ADVERTISEMENT

1A Playoff contest

Exactly this ^^^^^

Van Meter rolls Beckman by 4 TD. Huehney's son was too motivated will be the story after the game.
West Sioux over DNH. Speed kills.

My kids were more excited about the extra TV timeouts. Did I read somewhere that the state relaxed the requirements on the footballs that teams can use? Does it apply to the dome games? Those new footballs for those games were not popular. But the boy$ in Boone had their rea$on$ for using them I gue$$.

My kids were more excited about the extra TV timeouts. Did I read somewhere that the state relaxed the requirements on the footballs that teams can use? Does it apply to the dome games? Those new footballs for those games were not popular. But the boy$ in Boone had their rea$on$ for using them I gue$$.
You are correct cidhawkeye, teams can use any brand of football as long as it has the National Federation of High School Football stamp on it. So Rawlings, Wilson, Spalding, etc are all legal. I hope they stick with this, very few coaches/players that I've talked to liked the Spalding balls which were required for playoffs in the past.

Last edited:
The spalding balls are garbage, most schools use either a Big Game USA Team Issue ball, or a Wilson GST ball, they are essentially the same ball.

You are correct cidhawkeye, teams can use any brand of football as long as it has the National Federation of High School Football stamp on it. So Rawlings, Wilson, Spaulding, etc are all legal. I hope they stick with this, very few coaches/players that I've talked to liked the Spaulding balls which were required for playoffs in the past.
I hope they keep it this way. Not only did they not like the balls, they also weren’t properly inflated last year. Guess that’s what happens when you take them straight out of the package to the field.

NO dog in this fight, but props for supporting your kid's program.
With 8-man slated to kickoff semifinal action in the dome this morning, good luck to all teams in all classes in their game this week and congrats on making it to the dome.

I guess I'll be the only one:
Beckman 28-27 van meter
Dike/NH 35-28 w souix
Huehney- it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, it just matters that the Beckman players firmly believe they're going to win today. If Coach Atwater can get them to believe that then they have a good chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huehney
I would really like to see Van Meter play teams like Xavier, Lewis Central, Harlan, BHRV, Solon, Humboldt. Just to see how they would do. They beat Winerset and I don't think they struggled too much against them.

I would really like to see Van Meter play teams like Xavier, Lewis Central, Harlan, BHRV, Solon, Humboldt. Just to see how they would do. They beat Winerset and I don't think they struggled too much against them.
They also beat 2A semi-finalist Williamsburg 20-0. They beat Winterset 28-13, it as 14-13 going into the 4th quarter.

Wow, West Sioux struggling with turnovers otherwise DNH struggling on offense. Reminds me of the Harlan game last year in the dome.

Imo, best two teams played at 10. Still can't wrap around how a coach picks a one loss team over undefeated in seeding

Massive disparity in total yards, but DNH fought all game long. Just couldn’t get anything going on offense against a quick and athletic defense from West Sioux. That’s a tough way to bow out, but nothing to hang the head about. Congrats to the Falcons as they will see what their offense can do against Van Meter. West Sioux has some solid talent. Should be a fun game.

Western side of the state is heavily represented in the middle classes.

1A: West Sioux vs Van Meter
2A: SE Valley vs West Lyon
3A: Harlan vs BHRV

Also represented:
CAM, Anita in 8 player
West Hancock in A
Lewis Central in 4A

Reactions: MsideChief
Current Standings
12: MSideChief, GoEagles23
11: MepoDawg#, janklow
10: Hawkhopeful, PNation, rc1963
8: cypower1, AllStateSnub8, WBBearsFollower,
7: GOPANTHERS23, Huehney
6: NWIowaSioux
5: Prancing Ponies, Hooper2021, GitRDone_51
4: IGo42
3: Foxmanhawk
2: takedown27

Tie breaker is against BC Moore Line of Van Meter -14.7.

So pick the outright winner as normal. If you are tied for the lead after that then the tie breaker will be in effect. Still tied, then it’s tie.

1A: West Sioux vs Van Meter
West Sioux limits its mistake from the semis and shocks the World. West Sioux 28 - Van Mater 27

Just listening to a podcast discussing VanMeters 82 man 1 woman roster and still a 1A school. How can that be possible? Apparently a recruiting phenomenon. Should be real proud.

• Haha
Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
Just listening to a podcast discussing VanMeters 82 man 1 woman roster and still a 1A school. How can that be possible? Apparently a recruiting phenomenon. Should be real proud.
They must have one heckuva open enrollment program at the kindergarten level. Given that is the only class allowed open enrollment in VM.

If all our 7-10 graders that are out now stay out we’ll have almost 80 in two years. It’s not unheard of. I played at an A/1A HS and we had 70+.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT