ADVERTISEMENT

Final Swing at 5A Pairings

SpinningBird

All District
May 29, 2001
AwayHome
16Davenport West (7-2)1Southeast Polk (8-1)
9Iowa City High (6-3)8Linn-Mar (6-3)
13Sioux City East (7-2)4Ankeny (8-1)
12Ankeny Centennial (5-4)5Cedar Falls (7-2)
15Ames (6-3)2Dowling Catholic (8-1)
10CR Prairie (6-3)7CR Kennedy (7-2)
14WDM Valley (5-4)3Pleasant Valley (9-0)
11Waukee Northwest (5-4)6Johnston (6-3)

I could see West DM Valley and Davenport West switching places if geography trumps true seeding and/or avoiding rematches. These matchups assume all week 9 favorites (per BC Moore) win their games.

Last edited:
You'd have to flip Dowling/SEP and Johnston/CF due to head-to-head results.

Teams will likely get moved a line or two so they don't end up with a possible SC East vs Pleasant Valley (or some other ridiculous distance).

You'd have to flip Dowling/SEP and Johnston/CF due to head-to-head results.

Teams will likely get moved a line or two so they don't end up with a possible SC East vs Pleasant Valley (or some other ridiculous distance).
I made those adjustments, thanks! Also that's interesting because what if Ankeny pulls back ahead of PV in the RPI and then you have Dowling, SEP, and Ankeny 1, 2, 3? How would that get sorted out? 3 Ankeny beat 2 SEP so they flip? Or do you flip 1 Dowling and 2 SEP first because SEP won that head-to-head? Or leave it as-is?

Last edited:
Thanks, that's interesting because what if Ankeny pulls back ahead of PV in the RPI and then you have Dowling, SEP, and Ankeny 1, 2, 3? How would that get sorted out? 3 Ankeny beat 2 SEP so they flip? Or do you flip 1 Dowling and 2 SEP first because SEP won that head-to-head? Or leave it as-is?

Notes: A school can only move up one seed line based on head to head competition. If the final at-large spot is determined via a head-to-head, requiring an adjustment in the final RPI ranking, that team is locked and cannot use head-to-head criteria to gain another seed line. If three or more teams are in consecutive order in the final RPI listing and all the teams played each other, the qualifying list and seed list will NOT be changed due to multiple head-to-head scenarios. The initial final RPI will be the order used.

Reactions: SpinningBird
Interesting that BC still has LM over Prairie. I’d give Prairie a slight advantage.

Prairie would be locked in at the 5 and LM in the 14/15 range… via rough math.

Interesting that BC still has LM over Prairie. I’d give Prairie a slight advantage.

Prairie would be locked in at the 5 and LM in the 14/15 range… via rough math.
They have three common opponents and I'd say that solely based on those performances, Linn-Mar should be favored, but it has the makings of a really good game.

OpponentLinn-MarPrairie
Southeast PolkL 27-49L 0-41
Pleasant ValleyL 7-14 OTL 6-37
OttumwaW 35-7W 49-14

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT