ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Openings 23-24

Roosevelt is open. Jared Barnett resigned. I've also heard rumblings that Lincoln will be open here in the next few weeks.

Just speculation or do you have the Lincoln news on good authority?.
This is more on the side of speculation. Plenty of rumors going around involving smoke in the program, but nothing has accumulated into a fire......as of yet. I do know that the entire coaching staff resigned at the end of the season.

This is more on the side of speculation. Plenty of rumors going around involving smoke in the program, but nothing has accumulated into a fire......as of yet. I do know that the entire coaching staff resigned at the end of the season.
I don't think that's accurate as I know several of the assistants and they said they are coming back. So not sure who your sources are on that.

the sources are the assistant coaches who have informed the AD they are not coming back.

in fairness, this is pretty similar to the offseason two years ago when DMPS just did a giant assistant coach shuffle. so maybe that's the case with two (maybe even as many as four) head coach openings in the city.

Great guy and a great hire. Too bad he won't be assisting with wrestling anymore. That will hurt the numbers.

Don’t believe there is a connection. I do see his son plays for Iowa. Time will tell if this hire is here for the long haul or a stepping stone. Reading up on the guy, he sounds phenomenal.

Ridgeview is open

And all of these jobs are on Iowa Works, that is where all of the old Teach Iowa jobs now are.

Hey All-I am the AD at Clarke in Osceola. Currently 2A but will be 3A soon. Our Football coach stepped down and we are looking to a new Varsity football coach and staff. We have multiple teaching positions as well.

Feel free to get ahold of me at derek.vanblarcom@clarkecsd.org or apply here:

I have no personal knowledge of the situation, but that would be my guess, he has been the head coach there for a while and maybe after a state title he thought it was time. It could also be a situation where he is retiring from teaching (I assume he also teaches) but then plans on continuing to coach, but technically has to reapply for the coaching job.

I wonder what type of applicants they will get for that job. When it is well known that you ran off a coach who had decent success that was also an alum that I believe was part of a State Championship team, I wonder who would want to put up with that headache.

I wonder what type of applicants they will get for that job. When it is well known that you ran off a coach who had decent success that was also an alum that I believe was part of a State Championship team, I wonder who would want to put up with that headache.
My guess is that tracks for young and inexperienced. Most veterans know better than to jump into a situation like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT