ADVERTISEMENT

Who's your 2A title favorites?

RJV2324

Freshman
Nov 27, 2019
Boyden Hull looked really tough last Friday night. North Linn will be back at state this year. Will probably go undefeated with an easy schedule. Dyersville looks great. Not sure if there competition is tough or not. West Sioux will be very good by the end of the year. What's your thoughts??

Dyersville Beckman has their best team in seveal years. They do play a lot of 3A teams, so they play good competition. In fact, they play almost an entire 3A schedule in the Wamac and 4A Western Dubuque from the 4A MVC. They do play 2A Cascade which won the title a few years ago. So yes, they will be battle-tested, and their 6-6 top player is averaging almost 30 a game.

Last edited:
Monticello, Camanche and Regina will be knocking each other out of the playoffs on the way to Wells Fargo.

Monticello, Camanche and Regina will be knocking each other out of the playoffs on the way to Wells Fargo.
Which is unfortunate. BUT boyden hull, west sioux, sioux center, rock valley, western christian, and spirit lake will all have to battle to goto state

Which is unfortunate. BUT boyden hull, west sioux, sioux center, rock valley, western christian, and spirit lake will all have to battle to goto state

True, but the Prephoops rankings has Camanche #1, Monitcello #2 and Regina #7.

Of your list, only West Sioux and Boyden Hull are ranked, and at #4 and #6 respectively. But, I agree. Happens every year to some team/conference.

I would think Pella Christian will be battle tested come tournament time, another team to keep an eye on is Albia but i'm not sure they have enough to get by PC.

2A really looks loaded. 1A looks down this year.
I agree with 2A... I wouldn’t necessarily say that 1A is down, I would say it’s returning to normalcy. 1A the past 3-4 years has been insane with teams like Grandview Christan and North Linn. That’s not how 1A is usually. Honestly I’m happy to see it return to where 5-10 teams can win it all. Having 1-2 dominate teams can kill the suspense of it all

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Does anyone know why North Linn stays in the Tri-Rivers? They are the largest school and the only 2A boys team. The closest game they have had so far this year is 57 points. They just keep running through these teams. I would love to see them compete in the RVC. They are good enough and will be good for years. Any other thoughts?

Does anyone know why North Linn stays in the Tri-Rivers? They are the largest school and the only 2A boys team. The closest game they have had so far this year is 57 points. They just keep running through these teams. I would love to see them compete in the RVC. They are good enough and will be good for years. Any other thoughts?

They are more interested in setting records than playing competitive games.

Reactions: Hawk2015
They are more interested in setting records than playing competitive games.
They are 2 kids away from being 1A this year. That makes them one of the smallest schools in 2A. Will go back to 1A next and the following year because of upcoming small class sizes.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
They are 2 kids away from being 1A this year. That makes them one of the smallest schools in 2A. Will go back to 1A next and the following year because of upcoming small class sizes.

With their results over the past few seasons, some on here might suggest they should choose to play up a class. Not me...but some.

Reactions: DCAHawk
Albia with quite a bit of talent but if they are going to have a year it’ll be next year, they have nothing to combat PC’s big man. Top 5 team next year in my eyes for sure only losing one senior.

2A is loaded.. will be interesting as to who gets out of the east side for sure, hopefully the state does a better job of splitting Camanche, Regina, Monticello and Beckman up in a reasonable fashion to get the top teams down there.
From what I’m hearing, the state is going to try to spilt the talent up better then they have in the past. What the entails is anyone’s guess. I thought last season they did a pretty decent job

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT