ADVERTISEMENT

Class 5A Playoff Field

KidSilverhair

Varsity
Aug 31, 2008
www.thirdandamile.blogspot.com
Almost went with straight seeds, except for saving Sioux City East from a cross-state trip to Pleasant Valley. I guess that’s okay.

It sets up an immediate Linn-Mar at Prairie rematch that Linn-Mar won 28-13 just last night. That could have been easily avoided with City at Prairie and Linn-Mar at Johnston … or as someone else mentioned, Waukee NW at Johnston, City at Prairie, LM at Kennedy, which is waaay less travel and still not too far apart seed-wise.

Davenport West (16) at Dowling Catholic (1)
Waukee Northwest (9) at Cedar Rapids Kennedy (8)

Ames (15) at Southeast Polk (2)
Linn-Mar (10) at Cedar Rapids Prairie (7)

Sioux City East (13) at Ankeny (3)
Iowa City High (11) at Johnston (6)

West Des Moines Valley (14) at Pleasant Valley (4)
Ankeny Centennial (12) at Cedar Falls (5)

Regarding Linn-Mar vs Prairie, the IHSAA has shown they like to stay as true to the RPI as they can and avoid flip-flopping seeds unless really necessary for travel (like avoiding SC East vs Pleasant Valley). They have not really shown that they are willing to flip-flop seeds just to avoid rematches. Honestly that would become a very slippery slope. Looking at these matchups for example, if the goal is to avoid rematches, you'd also have to switch Centennial since they already played Cedar Falls.

Reactions: KidSilverhair
They should make SC travel across the state to play PV. If PV was in their position they would fly into SC to play them.

• Haha
Reactions: JMSBFD
can remember harlan played pleasant valley in 1985....it was very close game, pleasant valley 10 harlan 7....it seems like harlan has gotten smaller over the years, and pleasant valley bigger i believe...the 1969 class i was in at harlan , was over 200, 210 i am thinking.....not even close today, harlan has 119.......damn...have they got that much smaller?

The PV district is where most all of the QC growth and development is occurring. Within the next couple of years they will have the largest enrollment in the Iowa QCA…..and very affluent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT