harlan 21 carlisel 28- harlan cannot stop the running attack of carlisle
harlan 28 carlise 28- 3rd
harlan 35 carlisle 28-4th
harlan 42 carlisle 28-4th.....4.24 to go
harlan 42 carlisle 35 -4th.....1.35 to play
harlan 49 carlisle 35- 4th
harlan 49 carlisel 42-4th
harlan 49 carlisle 42----final harlan keeps its rabbit foot shinned

i feel carlisle coaching staff subdued to the pressure in 2nd half..sort of got started taking big chances that hurt them....carlise had 2 penalities that killed them in one of the last drives....that basically cost them the game..watched all but 2 of harlans games, and some other 3a games, lot of good 3a teams this years....4 or 5 of harlans games were decided in the 4th, nothing easy for the cyclones.

one of harlans best players, will mclaughlin, jr d1 recuit left field in 2nd half due to injury,....not sure how serious it was, radio anouncers said he was trying to work the injury off..i quess the coaches decided not to let him back in game

Last edited:
CR Xavier 7, Dubuque Wahlert 7 at halftime. Xavier ekes out a 17-14 win over a Wahlert team that was 0-9 and 3-6 the past two years, but played their heart out with four sophomores starting. Eagles finish 6-3.

Last edited:
Grinnel 6 Pella 0 2:00 left
Pella with 5 turnovers and 3 personal fouls. Hard to win doing that.

Grinnel 6 Pella 0 2:00 left
Pella with 5 turnovers and 3 personal fouls. Hard to win doing that.
Grinnell has found their defense. Man they were lights out on D tonight. 3 of those turnovers were forced by the D. The fumble was produced by a jarring hit from the Grinnell Lineback Eli Rose.

Grinnell has found their defense. Man they were lights out on D tonight. 3 of those turnovers were forced by the D. The fumble was produced by a jarring hit from the Grinnell Lineback Eli Rose.
thought pella would win that game.....with grinnells qb out for the season...congrats to grinnell

The biggest surprise for me this evening was the Xavier Score. I thought they would comfortably win.

The biggest surprise for me this evening was the Xavier Score. I thought they would comfortably win.

Wahlert’s defense is really good, and they came ready to play. They bottled up Xavier most of the game.

Wahlert’s first TD was a blocked punt return, and their second came on a 67-yard bomb. Other than that, the Xavier defense kept them mostly bottled up.

Xavier also hurt themselves with a couple of poorly timed penalties, some poor execution, and an off night for their QB (some bad pitches and some off-target passes, one of which was intercepted). But Wahlert has a solid team there, with several sophomores contributing big-time. Coach Jamie Marshall turned an 0-9 team two years ago into a 3-6 team last year and a 6-3 squad this season ... he’s doing a fantastic job.

Predictions for Friday night according to BCMoore

Webster City 12 point favorites over BHRV

Lewis Central 4 point favorites over Harlan

Xavier 12 point favorites over Grinnell

West Delaware 22 point favorites over North Scott Eldridge

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT