Who will have the better 2019 season?

• West Branch

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Regina

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great matchups this week:

Iowa12 vs. cidhawkeye - can Iowa12’s offensive firepower overwhelm the defensive prowess of cidhawkeye.

Pinehawk vs. WBBearfollower - great offensive shootout here. Both of these two have a great repertoire of snappy comebacks.

Keep up the hard work fellas. Very entertaining! You’re crushing the views for this thread!

Reactions: Bluejay89
Great matchups this week:

Iowa12 vs. cidhawkeye - can Iowa12’s offensive firepower overwhelm the defensive prowess of cidhawkeye.

Pinehawk vs. WBBearfollower - great offensive shootout here. Both of these two have a great repertoire of snappy comebacks.

Keep up the hard work fellas. Very entertaining! You’re crushing the views for this thread!

Championships are won with defense. Will have to tune up the offense if it’s seen as lacking.

By request I will bump this back up. Patiently waiting on a couple of things. Would think an opportunity to make me stop would be pretty enticing. Especially when it was made to sound like a pretty easy task.

As stated, WB had all of their film uploaded by 1130pm on Friday. The NL coach jumped the gun with claims, and then was proven to be in the wrong.

He has yet to apologize. Hopefully the Bears take care of it tonight on the field.

That, sir, truly is the end of the story.

Reactions: ISUfan00
By request I will bump this back up. Patiently waiting on a couple of things. Would think an opportunity to make me stop would be pretty enticing. Especially when it was made to sound like a pretty easy task.
The only thing you bumped up was your jerk status. I answered your original “clarification.” Stop harassing.

The Bears will take care of business tonight. I don’t doubt that. As far as the other questions go I am just supposed to take your word on it. You seem tech savvy a quick screen shot of week 9 posted Friday night is all it takes. Do they normally post 2 games the night of the game? ‘Because I said so, case closed’ doesn’t really settle it for me. Easy fix.

Lmao CID you could get a hell of a good look at a T-bone steak by sticking your head up a bulls ass or you could take the butchers word for it. Man some of you internet trolls just want to keep trolling.....good luck tonight to all teams playing.

Lmao CID you could get a hell of a good look at a T-bone steak by sticking your head up a bulls ass or you could take the butchers word for it. Man some of you internet trolls just want to keep trolling.....good luck tonight to all teams playing.

It is a pretty simple request
‘Cuz I said so, that’s why’ doesn’t go real far with me. If I had an easy chance to silence someone with a quick screenshot I sure wouldn’t double down and play the word games.

Was week 9 uploaded on Friday night? Some don’t think so. Easy to physically prove.

source.gif

You keep saying “we” like you are a coach, just give him what he wants and prove “you” did it right. Simple

This is a message board on a free forum

Nobody owes anything to anyone.
We (aka WB, since I live there and went to school there I can call it WE whenever I want) follow the Hudl rules and did last week.

As a matter of fact, my friend who uploads the film just said it's in the pool as of 1106pm.

This is a message board on a free forum

Nobody owes anything to anyone.
We (aka WB, since I live there and went to school there I can call it WE whenever I want) follow the Hudl rules and did last week.

As a matter of fact, my friend who uploads the film just said it's in the pool as of 1106pm.

The rule is you have to upload a game to get in the pool. They did upload a film on Friday, was it a film that had been loaded the previous week? Appears it may be a repeat of week 8.

Simple request, show when week 9 was uploaded. Or continue to play the ‘a’ film was uploaded word game. Loading 2 games this week again?

The rule is you have to upload a game to get in the pool. They did upload a film on Friday, was it a film that had been loaded the previous week? Appears it may be a repeat of week 8.

Simple request, show when week 9 was uploaded. Or continue to play the ‘a’ film was uploaded word game. Loading 2 games this week again?

Let’s move on from this topic. We’ve got better things to discuss. Like the first round game results and the upcoming games next Friday.

CID move on, dude.
Nothing illegal or immoral happened. Not even 0.0000000001%.

See you Friday. Where do you want to meet up to say hello? You keep avoiding that question and have for a few years.

CID move on, dude.
Nothing illegal or immoral happened. Not even 0.0000000001%.

See you Friday. Where do you want to meet up to say hello? You keep avoiding that question and have for a few years.

I fairly regularly frequent Herbs and Down Under, normal course of business is pizza at Herbs pre game. Hit both afterwords. I have mentioned before that we probably have either met or have common acquaintances.

And FYI to you and pine, I don’t forget and nothing was proven, no matter how easy it would have been to do. Word games were the play of the game. Why wouldn’t they take the easy step of shutting me up? I never said anything illegal or immoral occurred. It was against the spirit of guidelines and it is usually why further rules get put in place going forward. IE, ‘why did they add this rule? Seems silly’ - ‘because somebody did it’ - see Bielama in college or Bellicheck in the NFL.

As far as the game goes WB has to be a significant favorite in this one. Good balance and a dominant D. How did the field hold up in the rain last night? Always a great place to watch a game.

I have no dog in the fight.....Just glad West Branch and Regina get to settle it on the field. That would be a fun game to see. I read about the little Rose Bowl. Any pictures West Branch fans?

.....Just glad West Branch and Regina get to settle it on the field. That would be a fun game to see.

I hope the parents/fans can let it be that. I hate hearing about this or that thing that happened 15 years ago, or whatever, that seems to follow this rivalry. In the end, there are two teams of young men who have worked very hard and will lay it all on the line for a spot in the dome. I'd like to think the fans of both programs can realize how great it is that we have this game and congratulate the other when it's over and represent eastern Iowa well.

I'd like to think the fans of both programs can realize how great it is that we have this game and congratulate the other when it's over and represent eastern Iowa well.

Yeah, that's not going to happen unfortunately. There are two people here that just can't let it go. The sad thing is that I'm sure they're both, at minimum, double the age where you'd expect maturity to be in full-force. They keep poking each other and they must respond... they can't help themselves, especially since they keep making claims about the other's school. Here's an idea: Ignore it and move on in life to care about the things that actually matter. You're not going to change each other's minds.

This rivalry...and this thread is drawing more attention that any other topic. Take a look at the thread views. The number of pages...
This board would be much quieter without the rivalry, whether you like that or not.

Reactions: gdkid2010
This board would be much quieter without the rivalry, whether you like that or not.

I'll take quality over quantity. And there is some great quality content here, especially with the talk surrounding RPI, playoff format, and general playoff discussion.

Last edited:
This rivalry...and this thread is drawing more attention that any other topic. Take a look at the thread views. The number of pages...
I like the rivalry, just wish the tone could grow to more of a "you beat us this time, we'll go after you next time" and less, "all those guys are dirty rotten scoundrels," "no, you are," "no, you are...."

I've said it before, as have others, we're talking about a game, young men play, members of both teams work hard, are proud of their programs and their efforts should be valued. Sure, some kid may do something wrong, in a game, off the field, wherever. They are kids and we hope their coaches, their administrators, their parents deal with that appropriately. It doesn't mean a program is dirty. Likewise with the fans. I've noted this year, that the home fans in the places we've visited have been welcoming and sportsmanlike. I only hope parents, some of whom have their own histories on the field for these two teams, keep that focus.

It's a game, let the kids play.

Reactions: GitRDone_51
I agree. But, you'd have to admit it's tough supporting a side that is in the minority and faces constant, ongoing attacks.
I understand that comes with being on top for as long as Regina has been. But, the continual diminishment of the hard work and accomplishments of the players and staff can be tough to take. Especially, when hypocritically many of the loudest voices have more egregious issues on their teams that they try to spin away.
If you recall, it went so far that a parent from another school was arrested for harassing Regina coaches and making up lies a few years ago. So, it can be hard not to be defensive when the unfounded and incorrect accusations are flying.

I agree. But, you'd have to admit it's tough supporting a side that is in the minority and faces constant, ongoing attacks.

Nope, I see it as my responsibility not to "go there." You can't end the cycle if you keep perpetuating it. (and I'm not poking at you here, I'm speaking generally.)

If you want the discussion to be on the high ground, you have to take the high ground. I've seen misrepresentations from both sides of this rivalry and I've seen the good people - the good kids, and the good parents who just want to perform well and be proud of their school.

I'm serious when I say, I want nothing more than a hard fought, sportsmanlike contest in an atmosphere that's positive for the kids and fans alike. (although I'd really like to ask WB is they can do something about the temps Friday, another 15 degrees higher would really add to the experience ;-) )

Reactions: GitRDone_51
If you take the high ground and let only one side control the narrative, it becomes truth to many people.

I am guessing that I am ‘one of the ones’. A couple of notes. I have never disparaged a kid on this board, some have for the silly reason they chose to train at another school. I disparage the adults who spew half truths, take shots diminishing the efforts of the kids and flat out lie while their house isn’t in order. ‘Ignoring the bully’ will make them go away, while allowing the bully pulpit to persist. The board will also wither away to little or no activity. Perhaps if it had been your child who lifted 6 days a week, worked/school and then did drills/practice and been labeled a cheater, recruits, unfair advantage, evil for the sport and the state you would have a vested interest. On a recruiting trip the college coach goes ‘we lift at 6 AM’ my son chuckled and said to me ‘I get to sleep in’ a couple other Dads thought he was kidding until we had drinks later and I explained the schedule. The isn’t to say nobody else works hard, don’t diminish the kids that do. Especially when you are doing things that push the spirit of the rules far further.
The majority of the other stuff is to keep activity on the board, have some fun, see if others can defend their opinion or are just pissed they got beat. None of this was an issue when Regina was bad. Just came out of the woodwork when the longtime royalty got pushed a little further. So you want me to be above the fray? I can do that. Unlike some when the team I support loses I tip my cap and move on. And lastly I think the ‘misrepresentation’ tag probably shouldn’t be attached to me. If people can prove me wrong on things, and I have given them plenty of reason to want to, then prove me wrong and I will admit my mistake. Not certain that has been done. Ask the WB people if I have been factually wrong. If I have they haven’t pointed it out. I am hoping for a good game, good pizza, cold beer and maybe running into WB.

Reactions: Pinehawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT