ADVERTISEMENT

Post Game Scores

how good is norwalk this year the johnston norwalk game got postponed and im excited to play that game

Norwalk 1
Nevada 0

Sloppy game with a lot of unnecessary yellow cards. Kyle Cummings scored on a beautiful volley in the first half. Norwalk had several good chances and Nevada had a few too. It sucks watching a team with so much talent get robbed by their own school. Norwalk doesn't even have a regulation soccer field for the Warriors to play on. Home games are usually closer then they should be. Yuck!

At home, they play on a football field. The eighteen yard box is probably 5 feet from the touchline on either side. All of the players on the field are cramped together so its impossible to work the ball inside or outside for that matter. Games are usually closer at Norwalk then they should be.

When they head out to Pella for LHC Conference or Substate games, they play significantly better being that Pella has very nice regulation fields. It allows Norwalk to spread the ball out as well as the defense and attack from different areas on the field.

I was referring to the Norwalk school robbing the soccer team because they have to play on the football field. Hell, games get "postponed/canceled" because they are too afraid of tearing up the grass for the next football season. Not gonna lie, what difference does it make when your football team whens one game a year anyways? Who cares if the much better soccer team with a nice resume gets a soccer field over the football players?

Ya it's a different game on a smaller field. If I was the Athletic Director at Norwalk I'm not sure I'd give priority to the football team either.

**High School Soccer, Boys**

Mount Pleasant: 1

Keokuk: 5

Logan Granera: Hat trick

Chiefs: (7-1)

why does hudson already assume that there in the fianl agaisnt columbus? Columbus might not even make it they have some tough games and i wouldnt go saying your in the final decorah and gr are good teams...

Whoever is talking up Hudson, I'd be worried about one game at a time instead of the "finals" because didn't GR beat you 3-0 or something a couple weeks back?

Good matchup tonight, Des Moines Christian at Bondurant-Farrar. I think both teams are undefeated. DMC's losses came to Newton, Perry, and Ankeny. All were 1 loss goals. And Bondurant is 4-0 so far. I hope to make it to the game if it gets played.

B-F won 2-1. DMC's one came on a penalty kick that I really don't know the reason for. From a neutral point of view, B-F outplayed DMC with and without the wind. They played controlled soccer and beat DMC to more balls. One player from DMC hurt their team by cheapshotting all night and finally got carded for it. I hope these two teams meet up in conference tournament, could be a great game!

Originally posted by tigermasta71:
B-F won 2-1. DMC's one came on a penalty kick that I really don't know the reason for. From a neutral point of view, B-F outplayed DMC with and without the wind. They played controlled soccer and beat DMC to more balls. One player from DMC hurt their team by cheapshotting all night and finally got carded for it. I hope these two teams meet up in conference tournament, could be a great game!
This game could have easily been 4-1 had Cook finished two other chances he normally puts away.

Waverly Tourney

Spencer 5
Clear Lake-0

Glenwood- 0
Decorah- 2

Glenwood- 2
Spencer- 0 (Wasn't the greatest of reffed games btw)

Decorah-0
Spencer-0 Went into PK Shootout and Decorah won.

wow i didnt know decorah is that good i thought they lost a lot of players last year how did waverly do in this tourney?

Decorah is horrible, they just got ahead of Glenwood, and Glenwood had to fight back and got beat on a counter. Decorah's final game against spencer was dominated by spencer. Decorah had like 4 shots on goal. Spencer just couldn't find the back of the net. The better team didnt win that game either.

I would disagree. Decorah played a good game against Glenwood. Because of where I am from I will say Glenwood did not play a very good game. Glenwood only took 5 total shots - for some reason Glenwood thought they were going to walk the ball into the goal. Decorah's 2 scores came in the 2nd 1/2 and they were both very nice goals by Decorah. Decorah had a good day on the soccer field.

when you go one goal up in a tournament where you play 30 min halves, your chances of winning are far greater than a regulation game. That was the case with Decorah and Glenwood. You guys went 1-0 and Glenwood pushed all their players forward to get one back, and they got beat on the counter. they took a gamble, but didnt come out with the right result. Decorah is not a better team than Glenwood or Spencer.

TALK IS EASY. WHO WON THE GAME IS THE BOTTOM LINE. GUESS WE'LL SEE WHO THE MATCHUPS ARE THE END OF MAY!!! THAT'S WHY THE PLAY THE GAME

Tournaments usually have goofy rules as far as the amount of time to play. Perhaps it would have been different with more time? Who knows. It will be interesting to see the rankings after this past weeks games.

Would like to hear more about Decorah and Spencer if possible. I havent falled them in the past few years.

Decorah is a fine side who can play with the best. Their greatest weakness is their inconsistency. They are very young with only 2 seniors, only one of which starts. Very inconsistent and need to work on their finishes, however they appeared to be the better team in all 3 of their games this weekend. I expect them to go deep into the substate tournament, and possibly garner a state berth.

Gladbrook-Reinbeck 1
Bondurant 0

Overtime. Bondurant outplayed G-R but came up short. I hope they bounce back quick because if they can start finishing, they can make a run at state. Finishing is their weakness, they had several opportunities but couldn't notch one. Bondurant controlled the game and G-R had a break at the end and just got it over the keeper and the keeper might have gotten a hand on it. All and all, G-R put one more in the back of the net and at the end of the night, thats all that counts.

IT'S HOW YOU WIN THE GAME IS THE BOTTOM LINE! YOU CAN CONTROL THE PLAY FOR EIGHTY MINUTES AND STILL LOSE!! A WIN MEANS NOTHING IF YOU DONT CONTROL THE GAME! ALL A WIN DOES IS GET YOU A B.S. RANKING!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT