ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State Recruiting Class

Just passing along some info from the ISU site... but WOW! Not only does it appear that ISU was a very bad choice for John Meeks, but possibly John Meeks is now hurting the Clone program by tying up scholly money that could have been used more judiciously for a more advanced prospect in Earl Hall from the OTC.

Some are saying that ISU isn't able to offer enough to lure Hall to Ames. If any of this is mildly true, this will have sealed KJ's ticket out of town. Just made Pollard's decision a little easier, if true.

Oh, how the circus continues!

Went to the site and I didn't see it. Could you possibly include a link. I am sending an email to Pollard letting him know things will be better since YOU can lead the team after KJ is gone. Since you know it all, as an alum, I cannot wait to see the new Clones. Tom Brands be afraid, be very afraid here comes MitchL and the new CLONES!!!!!!!!

Not good at doing links, but go to the thread regarding "new recruits", I believe, and scroll down a bit.

Me personally, I rag on KJ and the Clones quite a bit, but I actually love seeing ISU struggle. So in one sense... having KJ there insures continued floundering in Ames. And most Hawk fans love that, especially given Jackson's outlandish promises when he got the Clone job. On the other hand... as a college wrestling fan, seeing ISU this pathetic is overall, bad for the sport.

BTW: Sounds like Pollard has other issues. Apparently he got tossed out of the gym by a high school official at his son's basketball game for being a jerk. Imagine that!

I've already stated numerous times who ISU should appoach after KJ gets the boot. Those coaches should be considered because they have COLLEGIATE coaching backgrounds. That, in itself, was the biggest reason for KJ's problems at ISU.

As of today... the thread is on page three!
This post was edited on 2/8 8:06 AM by MitchL

I am not certain but I think my sarcasm meter went off from se's post.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Nah, 'se's" only being semi serious. The realism of his post is that nearly ANYONE with a collegiate coaching background would likely be an improvement over what they have currently.

Many ISU fans have been lamenting since KJ took over about the high number of injuries on the team every season. I'm feel pretty confident in guessing that the training regimen in place at ISU is somewhat similar to what he may have had at USA Wrestling. Here's the rub... @ USA Wrestling, he had 22-25+ year old athletes. More physically developed. At Clonedom, he's dealing with 18-21 year old kids and their bodies aren't as developed and thus the various injuries have happened.

Regardless... he's in over his head and the results on the mat prove that. If the NCAAs started today... he'd have one potential AA. And that potential AA is a newbie who has never endured a grueling 3 day NCAA tourney. A newbie that has a recent history of injury. I wouldn't think the odds are on KG's side but given what he has endured on AND off the mat... I really hope he does indeed AA! By all accounts, a great kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT