ADVERTISEMENT

North Central Conference 2012

I heard a rumor that Ryan "thunder" Rodenborn is going out for track. If this is true look out for the gaels in the field events. This kid has a cannon for an arm.

Ryan Rodenborn is a physical specimen and, if he were to join the SE track team, he would make an immediate impact and possibly win the shot and the discus state titles.

Well in the football thread you said you played for the norsemen last fall ..... and with all your knowledge of St eds and only posting about st eds I was just assuming you didnt really play for the norsemen last fall and actually for the gaels.... Just putting facts together

Speaking of track.......

Neil Flattery committed to Iowa this past week to run track.

As an avid Iowa fan and alum I must say congrats to Neil on making the right decision and GO HAWKS!!!
3dgrin.gif

Academic issues. Just kidding. But a very good meet is today in Webster City. I assume many NCC teams will be there, will be a good meet to attend and watch some high school male track athletes!

Ah, that could be. I thought we were talking about this year though, knowing that this thread is for 2012. But, for this year I believe he is in the 1:57 range. He is currently hurt, so hopefully that won't affect his time in the long run this year.

A PR (personal record) was asked for, not a SB (season best.) If you are going to talk track, make sure you understand the lingo.

Cody is correct on this one Steve, pr is personal record, whether this year, last year, or in 8th grade.
This post was edited on 4/19 11:15 AM by Jako18

PR means personal record. Personal best would be PB. Track times are considered records. Personal best, world best, etc. come from road racing due to the differences in courses. The bottom line is that the word "best" doesn't start with an "r".

John,
I cannot argue with that logic, record does not start with a b. Now, could you explain to me the difference between someone's best and someone's record. Thanks.

Captain,
Reread it, thanks. I get it now. One can NEVER pr in xc, road races, etc. You can only pr in track and pb in everything else.

Who made it to Drake from the NCC? For FDSE Neil Flattery made it in the 800 and Hank Lentsch made it in high jump. I am a little disappointed that they didn't get more through. Other teams?

Are you expecting? Are you going to name him Cody? If both those answers aren't yes, I don't want to talk to you.

bdrude- You can call it whatever you want. Let's just be straight forward and just call it a person's fastest time over a certain distance. Even certified courses vary in true length (8k and 5 miles are considered the same for record keeping purposes even though 8k is about 50 yards shorter). Certified courses can have different start and finish locations, resulting in a net loss or gain in elevation. Boston is certified, but because it is point to point, the times can be recognized as world best, but not world records. Some certified courses are flat, some rolling, some have brutal hills to deal with, or are run in less than optimal weather conditions that reflect in times, but not effort. There is a margin of error in course measurement. Courses that start and finish within a certain distance of each other can be recognized for world records even though there may be an acceptable loss in elevation. Every course I have ever laid out was at least as long as advertised meaning they were all long within the acceptable range. The track does not lie.

You're wasting your time explaining to me things I already know. I was throwing it out there for sexc.

cody, over the years I have seen you bait, ridicule, and generally be a smart*** to people whenever you saw fit. You are nowhere near the expert or stud that you, any of your cohorts, or kids that don't know better think you are. Notice that I did not waste time capitalizing your name. It reads as it should. WAAA!

Go run D3 like Cody, then I will trust you. His brother was a college track coach, I think he knows his stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT