ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Soccer

Tipton knocked off West Liberty 1-0 last night. Pretty impressed with the jump forward they've made. Wins over Beckman and WL this season.

Shocked by how far Waterloo Columbus has fallen in just a couple of seasons.

Muscatine defeated North Fayette Valley in PK's. NFV has got a really good team.

What's the story with 'Northeast Iowa United' and 'Central Iowa United'? Anyone have any background?
A number of smaller schools combined?
NE Iowa is Sumner-Fred, Tripoli and Oelwein I believe and Central Iowa is Baxter, Colfax-Mingo, Collins-Maxwell, West Marshall and Colo-NESCO.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Regina again fails to close out a game it clearly controlled.

GR and Hudson in the same district really sucks but I get why.

Regina dominated that game and should have easily won. WB only had a couple of shots on goal and chased the ball all game. Coach refuses to address finishing in the final third, and it continues to cost them.
80% possession and 15+ shots doesn't win games, goals do.

Score isn't posted yet, but WB won 2-1 with 13 seconds left in the 2nd overtime period.

Regina dominated that game and should have easily won. WB only had a couple of shots on goal and chased the ball all game. Coach refuses to address finishing in the final third, and it continues to cost them.
80% possession and 15+ shots doesn't win games, goals do.

Score isn't posted yet, but WB won 2-1 with 13 seconds left in the 2nd overtime period.
Curious what you think the coach should do to address their finishing?

Thoughts on the GCGR bracket. That's a tough one with Hudson.
Not a great deal for Hudson getting jumped by West Sioux but it does make things easier for the state to make brackets. Its always tough to play the same team three times but you play who is in front of you. Hudson hasn't face GR when they have been full strength so we shall see.

Reactions: DCAHawk
Thoughts on the GCGR bracket. That's a tough one with Hudson.
They got a good draw. Probably lucky they didn't have to play NFV. Most likely wouldn't have ended up with a 1 if they had lost. Not sure what to expect out of GR. I've been told they haven't played with a full team for the majority of the year. I've only been able to catch 2 matches as the girls usually have the same schedule.

Reactions: DCAHawk
Not a great deal for Hudson getting jumped by West Sioux but it does make things easier for the state to make brackets. Its always tough to play the same team three times but you play who is in front of you. Hudson hasn't face GR when they have been full strength so we shall see.
I really think west liberty screwed a lot of things up. They should not be a 1 seed this year.

Mediapolis avenges 2 of their 3 regular season losses beating Danville (6-2) and Notre Dame (4-1) in the Southeast Iowa Super Conference tournament to claim the title in back to back years. Also, beat Hillcrest (3-0) at the the end of the regular season. Playing really well right now.

They lost to Burlington to open the season in double OT, the Danville loss was on the 13th or 14th penalty kick and the ND loss (2-1) was missing a couple key players including leading goal scorer.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT