ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question, who would you rather corch your basketball team? Sweaty Bruce Purl or Nathanael šŸs?

Pops Masterson

All District
Jan 8, 2004
Admittedly, I like brAUce as a corch, but more like a mid-tier team guy that gets to the tournament each year and occasionally gets past the first round.

Nathanael šŸs is proving himself to be elite.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Admittedly, I like brAUce as a corch, but more like a mid-tier team guy that gets to the tournament each year and occasionally gets past the first round.

As a father to a beautiful daughter, one that I'm hoping is never in the line of sight of a Nate coached player, I'll take Sweat hAUg

I will put the bammer twist on it and say "where is your conference, tournament or NCAA championship"? Nothin' to hang in the rafters.

Other than that. Nice win!

Iā€™ll take Goats, though what Sweathog has been able to accomplish at a traditional basketball bottom dweller is impressive. You canā€™t just write off making it out of the first weekend of the tournament once in 10 years.

My only concern about Nathaniel Goats is that heā€™s doing too well, and will he turn down or accept the call when a deep blue blood eventually tries to swoop him up?

Iā€™ll take Goats, though what Sweathog has been able to accomplish at a traditional basketball bottom dweller is impressive. You canā€™t just write off making it out of the first weekend of the tournament once in 10 years.
My only concern about Nathaniel Goats is that heā€™s doing too well, and will he turn down or accept the call when a deep blue blood eventually tries to swoop him up?
I think he winds up at UMiami... culture down there seems to fit his style.

• Haha
Reactions: dhetiger

Agree, mostly. The NCAAT is built for teams with great guard play, and AU has not had that since 2019. Missing out on Jalen Green and Scoot Henderson to the G-League definitely hurt.

Reactions: Konigstiger
Agree, mostly. The NCAAT is built for teams with great guard play, and AU has not had that since 2019. Missing out on Jalen Green and Scoot Henderson to the G-League definitely hurt.

My NCAAT comment was mostly a shiny hook. Iā€™ve harped for years that it is fun, but the worst way to determine a champion in major sports.

Guard play for whatever reason just makes a bigger difference in March. With that said, can yall please beg KD to come back for one last year?

• Angry
Reactions: derek_tiger
My NCAAT comment was mostly a shiny hook. Iā€™ve harped for years that it is fun, but the worst way to determine a champion in major sports.

Guard play for whatever reason just makes a bigger difference in March. With that said, can yall please beg KD to come back for one last year?
Your last sentence? Fuuuuuuck no

• Haha
Reactions: BKHusky

Channeling my inner Honk, Bruce is washed up.

And that's a damn shame because college basketball is very important, always has been.

I donā€™t know that you want to compare those things between the two corches.
I think if you look at the two situations without crimson glasses, you'll see that comparing the two in that regard is more than fair. Nate is a good coach, but he walked into a much better situation than Pearl did. He hasn't had to face an assistant stabbing him in the back, or an NCAA penalty as a result of it. Nate's record is impressive, but Bruce has literally doubled AU's hardware in 10 years.

Last edited:
I think if you look at the two situations without crimson glasses, you'll see that comparing the two in that regard is more than fair. Nate is a good coach, but he walked into a much better situation than Pearl did. He hasn't had to face an assistant stabbing him in the back, or an NCAA penalty as a result of it. Nate's record is impressive, but Bruce has literally doubled AU's hardware in 10 years.
I actually love Bruce Pearl. Iā€™ve been around the man several times. Dude remembered my name from day one, remembered I was wearing a bammer hat, and still treated me like gAUld.

I think heā€™s a great coach. I donā€™t think youā€™d trade him for Nate šŸs, but I wouldnā€™t trade the šŸs for him either.

I actually love Bruce Pearl. Iā€™ve been around the man several times. Dude remembered my name from day one, remembered I was wearing a bammer hat, and still treated me like gAUld.

I think heā€™s a great coach. I donā€™t think youā€™d trade him for Nate šŸs, but I wouldnā€™t trade the šŸs for him either.
Werd

Heā€™s a great guy to be aroundā€¦charismatic is the word.

Appreciate it! Always good to celebrate a win. Although, gotta ask, where are the conference titles, tournament runs, or NCAA championships to hang in the rafters? Just a little friendly banter! But seriously, good game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT