ADVERTISEMENT

Openings/Coaching Changes 2019-20

Why is it everytime someone brings up anything about Alb football the first thing that always comes out is their record against North Linn to defend themselves. Bottom line is they have not been a district contender since Carver left and it has nothing to do with NL.

I guess I didn't know it was brought up EVERY time. I apologize if it was brought up before. I never seen it mentioned but maybe once. I was just pointing out the stability of the staffs of the 2 programs doesn't seem to make much of a difference to onfield success.

Not sure why you cant be successfully with football at alburnett as they are in other sports so it not like they don't have the athletes in the school. Revolving door there doesn't make it any easier with no coaching stability. Funny thing is with all the coaches that have been there since Carver I couldn't tell you any of their names that just shows the lack of success since him.

They Ran Evers right out of town because people on the booster club thought that their kids should play over other kids. Bottom line is Alb has had I believe 3 seasons since 2006 that they have had more than just 5 wins and 2 of the playoff teams were 5-5 overall and made the playoffs simply because back then you automatically took top 4 teams from every district. Their best team since then was prob 2011 when then were 11-1 but haven't come remotely close to that since. Whoever they hire as the new coach better have a thick skin and be ready to deal with parents and rebuild because the last coach they had there has a history of leaving places when the cupboard is bare as very few MS kids in the program. But im sure they will tell you their record against NL.

Funny thing, for not knowing any names of their coaches.....you sure seem to know not only their names but also lot about them. Their lack of success seems to be pretty relative to other teams lack of success.

Funny thing, for not knowing any names of their coaches.....you sure seem to know not only their names but also lot about them. Their lack of success seems to be pretty relative to other teams lack of success.

Its called quickstats you can get records from way back not hard to research

I see they do now. Maybe they did before, but it could be a new feature. Point being there is no data under Alburnett's coaching staff.

My guess is you are very aware of the names of previous Alburnett coaches, and not because of Quickstats. Just a hunch though.

Some day I will find the small town gossip bottom as well, entered by rival schools.

I see they do now. Maybe they did before, but it could be a new feature. Point being there is no data under Alburnett's coaching staff.

My guess is you are very aware of the names of previous Alburnett coaches, and not because of Quickstats. Just a hunch though.

Some day I will find the small town gossip bottom as well, entered by rival schools.
Your only rival based on alb posts is NL at least football anyway. Since your in the know has Alb hired another head coach yet? My only small town gossip fans only said it was a tough job to fill with very few teaching openings.

I am not in the know at Alburnett. I have not heard if they have hired anyone yet.

Due to proximity I would say North Linn is Alburnett's biggest rival, but I am sure they consider others as rivals. My guess both schools like playing each other, since they play basically every year whether they are in the same district or not.

ONLY rival: no. Biggest Rival: I would say so

The only one that I could find was that East Marshall hired Greg Lee, who was an assistant.

It is a bad optic for sure.

But with Alburnett's revolving door of coaches since Carver left, the program has a record of 50-46 with a 7-4 record against their biggest rival North Linn. North Linn is a bigger school who most of the time have played in a higher Class. They have had the same coach that entire time with a 43-59 record, falling to Alburnett 7 out of 11 tries. So perhaps having the highest tenured coach doesn't always equal the stronger program.

This came up in another thread about North Linn - what is the deal with football not able to make that jump to the next level? Some of the better athletes not going out? That school has been loaded with athletic talent and success now for quite some time.

North Linn has had great success in Baseball and Basketball, and in the past in Wrestling. One thing I will say is that some some of the athletes that have made NL so successful in those sports didn't play football, or in all honesty while they are great athletes, they just weren't necessarily football type athletes, they were a little more slender in their build, etc.

North Linn was a playoff team in Class 1A a year ago. So, I have been a little surprised with the start they've had, especially after dropping down to Class A.
Maybe they graduated more than I thought they were going to.

It will be interesting to see if they can turn it around. They will have some tough District games ahead they will need to win to have a winning record.

The Jesup score definitely surprised me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT