ADVERTISEMENT

SICL

Saywhat2

Freshman
Jan 18, 2015
Congrats to Belle Plaine for winning the SICL title with a 19-1 conference mark and 20-1 overall. I was told that is their 1st conference championship in 38 years. That's a long time coming. Montezuma finished a close second at 18-2 with Lynville Sully and Sigourney tying for third at 15-5. The conference changes next year with the addition of Colfax Mingo and will split into a East and West division..that will allow teams to schedule more out of league games which should be beneficial.

Hats off to the Plainsmen, they have a couple players who can really light up the scoreboard, highlighted by DeMeuelnaere and Jacobi. I think they have the talent to run with anyone, however, they do tend to get a little crazy at times and force the issue. Coach Northrop is comfortable letting the team fire at all and I hope this doesn't sneak up to bite them as the season gets deeper and deeper. Another concern with Jacobi is free throws. If Jacobi can get to the stripe and convert, Belle Plaine will be a very tough out.

Looks like squiers leads the team in scoring and rebounding so that gives them three according to quickstats. and Ehlen also in double figures average. Seems to be more than a two person team.

This post was edited on 2/17 3:18 PM by Saywhat2

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT