ADVERTISEMENT

2007 Class 2A All-State

nhssoccer

Varsity
Feb 16, 2004
1st Team: Captain, Hunter Kennedy, CR Washington; Jacob Misel, Ankeny; Ben Watson, CR Jefferson; Daniel Hurd, WDM Valley; Charlie Schwartz, Bettendorf; Alex Carillo, IC High; Cody Bowers, DSM East; Michael McLellan, WDM Valley; Joe Frerichs, CR Kennedy; Augustine Faiz, DSM Hoover; GK Kyle Zobeck, IC West
2nd Team: James Driver, CB Jefferson; Cal Beatty, CR Prairie; Marshall Fisher, DSM Roosevelt; Tony Maxey, Dowling Catholic; Rick Kievits, CB Lincoln; Mark Adams, Waukee; Alex Teeling, Dowling Catholic; Seth Penney, IC West; Nestor Galan, SC West; Grant Bowden, Waukee; GK Ross Jennings, Johnston
Honorable Mention: Grant Brown, Newton; Alex Cardona, SC West; Zlatan Kajtezovic, Waterloo West; Michael Thaden, WDM Valley; GK Jordan Grimm, CR Kennedy; GK Stuart Soorholtz, WDM Valley

Thanks for posting this, NHS.

Very cool. Although, there is NO WAY anyone except Jacob Misel should be the Captain of the 2A State team. Cedar Rapids Wash? They didn't even make it to state.

At what other site was this announced at or through the newspaper?

Frosty... I have no problem with CR Wash kid as captain if he was the outstanding player in the state vs. having his team make it to state. I think the coaches are plugged in on who the outstanding players across the state.

EIHC Fan:

Sorry, you're wrong. When a kid hits two game winning goals in the 2A Semi Finals and the State Championship game, as well as being an all around ALL STATE performer, like Misel is, he should be the Captain. Again, CR Wash didn't win their conference, or make it to state.

And as for the source, you need to ask NHSsoccer, as he posted the teams.

Hey Jacob:

Congratulations on your state championship and your decision for college. Good luck in the future. A bunch of the Div 2 & 3 schools do a first class job and play a very good brand of soccer. By the way, I also am 'underwhelmed' by the drake program, despite its own view of being 'elite' because it is 'dI'. They have made tons of mistakes. And I understand that one of their assistant coaches was just dismissed, last season.

Again Congrats Jacob. Your goals in the State championships were flat out, awesome. Again, good luck.

thanks frosty. its good to see players on different teams can get along instead of being mad at each other because of what happened on the field.

no thomas ostrander from fort dodge on any of the 3 teams, not even honorable mention??? are you kidding me?? the kid could play with broken feet and still be good enough to make one of those teams.

haha yeah and led them to their first state bid in the history of the program. that is saying enough.

Tom is a very talented player and just becuz he isn't on this list doesn't mean he loses any credit in my mind. He is outstanding player and he will play D1 in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT