ADVERTISEMENT

Openings/Coaching Changes 2019-20

Not sure if that is where he coaches, but sounds accurate.
Amazing coach and guy from what I've heard but Hoover would be a terrible fit for that style. Not enough depth to run that offense. Spread would compete in 3A where more teams have players going 2 ways.

Why do you think it takes more depth to run the wishbone than a spread type offense, it's usually the exact opposite.
I know Hoover tried similar offenses for 10 years and won about 5 games total in that time. They lack size and discipline and since the change they've been much more competitive in football utilizing their skill players and QBs. Their lack of size and ability to move guys off the ball was the reason it didn't work. Big part is numbers.

I'm not buying that it wont work. In fact, the wishbone/single wing/ etc etc often levels the playing field. There is a reason the military academys run it. They cant do what everyone else does and expect it to be successful. DM Roosevelt has proven that structure and stability can turn a DM Public school into a winner.

Reactions: Bob321
Amazing coach and guy from what I've heard but Hoover would be a terrible fit for that style. Not enough depth to run that offense. Spread would compete in 3A where more teams have players going 2 ways.

That offense, believe it or not. Is not smash mouth football which most people seem to think.

He has incorporated flex bone spread as well. Navy, Army, and AF style with Hinkel concepts of the full backfield bone in addition to the veer triple option of the academys.

Harlan has been filled by Todd Bladt, as expected.

Mt. Ayr has always had Co-Coaches, did they both resign?

Harlan has been filled by Todd Bladt, as expected.

Mt. Ayr has always had Co-Coaches, did they both resign?

Looks like their AD / CO-HC retired, so I would assume that the other Co-HC would takeover.

The former HC at Wayne is now the new OC for Graceland University

It could be policy of the school district if they go from Co-Head Coach to just one they have to post the job.

Reactions: hawxs22
Osage

Matt Finn did a great job there. It'll be interesting to see what happened there or if he filled another job.

As far as jobs being filled: Heelan was filled from within and Hoover appears to be close to be filled by the ACGC coach, according to the reports above.

I heard about Osage about a week ago 2nd hand, didn't want to say until it was for sure. I have heard that his wife, who I believe is a doctor got a job in another part of the state.

Also, while I agree he has done a nice job, the drop down to 1A has helped them, and if you look at their athletic department overall they have been on an upswing.

Last edited:
That offense, believe it or not. Is not smash mouth football which most people seem to think.

He has incorporated flex bone spread as well. Navy, Army, and AF style with Hinkel concepts of the full backfield bone in addition to the veer triple option of the academys.

bone, veer, flex, is all smash mouth football. Just an angled smash mouth style instead of the traditional base or I north and south

I heard about Osage about a week ago 2nd hand, didn't want to say until it was for sure. I have heard that his wife, who I believe is a doctor got a job in another part of the state.

Also, while I agree he has done a nice job, the drop down to 1A has helped them, and if you look at their athletic department overall they have been on an upswing.
Marginal W-L records.

Nik Moser was named the new HFC at Fort Dodge, which is a great hire.

Mt. Ayr is now officially open, as the other Co-Head Coach has also stepped down.

Solon was posted yesterday but on the bottom of the posting, I read it as "internal Candidates" only. Again, I could have read that post entirely wrong, but to me, this will be filled by an assistant.

Seemed from the outside looking in that Moser was a lock for that job being a former alum and son of the former coach, surprised it took this long to name him.

Not sure what's the deal with places like CGD & Saydel, I'm sure there can't be people beating down the door to get into the positions there.

Surely Mason City will fare maybe a little better in 3A? Also, who knows what schools are actually currently still open?
Nodaway Valley
Mount Ayr?
Solon?
Mason City
Eddyville

Any more?

Something had to have happened there. You don't see postings like that after the position was just filled.

Looks like they took it down, wonder if they accidentally put up the old posting, they still have the four assistant jobs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT