ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Openings 23-24

I haven't been to Iowa Works but just saw on social media that Harris Lake Park is looking for a head football coach. Solid program up there under Coach Gunderson starting anew.

CCA could be a very attractive job, affluent area that from the outside appears to have good resources and most year has talent. But, when the previous coach reports that his contract wasn't renewed I would think that is a red flag for anyone who would think of applying.

What are they thinking? They get rid of their coaches every few years. It's getting harder and harder to find good coaches.
Not sure what CCA was thinking because the coach they just let go by not renewing his contract was doing some really good things. In todays society it is win and win now nobody has time to build anything anymore because people want instant success and that just doesn't happen with hs kids. Make no mistake he will be coaching somewhere next fall and be successful.

I will also say with the CCA situation, we are only getting the coaches side, and we won't get the schools side because I don't think we really can. I am not saying that there is something else, I have no knowledge of that situation, I am just saying it today's age we are too quick to jump to conclusions and take a side.

Reactions: roosterk
I will also say with the CCA situation, we are only getting the coaches side, and we won't get the schools side because I don't think we really can. I am not saying that there is something else, I have no knowledge of that situation, I am just saying it today's age we are too quick to jump to conclusions and take a side.
Very true, always two sides. In the not to distant past that area had a fairly high ‘my kid should be the star’ followed with excessive meddling. And yes I am aware of how some parents are. They had some increased challenges transitioning from a smaller school district of legacies to the larger mix that they have now.

DM Roosevelt hired Ernst Brun (former Iowa State TE). He had been on the staff for a few years as an offensive assistant and was the OC under Jared Barnett.

Reactions: Hooper2021
I'm really surprised by this, mainly because he has been at NF for so long I just assumed that was where he would always be.

Hearing that Perry has hired Mark Schilb as their coach and AD

I'm old enough to remember when mishandling money wouldn't just get you fired, it would probably end up getting you put to jail. Now these guys just blow money that isn't theirs and end up with a new gig in a year or two.

I'm old enough to remember when mishandling money wouldn't just get you fired, it would probably end up getting you put to jail. Now these guys just blow money that isn't theirs and end up with a new gig in a year or two.
And some even get a new job immediately like the ex-ADM coach...

Friend I have in the community says the community isn’t real happy with this hire on the AD end of things. People are questioning why he was hired to control the athletic department after his trouble at Clarinda. Sounds like the Supt pushed it through without divulging that info to the board.

Sounds like most are happy with the football hiring end of things. Guy I spoke with was excited at least.

Last edited:
A good hire for Cascade. Hopefully he can get more kids out for football, I think they only had 27 players (9-12th) last fall.

Any word on a hire at Aplington-Parkersburg?

i have been following perry for decades, and i wonder if the bluejays have ever had a winning team ? perry is definitly a tough place to win, and what surprises me is there have a fair amount of kids there. perry was playing harlan back in the 60,,s , maybe the big 8? i believe lake city was on the schedule too if u can believe that

i have been following perry for decades, and i wonder if the bluejays have ever had a winning team ? perry is definitly a tough place to win, and what surprises me is there have a fair amount of kids there. perry was playing harlan back in the 60,,s , maybe the big 8? i believe lake city was on the schedule too if u can believe that
I can't imagine it'll get any better for them either with the announcement of the Tyson plant going down. 1k + jobs leaving town.

I can't imagine it'll get any better for them either with the announcement of the Tyson plant going down. 1k + jobs leaving town.
wow...another newton iowa. i see the tyson plant is indeed closing, 1276 employees without jobs. they are encouraged to find jobs at other tyson facilities though. tyson is the largest employer in perry..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT