North Central Conference 2012

ThisThreadSucks_B.jpg

a sign posted on St Edmond property reads as follows:

Be Respectful
Speak and act with kindness
Treat others as you want to be treated
Show courage
Be a true friend
Remember, God is always on playground duty.

MNW topped SE in the MNW relays 132-124.

Neil won the 400 and 800. Kolacia finished 3rd in the 800. Reel was 2nd in the 3200.

Their 4x200 actually placed the best of the 4 big relay events, finishing 2nd.

Flattery and Kolacia only ran in 2 events each. The word on the street is that Flattery is recovering from an injury and Kolacia has been sick. Flattery didn't look too injured - man can he run. If these two guys are healthy, they would beat Manson pretty handily. Where did this Angstrom kid come from? Is he a brother of the other Angstroms? He looked really good in the 200 meter.

Poky wins the Class B division which is encouraging. I wished we could have competed with the larger teams.

Looks like Neil is cementing himself as the #1 800 meter guy in the state with a 1:55.18 win at Drake. Anyone know how the race played out?

It was a 3 man race with about 300 meters to go and Flattery pulled away and won it by 10 meters +. This guy is a horse - Drake record.

Now I have been on this board and around as long as Cody has and we have had our differences on issues and what not, but I will have to say that he does know his stuff. I find it funny that so many of you can't understand what PR, PB, SB, etc all stands for and then you all argue for so many posts of what it is. Pretty sure when I clicked on here talk was suppose to be about ncc track not SE code of conduct or what does certain letters stand for. Talk about races, results, runners, coaching, recruiting...not the stupid crap I have read for 3 pages now.

You can also go to www.flotrack.org and watch all of the Drake Relay races. If you watch closely, Flattery actually stumbled at about 200 meters into the race. He will be tough to beat.

Ha, finally I get some love. NCC alum sticking together, I like that.

After watching some of the races over the weekend, it is clear Neil is the overwhelming favorite in the 800. Be interesting to see what happens at districts considering SE hasn't really run any great relays. Maybe somebody will step it up, but it doesn't seem like they have any title contending relays save maybe a medley due to Neil's ability in the 800.

CG should make a run at the medley also considering they are at the top of 2a.

The 4x1, if all stacked, should be the race of the conference meet. Be fun to watch. I should know this but when/where is conference?

I agree, I think St. Edmond has a shot at the medley, but I also think they will be very competitive in the 4 X 800. I heard Kolacia is not 100%, but he is capable of going sub 2 minutes. Reel might get near 2 minutes and Neil Flattery will be 1.54ish. The key will be David Flattery, if he is one of the legs. Can he get below 2.05?

Forget the distance medley and 4x8, FDSE has always been dominant in the 4x4. The 4x4 is where it's at, in the last few years anyways!

They just don't have the 400 runners anymore according to QuikStats. Neil is the only one below a mid-53. It's not like years past where they had 2-3 guys who could run sub-50's.

They have a good shot in the 4x800 if they all run well.

It was a great meet between Algona, FDSE, and WC at NCC last night. All three teams were evenly matched and there could have been a different winner on another night. FDSE is starting to look better now, but still need some work for the State meet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT