ADVERTISEMENT

Raccoon River Conference

Next year :) We coming for you next year LHC. Newton was a nice surprise - they are talented, hopefully their coach sticks around. DC-G not the most talented group but played as a team the entire way. then yeah those Pella schools.

Next year :) We coming for you next year LHC. Newton was a nice surprise - they are talented, hopefully their coach sticks around. DC-G not the most talented group but played as a team the entire way. then yeah those Pella schools.
We'll see about the Newton coach. They'll definitely be down quite a bit. If the rumors (which I don't care to detail) are true, they'll be down a long ways.

The LHC will be down quite a bit. Pella, PC, and Newton will fall back. Even though they finished 7th this year, Grinnell was a tough team. They'll be weaker with the loss of their two primary scorers. Norwalk and Oskaloosa are the teams to beat next year.

so is it only DCG fans that are always bringing up this LHC/RRC thing or whats the deal with it?
I mean if it's simply to be a weiner measuring contest, then I guess I get the junior high mentality. But is there some legit reason that LHC people are always going after the RRC? There are more than just two conferences for 3A teams right? So you could just as easily ask where the teams from North Central Conference are at.
I guess to me its pretty simple when you look at school size.
LHC
Indianola 842, Newton 641, Norwalk 610, DCG 570, Osky 542, Pella 501, Grinnell 405, and PC 200 if you really want to count a parochial school as small.
RRC
Boone 551, Carlisle 468, Perry 424, Ballard 409, Winterset 403, Bondurant 378, ADM 368, Carroll 366,
You could remove two schools from the LHC and still have more kids to choose from than the RRC.

so is it only DCG fans that are always bringing up this LHC/RRC thing or whats the deal with it?
I mean if it's simply to be a weiner measuring contest, then I guess I get the junior high mentality. But is there some legit reason that LHC people are always going after the RRC? There are more than just two conferences for 3A teams right? So you could just as easily ask where the teams from North Central Conference are at.
I guess to me its pretty simple when you look at school size.
LHC
Indianola 842, Newton 641, Norwalk 610, DCG 570, Osky 542, Pella 501, Grinnell 405, and PC 200 if you really want to count a parochial school as small.
RRC
Boone 551, Carlisle 468, Perry 424, Ballard 409, Winterset 403, Bondurant 378, ADM 368, Carroll 366,
You could remove two schools from the LHC and still have more kids to choose from than the RRC.

Sorry Iowa 5 but your logic about size is really skewed.

Look at your LHC school size numbers. The teams that finished 1st and 2nd have a COMBINED enrollment that is 141 students LESS than the team which finished LAST. That last placed team (which was larger than any school in either conference) only managed 3 wins YET 2 OF THOSE 3 WINS WERE AGAINST 4A SCHOOLS.

Maybe size does matter in a "wiener measuring contest" but this high school basketball..and the outcomes of these contests isn't decided with a tape measure.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Actually your both right. Look it really depends who comes and goes. Kids move in and out of school district and who you get back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT