ADVERTISEMENT

EIHC

since i wasnt here for this season how was west liberty's record this year?
This post was edited on 8/24 8:24 PM by lcpl aber4if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Here's a link for West Liberty's stats this past soccer season:
http://www.iowaprepstats.com/Schools.asp?sid=9&cid=49&type=cf

Overall, they hung in there and play tough towards the end of the season. I heard that their coach will not be coming back next year.

I just think that substates should be similarly seeded like they are in basketball. The best teams should have the best chance of making it to state. When an undefeated MV/Regina/Solon(IC West the year they were 2a) are always paired up in substate with Assumption/Wahlert/Xavier it doesn't really give them a fair shot at state whereas some other teams can be a lot worse, but have an easier draw. Is soccer one of the only sports where substate pairings are made in advance of season?

Jim,

Good point and I wish soccer would seed or pair up based on criteria later in the season. I am not sure how much attention is given to this sport at Boone.

What I would really like to see is HS soccer played in Fall vs. Spring. Iowa and Nebraska are the only two states that play in the Spring.

Iowa and Nebraska aren't the only two with spring soccer. IAHSAA doesn't really seed any sports for the state tournament, basketball has a partial seeding system done partway through the year, but it is tougher to find sites to host soccer districts so it has to be determined early. Pretty much everyone has a suitable basketball court, not everyone has a suitable soccer field.

I am curious, what other states play soccer in the spring? I am pretty much familar with the surroundings states.

First it depends on if you are talking girls or boys, locally IL, MO, WI, KS, and CO all play girls in the spring. Since most threads here are about boys teams though, OK, AL, TN, and AR are some of the other states besides Iowa and Nebraska that play in the spring.

yes thanks for the site address there eihc fan, i read in the newspaper the coach will not be back this year,its hard to keep up with things back home being in the service and all, so once again thank ya.

lcpl aber4,

The rumor has it that the first WL coach is coming back to coach the team again. I thought he did a good job when he was coaching the first couple of years.

Thank you for your service. Much appreciated!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT