ADVERTISEMENT

North Central Conference 2012

He won the race by 4 seconds, Davis getting cut off didnt take 4 seconds off his time, if you watch the race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cNL7IEJDpM is in the bottom half of the runners most of the race, maybe if he went earlier he could have caught Nate, maybe not, but him cutting Davis off did not take 4 seconds of his time, unless he got boxed in, which is his own fault.

Going against my own advice, but I didn't see anything in that video that warranted a DQ, let alone not letting a guy run state this year. Which is an absolutely absurd statement. There's going to be unavoidable contact in the first 100-200 of a race with 24 people and a waterfall start. It pays to be aggressive. I've always advocated to teammates and when I was volunteering to be aggressive in situations like that, otherwise you get pushed to the back rather easily. Not saying to throw punches and tackle people, but putting an elbow or two out to make room for yourself is perfectly fine.

Are you kidding me???? I have witnessed Kolacia cut runners off on at least four separate occasions.....i gotta go with roosterwarrior in this argument.

Being aggressive is one thing but throwing cheap shots is another. It is not a good example were setting for our kids to have a person win state titles in this way.

Look out for Thomas Woodruff throwing for FDSE. He is almost pure muscle, not to mention amazingly handsome.

Sounds a lot like sour grapes. But, considering he has not been DQed for it, I'm not seeing a great argument for your side. There was nothing cheap about that race that I saw, and I'm sure the state officials would have DQed him if they had seen something they thought was overly aggressive. I haven't seen every single race Nate has run, so I can't say he's never cut someone off etc... Most runners have at some point. Point being, there was nothing out of line in his state title run.

Come on now sharks. No need for personal attacks on here. Roosterwarriors posts are very insightful and especially when talking about the future all-american lineman Vinnie Harvey. Vinnie Harvey by the way is improving everyday when it comes to throwing. I see him being a state contender come the end of the year. Have you seen the muscles on that kid!!!!!!

In long distance running people get cut off all the time and very rarely its intentional. It happens and sometimes it sucks but it is a part of the race. As far as I am aware Nathan isnt complaining about this and is having a very good season so far. Hopefully the two will be battling in out again down at state this year as well.

Hes done it in the past and yes being cut off in running is a big deal, it kills the opponets stride. Imagine if you had to stop for a second in a middle of a race and then you had to start up again breaking out of your momentum, its big difference. Hopefully its something hes grown out of because to be honest he doesnt need to do it, hes got more than enough talent.
This post was edited on 4/10 1:53 AM by Duddley Do Right

Come on Steve, just because your his dad's best friend doesn't mean you have to defend him. I don't think he did it based on the video, not because I'm biased.

FDSE wins the Class B Dodger Relays. While FDSH gets dead last in Class A. How can they be so bad?

paper shows senior high as placing 6th out of 7 teams. St eds did get 1st. Paper only shows 4 teams entered in B.

Jako18 i noticed you are calling soyo steve lately?? Why dont you let the man be and let whoever he is post anonymously if he wants. It is his choice not yours geesh!

Originally posted by runningsucks:
Jako18 i noticed you are calling soyo steve lately?? Why dont you let the man be and let whoever he is post anonymously if he wants. It is his choice not yours geesh!
Not sure who Steve is, Jako. If you're referring to me as Steve Baldwin, try again. But I will give you my opinion on why FDSH is so bad at track. Two words sum it up: John McBride.

I was referring to you as Scuba Steve from the movie "Big Daddy" but I believe you just told us who you are.
This post was edited on 4/11 8:05 PM by Jako18

I could go on for days about the problems of the abysmal FDSH track team but I will just boil it down to this: John McBride should not be the head coach of any track team in the state, regardless of class.

Last time I checked FDSH wasn't in the NCC (although its not a bad idea) so why are we talking about them?

Jacko, you were the one who suggested soyo explain why FDSH was so bad. So, to answer your question of "why are we talking about them?" it's because you wanted to.

I would think even with a bad coach that FDSH would be better with the amount of students they have. And I am not knocking on coach McBride at all, I have no idea what he does as a coach. But, with what I've seen from FDSH results, it is more than just coaching.

But, back on topic. What about other NCC schools. Clarion has some decent athletes and has a very solid medley and individual athlete in Nathan Davis. Any other conference schools have top 8 state contenders in any events?

Captain,
When I follow the posts in a chronological fashion, Soyo brought up the FDSH track situation, Jako18 responded to it. You referred to Jako's post as he wanted to talk about it. It appears that Soyo-Scuba Steve- or whoever he is wanted to talk about it. Try and follow along. Why does it have to be SE vs FDSH? Why can't people of FD support them both. We are in separate classes and rarely compete against each other. When we do, take your side for that contest, then back each other the other times. That is my philosophy. You fellas have a nice Thursday!!!

I tried to follow along sexc, but it's tough to keep up with your superior intellect. However, I never stated that these two programs must be in opposition. In fact, I was simply expressing my frustration and concern as a fan of FDSH. So, I don't know where you are coming from, but would love to hear about it!

FDSH and SE both qualified the 4x800 to state last year. SE's was about 40 seconds faster, but I don't really think a track coach (at the HS level) can do much for an athlete. I think it'd be hard for SE to break the Tipton 4x800 record. They lost Kesten who ran a 1:58 split and Jordan Arnold who ran a 2:04. It's definitely possible, but replacing those two with (let's say they both get down to 2:03) still leaves 6 seconds for Neil and Nate to make up.

Also, to clarify something said earlier: St. Edmond ran a 3:18.99 in the 2010 Drake Relay's, the fastest 2A time ever (7th fastest Drake Relay's 4x400 time ever).

A HS track coach might not be able to do much for an athlete, but he or she can do a ton for a program. The problem with FDSH is not developing talent (they have that), it is managing that talent and getting it to run for the team.

What I want to know is how FDSE didn't break their 4x4 record last year, returning 3 of the runners from 2010!

If my memory is right, that 2010 Drake team had 3 really good runners that could go sub 50, Becker, Neil Flattery and Keston. The fourth runner was a 52/53 runner. They lost Becker to graduation and replaced him with another 52/53 runner.

Goes to show you losing one guy can do some damage. I do not see that record being broken for many, many years to come. Not sure if the 4x8 record will be broke this year, that is also tough.

Captain America when did I bring up FDSH?! Please inform me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Certainly Jacko! Soyo mentioned FDSH and asked why they were so bad and you referred to him as Steve and you suggested he discuss it further by saying "Why don't you tell us Steve". Hope that helps!

Oh sorry captain america I thought you were talking to me, Jako, but it appears you are talking to someone named Jacko, sorry for the mix up:)

I never said you brought it up. I don't know why you struggle so much with reading, but I suggest we talk about about track!

Captain,
Never said you said anything about comparing the two schools, clearly I was speaking to those who were. Tried to kill 2 birds with one post. Figured you could tell that, sorry to give you so much credit. Jako may need help reading, just not sure you are the one to do the helping.

sexc, next time you wish to address others but not me, I would recommend not starting your post addressing me. It's difficult to follow that logic. As I said to jacko, let's stop our petty bickering and discuss track. Unless of course you wish to continue to bicker, in that case it would probably be more appropriate to find another venue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT