ADVERTISEMENT

RPI

djoe13

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2019
Does anyone know if/when the state is going to release RPI numbers? Since it wasn't used last year, I forget which week it's typically released.

Does anyone know if/when the state is going to release RPI numbers? Since it wasn't used last year, I forget which week it's typically released.
Thought the RPI was a (permanent) thing of the past.

RPI will be used to determine the 15th and 16th at-large qualifiers (last two spots) in 3A and 4A. All 5A qualifiers will be determined by RPI. RPI will have no impact on 8-man, A, 1A or 2A.

Reactions: rc1963
RPI will be used to determine the 15th and 16th at-large qualifiers (last two spots) in 3A and 4A. All 5A qualifiers will be determined by RPI. RPI will have no impact on 8-man, A, 1A or 2A.

Last 4 spots in 3A and 4A. 12 autos (top 2 in each district) plus 4 at-large (RPI).

Some schools smaller than 3A will play a role in RPI, even though their playoff qualification isn't determined by it.

Last 4 spots in 3A and 4A. 12 autos (top 2 in each district) plus 4 at-large (RPI).

Some schools smaller than 3A will play a role in RPI, even though their playoff qualification isn't determined by it.
This is what the state site says, it must be wrong.

The Iowa High School Athletic Association will use RPI to determine the 15th and 16th at-large qualifiers in Class 4A & 3A.

So how are the 12 automatic qualifiers seeded in the play off pods if RPI isn't used? In the past seeds were almost irrelevant because they used geography way more than seeding to form pods.

I would think for 3A and 4A the district champs along with the two highest remaining RPI teams would get to host first round

If it was non-district it doesn't count towards anything, if it was a district game then I believe it is a 17 point difference, and the team that forfeited is not eligible for the playoffs.

If it was non-district it doesn't count towards anything, if it was a district game then I believe it is a 17 point difference, and the team that forfeited is not eligible for the playoffs.
Thanks. It’s district if it happens as L&M didn’t play last week and aren’t playing this week. Don’t know yet about next week. Just wondering in case games don’t go as you think they would (tie breaker).

Thanks. It’s district if it happens as L&M didn’t play last week and aren’t playing this week. Don’t know yet about next week. Just wondering in case games don’t go as you think they would (tie breaker).
Does it matter for 1A

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT