ADVERTISEMENT

Just a random question.

Charleston is great to visit. I don't know that I'd want to live there, though.

Unless you inherit a place or have truckloads of money, it'd be tough to live in Charleston proper.

Even then, it would take a decade before the locals considered you a local.

Reactions: dhetiger
Unless you inherit a place or have truckloads of money, it'd be tough to live in Charleston proper.

Also, the food is so good that you'd eat yourself into a coffin in a year.

Reactions: Reasoned
That looks a little too close to Moby for me.
Don't be bringing any of your Kennedyesque Cape Cod crap down here. The Daphne, Montrose and Point Clear areas are great. Just bring a lot of $$$ for real estate. My SIL has an extra lot on the bay next to her house near Daphnefor around $600-$700K.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Don't be bringing any of your Kennedyesque Cape Cod crap down here. The Daphne, Montrose and Point Clear areas are great. Just bring a lot of $$$ for real estate. My SIL has an extra lot on the bay next to her house near Daphnefor around $600-$700K.

When I think of GD, he reminds me of the Kennedy's. 😂

I'm guessing that lot is like .5 acres? Less?

Reactions: GwinnettDawg

Yeah when we were on one of the tours through downtown the guide said there was a LOT of old money.

There’s a lot for sale in my town on the bay. It’s about 6 acres. $5.3 mil

• Wow
I still hate Charleston! Had construction projects there for many years, VA Hospital Renovations, USPO & CH Renovations, Federal Bldg Renovations, Naval Construction (NAVFAC) Projects and work at the Polaris Missile Facility just North of Charleston. If they did business with you, they accepted you. If not they tolerated you. I tried not to stay long on each site visit. As a matter of fact, most of the time I'd drive up from my site in Savannah and turn around the same day.

The Gullah Geechees were a lot nicer than the whites. Poor, but nice. Can't count the number of woven baskets and woven hats I bought from them.

Only good thing to come out of Charleston is their she crab soup.

Last edited:
Google Keewaydin in Southampton, NY to see her former digs. I think the Last time it sold, it was for $35M. She got out of it many years ago though and downsized after her divorce. DHE spent some summers up there with the movie stars. She lives down here with the common folk now.

Reactions: dhetiger

200w.gif

I still hate Charleston! Had construction projects there for many years, VA Hospital Renovations, USPO & CH Renovations, Federal Bldg Renovations, Naval Construction (NAVFAC) Projects and work at the Polaris Missile Facility just North of Charleston. If they did business with you, they accepted you. If not they tolerated you. I tried not to stay long on each site visit. As a matter of fact, most of the time I'd drive up from my site in Savannah and turn around the sae day.

The Gullah Geechees were a lot nicer than the whites. Poor, but nice. Can't count the number of woven baskets and woven hats I bought from them.

Only good thing to come out of Charleston is their she crab soup.
Help me here Moby, what the hell is a “Gullah Geechee”?
I’ll have to concur on the she crab soup, had some out on Sullivan’s Island 😋

Help me here Moby, what the hell is a “Gullah Geechee”?
I’ll have to concur on the she crab soup, had some out on Sullivan’s Island 😋
Descendants of slave Africans that were originally brought to the America to work on southern plantations. They have their own dialect. They would always set up behind the historic USPO & CH in the parking lot and sell woven baskets nd hats. I ended up with a closet in my office half full of then. Charlestonians looked down their noses at them. I used to joke with the Geechee women every day. They had a beautiful, but sad smile.

They are called Geechees (assumed to be a derogative term) by the locals. I think Gullah is their language, but I don't know for sure..

Last edited:
Reactions: Reasoned
Snoop is your Awbrin upbringing is calling you hAUm?

Anywhere in Alabama is better than the shitehole you’re in now, so why axe why?

C’mon over to N.E. Alabama and I’ll take you out drank’n. We will see if that wife of yours TRULY loves (and forgives) you on a regular basis.

Descendants of slave Africans that were originally brought to the America to work on southern plantations. They have their own dialect. They would always set up behind the historic USPO & CH in the parking lot and sell woven baskets nd hats. I ended up with a closet in my office half full of then. Charlestonians looked down their noses at them. I used to joke with the Geechee women every day. They had a beautiful, but sad smile.

They are called Geechees (assumed to be a derogative term) by the locals. I think Gullah is their language, but I don't know for sure..
Ahh, learn something new everyday. Being a lifelong Yankee, I was amazed learning about the buildings there used in the original slave trade, though they didn’t emphasize the direct descendants still present and local name😏.
As a side, I learned recently the founder’s wanted slavery prohibited in the constitution but in order for all the original thirteen colonies to sign SC and GA demanded it be left in.

Parts of North Charleston are back on the upswing. I’d love to live in Mount Pleasant/Sullivan’s Island. My biggest client is based there. Definitely enjoy attending their sales meetings at Isle of Palms.

Parts of North Charleston are back on the upswing. I’d love to live in Mount Pleasant/Sullivan’s Island. My biggest client is based there. Definitely enjoy attending their sales meetings at Isle of Palms.
Agreed, those are beautiful areas……which come with a not so beautiful price! 😳

Reactions: alphatiger08
North of Birmingham seems to be a good choice. Mountains are nice. Just avoid the liberal conclave over in the Walker County/Smith Lake area. Those dudes are crazy.
Walker Winston Liberal conclave??

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL

The reddest demographic slice of MAGATs in the state .. for sure the greatest number of J6 proud boys militia camps and refugees . Probably half those fvckers were in DC on J6.

Walker Winston Liberal conclave??

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL

The reddest demographic slice of MAGATs in the state .. for sure the greatest number of J6 proud boys militia camps and refugees . Probably half those fvckers were in DC on J6.
Unpossible since you live there...there's a big ol blue boil on the ass of that community. Hys name is Gator. And he Luuuuuuves him some Sleepy Joe!

Reactions: David_Dennison
@Sanctions Stand is there too, probably dairy farming or raising swine like auburn people do

Yes here in North AL. We are now on Guntersville Lake. I grew up in south Huntsville and raised two kids in Madison. Population is growing like a MOFO. News said H'ville is bigger than B'ham now.

Huntsville side (west) of Guntersville Lake is more expensive than the east side because it is quicker access back to Huntsville. We are over by G'ville State Park in a small town. Bass fishing is top notch. I'm catching the hell out of them on the super fluke and Pop-R right now. I have hunted and fished this area for many years.

Wheeler, Wilson and Pickwick lake areas are also nice (Florance, AL). Smallmouth bass fishing is awesome over there. North AL chain of TVA lakes makes this area a fishing destination for many. Good golf courses if you are into that.... RTJ golf trail courses, State Park courses. Gunter's Landing in Gville is nice.. Goose Pond over in Scottsboro is good.

Unpossible since you live there...there's a big ol blue boil on the ass of that community. Hys name is Gator. And he Luuuuuuves him some Sleepy Joe!
Not a lib… I join the millions of true conservatives that wish for a semi- functional government.
Are all the former Trump cabinet members libs? Why did he choose them? ….
…Or Trumpsky went rogue and it has now been verified by 5 Cabinet members and both WH council ( all witnesses In the insurrect trial) that they convened to commit to the 25th. Did you know that? Oddly enough Pence wouldn’t go along.

Wait for it it will come out in depositions. Already has in the depositions of Two WH lawyers

Strippers in Smith Lake?
Sign me up!
You know that bluff off to the left ? It has a 60ft drop. I’ve been fishing there for 50 yrs. . We have dropped small trees there for years it’s crappy and catfish nursery now
. . It’s not possible to drop a minnow or cricket there without pulling out a good sized crappy …. If you do it right -a big Striper will grab that one. I don’t do cane poles any more since that happened 3-4 times… when that crappie starts fight on the surface - the big hogs come in.

Not a lib… I join the millions of true conservatives that wish for a semi- functional government.
Are all the former Trump cabinet members libs? Why did he choose them? ….
…Or Trumpsky went rogue and it has now been verified by 5 Cabinet members and both WH council ( all witnesses In the insurrect trial) that they convened to commit to the 25th. Did you know that? Oddly enough Pence wouldn’t go along.

Wait for it it will come out in depositions. Already has in the depositions of Two WH lawyers
🤔
If that’s what makes you sleep at night….knock yourself out.😏

Just looked it up. That might be the site of the homestead that my grandmothers family settled on. Had several houses all
On an acre or so each. I used to go down there as a small child and there were relatives all along 123 near the HS.

The we’d head straight down 123 to Bonifay,FL where my mother was from.
Best coach I ever played for in any sport was Jim Robbins who coached there for years. Great coach and even better person.

You know that bluff off to the left ? It has a 60ft drop. I’ve been fishing there for 50 yrs. . We have dropped small trees there for years it’s crappy and catfish nursery now
. . It’s not possible to drop a minnow or cricket there without pulling out a good sized crappy …. If you do it right -a big Striper will grab that one. I don’t do cane poles any more since that happened 3-4 times… when that crappie starts fight on the surface - the big hogs come in.

That's nice but somebody said the lake has strippers. Can you give details ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT