ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinal Round Score Updates

Pinehawk

All State
Sep 16, 2003
Games are just hours away. Give your score updates and game thoughts here!

POD A St. Albert, Council Bluffs at Logan-Magnolia

POD B Grundy Center at West Hancock, Britt

POD C Wapsie Valley, Fairbank at Regina, Iowa City

POD D MFL MarMac at Saint Ansgar

To watch the St. Ansgar-MFL game

To watch the West hancock-Grundy Center game

To watch the Regina-Wapsie Valley game

According to St. Albert's twitter there will not be video of that game.
can listen to it at KMA 960 AM and KNOD2 105.3 FM and http://knodfm.com

MFL scored a 75 yard td run. Missed the 2 point conversion. MFL 6 St. Ansgar 0. 7:05 left in 1st qtr

Mfl with about a 40 yard touchdown pass 2 point conversion good. 14-0 1:55 left in 1st qtr.

Mfl inside the 5 a hold pushed them back to the 13. Missed a field goal. Still 14-0 8:50 left in 2nd quarter.

Mfl has shut down the run very well thus far. St. Ansgar with a 3 and out.

Mfl threw an interception. St. Ansgar scored on a 25 yard pass. PAT good. 14-7 2:28 left in half.

MFL 3 and out, punt to the 50, St. Ansgar with a touchdown on a sustained drive. PAT good. 21-14 st. Ansgar, 5:02 left in 3rd.

MFL just fumbled on the kick return. St. Ansgar scored the first play of the drive PAT good. Score 28-14 4:46 left in 3rd.

MFL 3 and out punting from endzone to 31. St. Ansgar with a 23 yard touchdown pass on the 2nd play of the drive. PAT good. 35-14 2:07 left in 3rd.

St. Ansgar has scored 35 unanswered points. 28 in the 3rd quarter.

Score is 35-14 at the start of the 4th. MFL has 4th and 5.

WV answers right away. Long kickoff return. Then a TD pass. Goes for 2. No good.
27-26 WV.
7:10 to go.

MFL turned the ball over on downs to start the 4th qtr. St. Ansgar scored. Lead 42-14 8:46 left in 4th.

I don't know what was said at halftime but st ansgar has moved the ball with ease and the defense has shut down MFLs offense but as I type this mfl hit 2 big passes. They have the ball at the 17 now. They turn the ball over on downs at the 12.

Regals answer. Go for 2. No good.
this is a fantastic game. 32-27 Regals.
3:29 to go.

St. Ansgar wins 49-14. That second half was unbelievable. MFL was in total control of the game the first half, but were completely shut down in the 2nd half. St. Ansgar also figured out how to move the ball and scored every time they had the ball. The kickoff turnovers certainly didn't help things either.

Regina runs out the clock.
Regina wins 32-27. Terrific football game between two great teams.

Easy sailing for Regina now. I’ll be the first to congratulate you on your state title. That will be the closest game Regina plays this year.

If you are giving me the field I will take that action. Wapsie had several quality players but not dome level. Regina has some gaps to figure out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT