
5. West Sioux, Harwarden-54
6. Aplington-Parkersburg- 36
7. Pella Christian- 34
8. Iowa City Regina- 20
9. Osage- 18
tie 9. Northeast Goose lake- 18

Interestingly, Treynor got the most 1st place votes (5), N. Linn (2), Camanche (2) and A-P (1), and Beckman none, but Beckman was in the top three in all ten voter's submissions. If you want me to post the INA's other polls, let me know.

Last edited:
Man 2A is loaded this year! Surprised boyden hull didn’t make the list. Anyone seen North Linn this year? They are destroying teams once again, but taking a glance at BCMoore it says they have the 94th hardest schedule in 2A (out of 96)... can they repeat or are they just beating up on some of the worst teams in the state again?

No Monticello...
I suspect they belong in that list. Off to a 5-1 start, with the only loss being a 1 point defeat to 4A Cedar Rapids Washington last Saturday.

Treynor hasn't played anybody yet. Their competition is a combined 6-19 this season.

Reactions: Anonymous111
It doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the rankings when they can only get 6 of 10 to vote one week, and then they include a team from the wrong class the following week.

Thanks SWIsportsfan--I just reviewed the 2A ratings and re-checked and Glenwood is a TYPO. It should be Northeast Goose Lake, with 18 votes. I went back and changed it. I do agree that Tony Roe and the other posters who have rated teams on this site are probably more able to be accurate than a bunch of local sportswriters who cover their own neighborhood teams and just check Quik Stats to see who has the best records.

Spirit Lake has a nice young squad. After being on the 2A/3A bubble the last 5 years they finally dropped to 2A. With 1 senior on the roster, it might not quite be there time. But early on they have wins against a very good MOC and Newell Fonda teams. Newell Fonda has nice win at Western Christian and Spirit Lake beat them in there gym. Losses are at 3A Spencer and a good Worthington team. Lots of talented teams in NW Iowa this year.

Western Christian
West Sioux
Rock Valley
Boyden Hull
Several other Siouxland teams

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT