ADVERTISEMENT

For the solar & wind ostriches...

derek_tiger

Freshman
Dec 20, 2009
Great article on the 'Net Zero' virtue signaling... otherwise know as 'a form of moral grandstanding in which a viewpoint or answer is calculated to “look good,” thereby making the object or speaker appear virtuous to others, rather than being chosen because it is strictly honest.' Zat' remind the board of anyone in particular??

Tag line for this solar & wind horsesh|t... there aren’t enough materials on the planet to achieve the dream of building enough batteries. It’s a grand absurd delusion!

But we all know that.... (notice Cobalt production alone would have to increase by over 1000%; shame the planet doesn't have that much).

Here is what a reasonably objective study from the Geological Survey of Finland concludes on just how much more electricity generation will be required to retire natural gas and coal…

The answer: a sh|t load!

Image-1-239x300.png

But you need batteries to provide power when the sun isn’t shining and the wind isn’t blowing. Here is an indication of just how much materials would be required to produce all these batteries:

Image-2-300x169.png

We won’t hold these estimates against the author as there are a number of variables involved. But you get the basic point: there aren’t enough materials on the planet to achieve this dream. It’s a grand absurd delusion!

We wouldn’t worry about natural gas and coal being phased out just yet.

The Net Zero is Just Plain Virtue Signaling.

What is virtue signaling? A form of moral grandstanding in which a viewpoint or answer is calculated to “look good,” thereby making the object or speaker appear virtuous to others, rather than being chosen because it is strictly honest.

The 2050 net zero narrative is virtue signaling in its purest sense. Here is a small excerpt from Kopernik Global Investors’ recent report:

“It seems like virtually everyone from cities to countries to corporations is setting targets to reach “net-zero” emissions. Over 3,000 companies and countries representing 89% of global emissions have “committed” to reaching net-zero.
We put the word “committed” in quotes because that commitment can mean very different things to different people. Even the United Arab Emirates recently declared a net-zero pledge for the year 2050, but not before they increase oil and gas production by 20% first. Let me be green…but not yet.
It is easy to make a pledge for somebody else to fulfill 30 years from now. That is why virtually everyone is doing it. These are low barrier to entry virtues. If everyone can do it, it can’t be that hard. Unfortunately, the problem is much more difficult to solve, and we might say, it is near impossible.
We can see how someone looking at the headlines might assume that oil and gas are going away soon. Virtually any newspaper, magazine or news service has stories daily about climate change and the necessary energy transition. Anyone with a Bloomberg terminal is treated to an endless stream of articles proselytizing for the new energy economy. Most treat the subject as a fait accompli, that because it needs to happen, that it will happen.
The problem with this is that it leads to starting with a conclusion and then building models and forecasts on how that must happen, ignoring how unlikely or difficult it might be.”

Ah, such poetry!

Call us in 2050, and we’ll see what opinions are. Heck, by 2030, after inflation ripped folks’ lives apart, we’re willing to bet that the appetite for this nonsense will be gone. Farmers will have ripped these stupid cow burping (for saving us from climate change) muzzles off, and anyone who champions such idiocy will be treated with the contempt and scorn they’ve always deserved.

Until then… well, we’ve a bull market in inflation to deal with.

C02 in a lie in of itself... avg CO2 levels are in the 400ppm range. It takes CO2 in the 35,000ppm to affect humans. Additionally, CO2 is a terrible greenhouse gas, and it sucks at that job (absorbing only 7% of infrared EM spectrum). Stopping all human activity would have little to no effect.

People who fall for this lie also think that carrying an umbrella to work will make it rain...

Last edited:
C02 in a lie in of itself... avg CO2 levels are in the 400ppm range. It takes CO2 in the 35,000ppm to affect humans. Additionally, CO2 is a terrible greenhouse gas, and it sucks at that job (absorbing only 7% of infrared EM spectrum). Stopping all human activity would have little to no effect.

People who fall for this lie also think that carrying an umbrella to work will make it rain...

reports have shown that actually 1.700 PPM of CO2 content starts becoming unhealthy. Fresh air design goals target 1000 PPM max for healthy air

but conversely, you are correct in that CO2 content in the atmosphere doesn’t have that large of radiation absorptivity in the frequency spectrum of our suns radiation discharge for which CO2 is active….. and the largest active frequency band for CO2 is shared with water vapor, and models so poorly account for an average vapor content in the atmosphere for that absorptive band frequency

Reactions: BamaFan1137
reports have shown that actually 1.700 PPM of CO2 content starts becoming unhealthy. Fresh air design goals target 1000 PPM max for healthy air

but conversely, you are correct in that CO2 content in the atmosphere doesn’t have that large of radiation absorptivity in the frequency spectrum of our suns radiation discharge for which CO2 is active….. and the largest active frequency band for CO2 is shared with water vapor, and models so poorly account for an average vapor content in the atmosphere for that absorptive band frequency
This is indoors and inside rooms.... we're talking outdoor air since that what the bark eaters are saying is killing the planet.

Also, most people are totally ignorant about outgassing. Outgassing is causing temps to rise along with C02 levels... chemical property of gasses suspended in a medium. The warmer earth gets the more natural C02 is released from water and soil. Rising c02 levels is an effect of natural global warming, not the cause of natural global warming.

Speaking of greenhouse effect, WATER VAPOR is the real culprit. It is 850% stronger than C02 on the same spectrum, and there is 2100% MORE in the air than C02. THIS is the sole cause of earth's greenhouse and C02 is irrelevant.

Who is up for removing water vapor from the air??

I noticed some people are staying away from this thread…🤔
I haven’t ene read all the Neanderthal bullshit that Derek posted. Like with the Kraken embarrassment, he hitched his intellectual wagon to the wrong horse. It’s actually a embarrassment that I’ll have fun with for a few years.

Cobalt and cadmium are stone age methods of energy storage. The professionals like me who are competent enough to offer enlightenment on future fast charge batteries and super-capacitors are designing around “graphene” iron phosphate composition. . But I don’t expect any Cult member to know about that because the Trumpsky Cult mantra is to rail against the science of batteries and green energy of any kind - go figure.

Just Follow the science!! Once you get up to my speed , maybe we can have an elementary level conversation.

What I can tell you is that you should be investing in Tesla, graphene producers and Dominion voting machines - they are going to take Derek’s Kraken for several billion. ( as I said LOLOLOLOL)

Great article on the 'Net Zero' virtue signaling... otherwise know as 'a form of moral grandstanding in which a viewpoint or answer is calculated to “look good,” thereby making the object or speaker appear virtuous to others, rather than being chosen because it is strictly honest.' Zat' remind the board of anyone in particular??

Tag line for this solar & wind horsesh|t... there aren’t enough materials on the planet to achieve the dream of building enough batteries. It’s a grand absurd delusion!

But we all know that.... (notice Cobalt production alone would have to increase by over 1000%; shame the planet doesn't have that much).

Here is what a reasonably objective study from the Geological Survey of Finland concludes on just how much more electricity generation will be required to retire natural gas and coal…

Image-1-239x300.png

But you need batteries to provide power when the sun isn’t shining and the wind isn’t blowing. Here is an indication of just how much materials would be required to produce all these batteries:

Image-2-300x169.png

We won’t hold these estimates against the author as there are a number of variables involved. But you get the basic point: there aren’t enough materials on the planet to achieve this dream. It’s a grand absurd delusion!

What is virtue signaling? A form of moral grandstanding in which a viewpoint or answer is calculated to “look good,” thereby making the object or speaker appear virtuous to others, rather than being chosen because it is strictly honest.

The 2050 net zero narrative is virtue signaling in its purest sense. Here is a small excerpt from Kopernik Global Investors’ recent report:

Ah, such poetry!

Call us in 2050, and we’ll see what opinions are. Heck, by 2030, after inflation ripped folks’ lives apart, we’re willing to bet that the appetite for this nonsense will be gone. Farmers will have ripped these stupid cow burping (for saving us from climate change) muzzles off, and anyone who champions such idiocy will be treated with the contempt and scorn they’ve always deserved.

Image-1-239x300.png

Image-2-300x169.png

Ah, such poetry!

So how about manufacturing graphene from coal. That’s a good solution that keeps all the carbon fuel cult happy. But you really don’t know anything about it - do you? For example its1000 times lighter and 1,000,000 X more conductive than copper. Yes that’s a million x.

Amazing material with the thickness of a single atom. Study more and get back with me. I’ll update you. My company is already using Lithium- graphene hybrid capacitors and moving to combined battery capacitor power systems for fast charge - fast discharge applications. They work great.

I haven’t ene read all the Neanderthal bullshit that Derek posted. Like with the Kraken embarrassment, he hitched his intellectual wagon to the wrong horse. It’s actually a embarrassment that I’ll have fun with for a few years.

Cobalt and cadmium are stone age methods of energy storage. The professionals like me who are competent enough to offer enlightenment on future fast charge batteries and super-capacitors are designing around “graphene” iron phosphate composition. . But I don’t expect any Cult member to know about that because the Trumpsky Cult mantra is to rail against the science of batteries and green energy of any kind - go figure.

Just Follow the science!! Once you get up to my speed , maybe we can have an elementary level conversation.

What I can tell you is that you should be investing in Tesla, graphene producers and Dominion voting machines - they are going to take Derek’s Kraken for several billion. ( as I said LOLOLOLOL)

Can you ever address the actual topic without the BS? Nobody here is against a viable battery solution, but what is currently being pushed by the left and governments around the world ain't that.

Can you ever address the actual topic without the BS? Nobody here is against a viable battery solution, but what is currently being pushed by the left and governments around the world ain't that.
Your reading comprehension skills are at the same level of Derek’s knowledge of energy storage . This is what Derekgoober wrote or quoted:

“Tag line for this solar & wind horsesh|t... there aren’t enough materials on the planet to achieve the dream of building enough batteries. It’s a grand absurd delusion! “

It’s absolute bullshit but I’m not surprised all of you lemmings agreed with it- as opposing green energy is fundamental to the Cult.

Future battery capacitor storage systems will be carbon, iron and phosphorus based. Follow the science.

Your reading comprehension skills are at the same level of Derek’s knowledge of energy storage . This is what Derekgoober wrote or quoted:

“Tag line for this solar & wind horsesh|t... there aren’t enough materials on the planet to achieve the dream of building enough batteries. It’s a grand absurd delusion! “

It’s absolute bullshit but I’m not surprised all of you lemmings agreed with it- as opposing green energy is fundamental to the Cult.

Future battery capacitor storage systems will be carbon, iron and phosphorus based. Follow the science.
Is this science going to change every 4-6 weeks as well?

THANK YOU for bringing up graphene... I knew you would and I'm LMAO! No doubt you think you're hotshyt into tech when REALLY what you are espousing is one step past science fiction. And this is from a guy that is such a tech guru he asked me to put his pics on his Rivals account when he couldn't figure out how to... :D LOL, you aren't the only one who can play the 'have fun for decades' game... not to mention we are STILL WAITING on the Victoryland, TARP Funds, McGregor, FBI tapes ($1 to dhe)... so go smoke some of that in your pipe.

There is no doubt graphene is a 'promising technology' (then again, so was Solyndra), but we are almost a light year away from it being in mainstream production for all but a miniscule few industries. Tesla? Ha... this is from their own website.... (Tesla) has announced its intentions to include graphene batteries in its future vehicles. WOW! Earth shattering! They intend to use graphene batteries.... I intend to take 2 shyts tomorrow morning... guess which one I'd invest in??

It takes less time than AJmcbrodie and mcsmellroy were NFL QBs to google the multitude of issues surrounding production capabilities of graphene batteries on a scale that might make a dent in the current demand... and graphene production / development for the next TEN years still looks like a ant on a 8 lane highway... OR a BB in a coffee can:
  • Graphene has a high cost as well as it is a complex process.
  • Toxic chemicals are used at a high temperature to produce graphene. Because of this graphene show signs of some poisonous qualities.
  • The oxidative atmosphere is defenseless against it.
  • Graphene is a good conductor of electricity, graphene doesn’t have a bandgap, as well as its mean graphite, can’t be switched off. Researchers are working on this.
  • The material of graphene is very costly on the planet.
  • It is harder to synthesize the non-renewable resource.
  • It is very difficult to generate three-dimensional materials out of graphene, while notable for its narrowness as well as exclusive properties of electrical.
  • Advantages, as well as disadvantages of a wonder material, are few along with seeing as the search is not complete yet there are many more things have to come out.
  • The probability of defects is very high due to the larger sheet.
  • Its actual strength is lower than the intrinsic strength.
  • Its’ cannot be stretched quarter of its length.
  • In its atomic structure, there is no defect plus fault but still, it is very difficult to generate a large amount of graphene. (Q. Zheng, 2015)
  • Graphene does not act, as a semiconductor because of this scientist do not use graphene in the microprocessor.
  • The size of the graphene sheets produced cannot be controlled.
  • Using graphene in solar cells is very hard to produce sufficient power.
  • If their size is less than 20nm, Graphenes are not stable.
  • The rigidity of the devices is very high bending that is also required to extend as well as squeeze or molded.
  • Graphene is stuck to everything as well as it is messy stuff.
  • Oxygen along with heat together cannot survive from graphene.
Guess you just happened to leave a few of these simpleton issues out of your debate? Right.

Now that you are walking about with a limp because my flip flop is hanging our of your ass, please charge off and invest your entire IRA into graphene production... I think you are on to something here. :rolleyes:o_O

Tell you what... let's have an 'elementary discussion' on 'Dilithium crystals'... I assume you are up to speed on how they are necessary for warp drives and regulating the matter/antimatter reaction needed to travel faster than light.

(talk about reading comprehension skills... :eek:)

Is this science going to change every 4-6 weeks as well?
I absolutely hope so. Trumpsky QCult folk would say Galileo was an idiot and flip flopped because he said Jupiter had only 2 moons.he found more later. . New discoveries are made as science progresses in EVERY field. Genetics are the most evasive becuse the mutate in an unpredictable way. .

But I understand your need to rationalize in this one single point. It’s required to be part of a cult. Congratulations. You passed.

I absolutely hope so. Trumpsky QCult folk would say Galileo was an idiot and flip flopped because he said Jupiter had only 2 moons.he found more later. . New discoveries are made as science progresses in EVERY field. Genetics are the most evasive becuse the mutate in an unpredictable way. .

But I understand your need to rationalize in this one single point. It’s required to be part of a cult. Congratulations. You passed.
zzzzzzzzzz

lol. So Galileo discovered additional moons around Jupiter. That’s awesome. Did he go back 4 weeks later and say he was wrong? After admitting he was wrong about the number of moons, did he go back and say he was initially right the first time? And did he flip flop more times than you can count? Is this what following the science is all about? Or have you just overdosed on the Fauci cult koolaide ?

lol. So Galileo discovered additional moons around Jupiter. That’s awesome. Did he go back 4 weeks later and say he was wrong? After admitting he was wrong about the number of moons, did he go back and say he was initially right the first time? And did he flip flop more times than you can count? Is this what following the science is all about? Or have you just overdosed on the Fauci cult koolaide ?

• Haha
Reactions: Reasoned
You know, it takes a wise and humble man to admit they’re wrong, doing so is not only the right thing to do but liberating, for as it was written….”the truth will make you free.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT