(8-1)
Sumner-Fredericksburg (8-1)
South Hamilton (8-1)
MFL MarMac
(8-1)
Regina, Iowa City (8-1)

My Picks:

POD A

Pella Christian (7-2) at Grundy Center (9-0)
Dike-New Hartford (6-3) at Sigourney/Keota (8-1)

POD B

AHSTW (6-3) at Underwood (8-1)
Treynor (8-1) at OABCIG (7-2)

POD C

at Emmetsburg (7-2)
Columbus Catholic, Waterloo (7-2) at South Hamilton (8-1)

POD D

West Branch (6-3) at MFL MarMac (8-1)
Wilton (8-1) at Regina, Iowa City (8-1)

My Picks:

POD A

Pella Christian (7-2) at Grundy Center (9-0)
Dike-New Hartford (6-3) at Sigourney/Keota (8-1)

POD B

AHSTW (6-3) at Underwood (8-1)
Treynor (8-1) at OABCIG (7-2)

POD C

at Emmetsburg (7-2)
Columbus Catholic, Waterloo (7-2) at South Hamilton (8-1)

POD D

West Branch (6-3) at MFL MarMac (8-1)
Wilton (8-1) at Regina, Iowa City (8-1)

Grundy Center
DNH
Underwood
OABCIG
SF (even without starting qb)
Wat Columbus
MFL
Regina

Into the future...
Grundy Center vs DNH
Underwood vs OABCIG
SF vs Columbus
MFL vs Regina

Grundy Center
Underwood
Columbus
MFL

That would be my final 4

FYI Not only is Sumner/Fred down their starting QB (now for a few weeks) but since last week Willems, one of their 2 starting RBs and starting middle linebacker, is very limited with a dislocated shoulder. Think he is likely only going to kick for them. They also are without one of their starting lineman. Henderson, their other RB is gritty and they still have a tough D, but they have an uphill battle against a pretty strong Emmetsburg team. I wish them the best!

The way the weather is shaping up, seems like a huge advantage for teams like SK and SH. It is a great equalizer so we should see some closer games than what could have been with better weather.

The way the weather is shaping up, seems like a huge advantage for teams like SK and SH. It is a great equalizer so we should see some closer games than what could have been with better weather.
Appears the wind may calm down. Still cold but cold without win gives passing teams more of an opportunity to show their diversity.

Appears the wind may calm down. Still cold but cold without win gives passing teams more of an opportunity to show their diversity.
I do not know what it is supposed to be everywhere but it appears to be around 15-20 mph for the games. Not overwhelming, but for those precise passing games, it can take a while to get used to since it could be over or underthrown.

Reactions: Juice Boy
Dike Vs Grundy for a trip to the dome. Dike really poured it on, going to be one heck of a game.

SF pulled off a low scoring game against E-burg for a spot to play against Columbus.

Last edited:
Dike Vs Grundy for a trip to the dome. Dike really poured it on, going to be one heck of a game.

SF pulled off a low scoring game against E-burg for a spot to play against Columbus.
Columbus will win by 3 TD.
Grundy will win.

Rematch in the Dome.

Looking at the pods, C is the weakest. 2of the 3 weakest #1 teams. There is a chance district 3 has 1 team left after this next week's games. Could be 2 but likely just 1. Guess it may not be any better than any other district after all.
This comment aged well....

Reactions: codyashi
PICK EM (after Round 1):

16 - Prancing Ponies, Hooper2021, TD27, MSideChief, SEIowaHawk, codyashi
15 - BlameIt, GoPanthers23, ISUFan00, RC1963, denverhawkfan, GoEagles23, Hawkhopeful
14 - EIHCGuy, PNation
UPDATE after Round of 16

22 - BlameIt (only missed WB, shocker), Hooper2021, GoEagles23, MSideChief, TD27, codyashi
21 - EIHCGuy, PrancingPonies, ISUFan00, SEIowaHawk, GoPanthers23, RC1963
20 - HawkHopeful
8 - IARoy (Perfect Rd of 16!!)
7 - KeoHawkI
5 - IGo42, HootOwlHollow, Zowwy21

Last edited:
Reactions: IAROY
QUARTERFINALS PICK EM

Grundy Center vs Dike-NH
Underwood vs OABCIG
Waterloo Columbus vs Sumner-Fredricksburg
Regina vs MFL MarMac

EIHC GUY Picks

Grundy
Underwood
Columbus
Regina

DOME

Grundy vs Columbus
Regina vs Underwood

UPDATE after Round of 16

22 - BlameIt (only missed WB, shocker), Hooper2021, GoEagles23, MSideChief, TD27
21 - EIHCGuy, PrancingPonies, ISUFan00, SEIowaHawk, GoPanthers23, RC1963
20 - HawkHopeful
8 - IARoy (Perfect Rd of 16!!)
7 - KeoHawkI
6 - codyashi
5 - IGo42, HootOwlHollow, Zowwy21
Maybe a miscalculation or something of the sort. 16 + 6 is not 6 🤷🏼‍♂️

Grundy Center vs Dike-NH
Underwood vs OABCIG
Regina vs MFL MarMac

Grundy (best game of the night?)
Underwood (2-3 TF fave)
Columbus (watch out for them in Dome)
Regina (weather looks good even if the field is an absolute cow pasture)

Last edited:
Blameit - I think you're right on the GC DNH game. whoever scores last in that one wins. Wouldn't surprise me if the Regina MFl game goes into OT tho .

Going to be some great games! I know it is low probability, but could see Dike, MFL and Sumner all in the dome. Has that ever happened to anyone's knowledge? Three teams from the same district in the semi-finals? Dike seems much improved over the loss to Grundy in week 1, 7 - 6. MFL is slight favorite (in BCMoore due to home field). And Sumner just keeps finding ways to win. Could happen. I still like Underwood's chances in the Dome though as not sure any of the other teams have faced such a pass heavy offense.

Grundy (best game of the night?)
Underwood (2-3 TF fave)
Columbus (watch out for them in Dome)
Regina (weather looks good even if the field is an absolute cow pasture)
C'mon BlameIt, sour grapes attitude. It rained in Monona all last week, and both teams played on the same field. Some of those divots and dents in the field likely came from the West Branch backs and receivers getting driven into the turf by that swarming MFL defense and the West Branch linemen being pancaked by the Bulldog OL....

Last edited:
I’m a WB guy, and picked them to win. But I have said all year long I feel like MFL is the team to beat in 1A. I was impressed with MFLs line play on offense and defense against the Bears. I was slightly surprised MFL couldn’t pour it on more and make it a 35-0 game, but they really didn’t need to. WB couldn’t get anything going on Offense. I think MFL is going to pound Regina similar to what it did to WB. Control the clock. Regina will have to score quick I think through the Air to keep up. Can they, Yes! But I don’t see them stopping the Run game of MFL and I see MFLs front 7 giving Regina’s Oline fits. I was not surprised by the outcome of the 2nd Regina Vs Wilton game.

Reactions: Zowwy21
C'mon BlameIt, sour grapes attitude. It rained in Monona all last week, and both teams played on the same field. Some of those divots and dents in the field likely came from the West Branch backs and receivers getting driven into the turf by that swarming MFL defense and the West Branch linemen being pancaked by the Bulldog OL....
IF you read my post immediately following the game you will see that I 100% said MFL was the best team AND that field conditions wouldn't have mattered on the scoreboard.

However, you go and walk that field and it is spotty, poorly taken care of. That was BEFORE the game. I don't think the field fully recovered from the Sumner-Frederick game. Their field looked like Jack Dundee, Dr Death, and Reno Hightower had just replayed a game.

Not sour grapes at all. Just being honest.

Reactions: IGo42
I still like Underwood's chances in the Dome though as not sure any of the other teams have faced such a pass heavy offense.
You may want to check the stats again. I can name two of the remaining teams (that WB played) who threw the ball more: Columbus and Regina.

You may want to check the stats again. I can name two of the remaining teams (that WB played) who threw the ball more: Columbus and Regina.
I do indeed stand corrected. I apologize. I was even wrong with Underwood as they look pretty balanced.

Grundy Center vs Dike-NH
Underwood vs OABCIG
Regina vs MFL MarMac

Qtrs picks

Grundy (Dnh missed extra point to tie it in week 1)
Underwood
Columbus (will be tough in a dome)
MFL

Grundy Center vs Dike-NH
Underwood vs OABCIG
Regina vs MFL MarMac

My Picks

Grundy Center vs Dike-NH
Underwood vs OABCIG
Regina vs MFL MarMac

I'm tempted to take DNH, seems like their defense is pretty tough, but Grundy is just so well balanced, I can't make myself predict against them.

Also, as a sidebar - Now that we're at the "Elite 8" I was thinking about who did the best job of predicting this field at the beginning of the season.

Radio Iowa did the best - picking 6 of the 8 in their pre-season top 8
Gazette and Register each had 5
IAFootball and KMA each predicted 4.

Reactions: IAROY
My Picks

Grundy Center vs Dike-NH
Underwood vs OABCIG
Regina vs MFL MarMac

I'm tempted to take DNH, seems like their defense is pretty tough, but Grundy is just so well balanced, I can't make myself predict against them.

Also, as a sidebar - Now that we're at the "Elite 8" I was thinking about who did the best job of predicting this field at the beginning of the season.

Radio Iowa did the best - picking 6 of the 8 in their pre-season top 8
Gazette and Register each had 5
IAFootball and KMA each predicted 4.
BCMoore rankings in Week 5 ...
1​
Underwood
2​
Regina
3​
Denver
4​
Grundy Center
5​
Treynor
6​
MFL
7​
AHSTW
8​
DNH
9​
Sumner Fred
10​
Wilton
11​
West Branch
12​
Pella Christian
13​
Waterloo Columbus
14​
Sigourney-Keota
15​
OABCIG

Pine have a new best friend? 😜

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT