ADVERTISEMENT

2014 Thoughts

Sep 3, 2011
2014 Thoughts

Who Surprises:

Lawton Bronson
-Lawton Bronson seems to have a lot of young talent coming with RB Ashley and Nitzsche. Should battle for district 1 with Hinton next fall.

AGWSR
-AGWSR would have done big things this year if not for a few injuries. The overrated district one better watch out next fall.

Madrid
-Returns stud RB in Gibbons. Nobody in district 7 will be able to slow him down. Madrid will be one

Pekin
- Pekin was the only team outside of west lyon to give BGM a challenge this year. They return some good players on offense. Will be gooood.

Lisbon
- Lisbon loses some solid players but they have some of the best coaches in the state and will be tough to beat next fall.

AHST
-Semifinalist that looked like an JV 8 man team in the semis, but bring back so much. Look for them to make a return trip on the easy side of the bracket.

Who Disappoints:

Wapsie Valley
- Wapsie will have a few solid players returning, but if district 3 is similar to the last two seasons they will still win it.

Woodward Granger
-Losing Clark will be hard to replace.

BGM
-Will only beat teams by 60 next year.

West Lyon
-Seems to be losing everyone!!!! According to quikstats they lose their top 4 rushers. They will not be able to simply physically outmatch teams next fall. Will be in a dogfight for 3 spot in district 1.

Thoughts?

Really, West Lyon 3rd in their district? Please keep this and we'll take a look next Fall at your prediction. Games are won and lost up front. I saw them sub at the 3 games I saw and their 2nd string line was all juniors and a stud sophomore. Their backfield won't be as good, but we're talking about a backfield that was better than any 3A school. They will have a very good Class A backfield led by what could be the best fullback in the state in Mozer. My prediction is WL will win their district and battle Hinton for a chance to get back to the dome.

You can speculate all you want at this point, but I think a few of these schools will be 1-A next year....

+1 ballboy. None of this really matters as there will be new districts coming out soon and a lot of class A teams are on the border of becoming 1A.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT