ADVERTISEMENT

D3-D4 Games

Waukon88

Freshman
Apr 23, 2004
2 very good games in the 2nd round for these 2 districts

Waukon @ Beckman
Cascade @ New Hampton

I was surprised with the score of Beckman/Hampton-Dumont. I know that Hampton-Dumont is a very good young team and is going to be a force next few years. It should be interesting to see Waukon-Beckman next week. Cascade/New Hampton is very intriguing to me. Cascade is kinda under the radar right know but I still like New Hampton in this game.

Db and nh. Db to fast
Nh to strong def.

Waukon Cascade. both nice seasons. BUT both teams live and die through QB so easier to stop. Homefield covers.

Beckman and Cascade will both get through to the next round. Waukon and New Hampton just don't have the offensive firepower needed to get by in the playoffs.

I think Waukon/New Hampton is a lot better than people realize. Based on scores and I know that is not always the way to base how good teams are but Cascade played Union close twice this year and allowed an average of 20 points a game to them. The only thing I question about of Cascade is their defense. I don't know how Beckman only beat Hampton-Dumont 15-14. Waukon beat Hampton-Dumont 40-6, so it will be interesting to see how both games go this Monday night. Me personally I hope it is a Waukon/New Hampton rematch next Friday night, it should be a fun game if it happens.

In my Opinion both Waukon and NH win, No way New Hampton plays like they did against CPU, I think the wet field conditions had something to do with how they played, but I would guess they know they play like that again they won't beat anyone. I also feel NH was very flat thinking there overall talent would just win that game and didn't need the effort. I also believe if NH plays every game like they did against Waukon they will be a very tough out. NH also has plenty of offensive fire power.

Also believe that Waukon beats DB by 3-4 Touchdowns, Waukon is very difficult to slow down especially the way that NH slowed them down. It sounds like DB had a few turnovers vs HD but still would be surprised if Waukon didn't win like 42-14.

Anyone heard anything on NH starting Center Blake Ohm? Haven't heard anything about him

Originally posted by NHGuy:
In my Opinion both Waukon and NH win, No way New Hampton plays like they did against CPU, I think the wet field conditions had something to do with how they played, but I would guess they know they play like that again they won't beat anyone. I also feel NH was very flat thinking there overall talent would just win that game and didn't need the effort. I also believe if NH plays every game like they did against Waukon they will be a very tough out. NH also has plenty of offensive fire power.

Also believe that Waukon beats DB by 3-4 Touchdowns, Waukon is very difficult to slow down especially the way that NH slowed them down. It sounds like DB had a few turnovers vs HD but still would be surprised if Waukon didn't win like 42-14.?

Anyone heard anything on NH starting Center Blake Ohm? Haven't heard anything about him

Ohm is done for the year.

NH played well against CPU, up 26-0 until they appeared to have a mental lapse after a somewhat questionable personal foul in the middle of the 3rd qtr. CPU has some nice athletes on offense and took advantage. Should be a nice wake up call for them.

Beckman and Waukon will be a good ballgame. I will be shocked if it is a blow out.
This post was edited on 11/3 10:17 AM by SPOONER

Originally posted by trout_king15:
Beckman and Cascade will both get through to the next round. Waukon and New Hampton just don't have the offensive firepower needed to get by in the playoffs.

Except of course that Waukon has scored more points than any of these teams, including more than 130 points more than Cascade. New Hampton has also scored more points than Cascade.

Thanks for the update on Ohm, that is too bad, did a nice job this year

I know they were up 26-0, still didn't think they played that well even up by 4 scores, I think it may have been more than a mental lapse, seeing they gave up 21 straight points. Hope it does open there eyes and see they can't stop playing even if there is a bad call against them.

We will see on DB/Waukon game, I hope it's a good game, just don't believe it will be, there has only been one team that has gave Waukon a good game and really slowed them down, I don't know if that will happen again even if they play NH again on Friday.

I have seen both New Hampton and Waukon play this year and, frankly, was terribly disappointed. Their offenses may have put up more points on the board than Cascade, but they just don't stack up talent-wise to teams like Beckman and Cascade. Most glaringly, however, is the obvious lack of discipline and coaching that both of these teams have exhibited throughout the year. This will come up to bite them as they continue in the playoffs. Mark my words.

Double wow. But Trout King also predicting Clayton Ridge over IC Regina by 17 tomorrow night...so keep that in mind as well.

I have seen both New Hampton and Waukon play this year and, frankly, was terribly disappointed. Their offenses may have put up more points on the board than Cascade, but they just don't stack up talent-wise to teams like Beckman and Cascade. Most glaringly, however, is the obvious lack of discipline and coaching that both of these teams have exhibited throughout the year. This will come up to bite them as they continue in the playoffs. Mark my words.

I can't comment much on talent as I have not seen Beckman and Cascade play but saying New Hampton lacks discipline and (especially) coaching is absolutely laughable. What that staff does year in and year out is nothing short of incredible. I think if and when they lose it will be to a team that beats them up front or is just plain better. It won't be due to coaching.

Note that Hampton Dumont, a team that outplayed Beckman last week, was blasted by Waukon and handled by New Hampton with relative ease. Union was whipped by both teams but played Cascade down to the wire.

We will see what happens Monday night. Both should be good, close games. No result would surprise me unless someone gets blown out.

I don't think I have ever heard anyone say that NH lacks discipline, by my guess and I don't have any actual numbers or stats to back this up, but I would guess NH is one of the fewest penalized teams in 2A if not the whole Iowa High School Football, they don't commit many penalties whether its a false start or personal foul, right there shows that this team does't lack discipline. NH coaching staff is probably one of the best in the State, they don't always have the numbers or talent to match up with other schools, but they always compete, and make the correct adjustments, NH has as much skill talent on this team than they have ever had, and there offensive line is also solid, and defensive is one of the best in 2A.

And for Waukon they have always been known as a dirty/undisciplined team, but when I seen them against NH I thought they were pretty disciplined except for 2 penalties in the 3rd quarter, it was pretty clean game, and Waukon seemed pretty disciplined even with NH defense frustrating them for most of the game, meaning I didn't see to many cheap shots, like Waukon has delivered in the past.

Spooner and I don't agree on the Waukon/DB game, I would be more surprised if that game is close, meaning within 7-10 points, I just think Waukon will win it by 3-4 touchdowns. When we talk about NH it all comes down to there effort and how bad they want to win. If they want it like they did against Waukon and even Union they will be a very hard out. If they don't want it as much like against CPU, then they could lose to Cascade. Let's hope for some quality High School football games tonight. Go Chickasaws!

Hopefully Waukon and NH both find some discipline tonight, or else there both going to struggle

It really will depend on which teams show up.

I was surprised last week by New Hampton struggling against CPU (average team) and Beckman almost losing to Hampton Dumont (average team). If either of those teams show up this week, they will not win - both will need to improve upon last week's mistakes.

Originally posted by UnionFootballFan:
It really will depend on which teams show up.

I was surprised last week by New Hampton struggling against CPU (average team) and Beckman almost losing to Hampton Dumont (average team). If either of those teams show up this week, they will not win - both will need to improve upon last week's mistakes.
CPU may have been "average" but Cascade only beat them by 7. They have some very legit young skill players. That said, it isn't that you don't have a point.

As for coaching, NH is undersized and unimpressive physically up front (which is common) yet they still move the ball and went undefeated. That's a combination of hard nosed kids and outstanding coaching.

I must say I am really surprised with how both of these games have transpired. I think its safe to say that these are the best games Waukon and New Hampton have played all year.

Through the 3rd quarter Waukon and NH have put up a combined 58 to Cascade and DB 7. Trout King your logic is absurd, and the proof was shown tonight. NH and Waukon could be two of the top 4 teams in the state, coming out of the same district. Waukon has won all of their games by at least 24 with most wins coming of much more. NH has allowed 80 points all year, while Cascade and DB have allowed almost double that. Maybe next year.

I really hope your not serious, but this is one of the worst games NH has played, probably haven't played like this since the Charles City game. Can't speak for Waukon, from what I see from the score there playing fairly well

Thanks Riverman. At the very least NH and Waukon had to play one of their best games of the year to take down these quality squads. It is a shame that the winner of Friday's New Hampton and Waukon matchup is going to make the Dome.

Thanks Riverman. At the very least NH and Waukon had to play one of their best games of the year to take down these quality squads. It is a shame that the winner of Friday's New Hampton and Waukon matchup is going to make the Dome.
This is laughable...just reading this thread, but anyone predicting Cascade to beat New Hampton hasn't seen much of either team this year. I think I just read that some clown said NH was lacking discipline...and had poor coaching...and no talent? Obviously haven't seen much of NH this year.

I thought Waukon/DB had the potential to be a good one. I will say that I thought an NH/Waukon rematch had a high probability after seeing them play...its going to be difficult for NH to beat them again.

New Hampton 19
Cascade 7

It is not laughable to think that Cascade could have beaten New Hampton tonight. A 12 point difference is not that much. This game really could have went either way. Have some common sense.

New Hampton 19
Cascade 7

It is not laughable to think that Cascade could have beaten New Hampton tonight. A 12 point difference is not that much. This game really could have went either way. Have some common sense.
It is laughabe...and laughable that you say that you've seen NH play this year...everything you use to describe them is the exact opposite of the truth.

Ok I'll describe New Hampton as being about 12 points better than Cascade which happened to be the honest truth on this given night. It was definitely not out of the question that Cascade could have came away with the W tonight, so please quit laughing....

This post was edited on 11/4 9:58 PM by trout_king15

New Hampton 19
Cascade 7

Cascade ran a whopping 1 play inside the NH red zone. Clearly you were not at the game. If those two teams play 20 times, Cascade might win once. Maybe. NH was uncharacteristically sloppy tonight and will have to take things up a few notches Friday night.

BTW, speaking of undisciplined, with an officiating crew who didn't choose to swallow their whistles, Cascade would have had a good 3 personal fouls in the 4th quarter.

troll.jpg

By the way, trout_king and the river guy are obviously the same person.

Waukon's best games were against LPC and SW.
New Hampton's best games were against LPC and Waukon.

Cascade and CPU games were two of NH's worst this year.

Originally posted by smallcenter:

troll.jpg

By the way, trout_king and the river guy are obviously the same person.

I am thinking the same thing. Poorly done as well. Let's see...barely slip by the 3 and 4 teams from D3 that NH and Waukon drilled then lose by two TDs and in a blowout. NH and Waukon are clearly the best two teams out of these districts and it isn't all that close. The winner on Friday may very well bring home the big trophy.

Just want to congratulate both NH and Waukon on easy victories. They are to be commended for their offensive firepower, discipline, and great coaching. Neither of these games a contest. Anyone hear a final score on Clayton Ridge-Iowa City Regina?

Waukon man handled an injury depleted Beckman squad. It was obvious in the first round Beckman win over HD that Waukon would have an advantage. Their combination of size and speed was no match for a Beckman team that lacked the depth needed to win these games. Not sure how Waukon lost to New Hampton. Doubt very much that they will again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT