ADVERTISEMENT

Friday, October 25 Scores and Comments

Games with definite playoff implications:
  • Carroll at Dallas Center-Grimes; winner takes D-2. DC-G probably in regardless, Carroll must win to get in.
  • Decorah at Independence; winner takes D-3. Indee should be in regardless, Decorah must win to get in.
  • Clinton at Iowa City Liberty; Liberty needs to win to get a playoff spot.
  • Mount Pleasant at Washington; Mount Pleasant is in with a win, Washington on the bubble with a loss.
  • Pella at Grinnell; Grinnell has a slim chance with a win, but probably needs an Oskaloosa loss to South Tama as well.
  • Carlisle at Bondurant-Farrar; things get pretty dicey for Carlisle if they lose.

Center Point-Urbana 7, Dubuque Wahlert 0.
Western Dubuque 49, Maquoketa 7

Last edited:
harlan 25 winterset 6 -3rd
harlan 39 winterset 6 -3rd
harlan 39 winterset 12 -4th
harlan 39 winterset 18-4th
harlan puts 1st team back in
harlan 39 winterset 18 -final

glenwood 49 creston 35.....closer than i thought it would be

Last edited:
Some absolutely wild games tonight. Washington scores with 12 seconds left to go up 64-61 over Mount Pleasant? West Delaware with a late 2-point conversion to beat Waterloo East 36-35?

While Xavier won handily over Marion 52-14, it was crazy, too. Up 17-0 Xavier muffed a punt, Marion responded with a perfectly dropped dime of a pass for a TD. Xavier scored on a 4th-down play to go up 24-7, on the next play Marion throws a halfback option pass that’s under thrown, the receiver makes a great adjustment between two defenders to make the catch, one defender falls down and the receiver takes off for an 80-yard TD. 24-14. Xavier added a 64-yard TD pass and a 96-yard kickoff return to pull away.

Heelan capped off an embarrassing 2-7 season by firing Jansen. Like they should. Spencer just ran over them in a game that wasn’t even that close. Never seen so few people at a Heelan home game was like a frosh game attendance.

jansen of heelan getting fired , wow. i remember a few years ago, i thought he was one of the better coaches in iowa...if u ask me, a knee jerk reaction. its like, what can u do for me now.

How about some of these scores this year guys?? Teams like AL getting beat 70-0, SC West was it 90-0?? What was the opposing coach thinking?? It is HS Ball. I would have had my freshman team in the 2nd half. It all comes back around sooner or later.

Sioux City North lost their last two games by a combined score of 167-7. They trailed Ankeny 77-0 ... at halftime.

Sioux City West lost their last six by a combined score of 403-26. That’s an average score of 67-4.

Des Moines North lost to Valley 92-0.

Council Bluffs Thomas Jefferson lost to Lewis Central 60-14, then played Valley the very next week and lost 73-0. Lewis Central also beat Council Bluffs Abraham Lincoln 70-7, making the Council Bluffs area score 3A 130, 4A 21.

Valley scored 461 points this year, an average of 51 per game. Sioux City West scored 51 points in the entire season.

How about some of these scores this year guys?? Teams like AL getting beat 70-0, SC West was it 90-0?? What was the opposing coach thinking?? It is HS Ball. I would have had my freshman team in the 2nd half. It all comes back around sooner or later.

you realize there are quarter and game limitations for football players, right? JV or Freshman have already played four quarters that night, so you couldn’t bring them in until the fourth quarter. If a varsity team can’t stop the other team’s second string, boo hoo.

thats why they have the 35 second clock...u want it to be 130 -0

You thought wrong
i have dvds when harlan vs heelan play when they started their series, and playoffs...4 of them, and jansen sure looked good. i just dont think he had the players this year. regardless what heelan fans think, i still think he was a good coach. coach bladt a couple of bad years lately, the high schoosl are not exactly large to grab talent from...it not like in phoenix, where u have many schools with 1600 kids or more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT