ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinal Coverage Nov. 2

Can't go against Lewis Central or Xavier. The other two could produce an upset, depending on who you think is the favorite.

CR Xavier 42, Decorah 6.
SB- Luten 27, Spencer 0
Western Dubuque 45, North Scott 21 at North Scott.
Lewis Central 35, Harlan 14, all finals

Just like in 4A, all games were blowouts. Looks like two rematches in the semis, or isn't it E-W?.

Last edited:
Lewis Central 35 Harlan 14 -final
the stat that makes u just see how good lewis central is, they have punted just 15 times this year. that is amazing stat

Watched the LC game online. Xavier all around better team. If they can limit Duggan/big plays, which they are capable of, they win. LC Defense not very good IMO. Harlan started picking apart their secondary in the second half, had too many drops or they would have made it a game. Harlan also gave up some big plays that didn't help. Xavier will be the most complete offense that LC will have faced. LC couldn't really stop Harlan pass even though they knew Harlan can not run the ball.

Western Dubuque was playing without their leading rusher who is out for the season with a torn ACL. Don't know if they can keep winning (will be the underdog) but they have a truckload of varsity players returning next year- 36 returnees. Wow. Great year for the Bobcats who did win the championship in 2001, I believe. Incidently, Xavier and Western Dub. are from the same district. I think the two best teams are meeting in the semis- CRX and LC; I'm taking Xavier because of their overall balance and defense. Yes, Duggan is super, but Xavier's QB is also a D1- level player who may end up at Iowa. That could actually be the championship game.

Last edited:
Final Scores
Epworth, Western Dubuque 45, North Scott, Eldridge 21
Lewis Central 35, Harlan 14
Sergeant Bluff-Luton 27, Spencer 0
Xavier, Cedar Rapids 42, Decorah 6

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT