ADVERTISEMENT

EIHC

The four teams that come to mind are Mt. Vernon, Regina, Solon, and West Liberty. I would have to say this year it will be between Mt. Vernon and Solon (sorry Regina).

Mt. Vernon lost 2-3 decent seniors from last year but picking up a good freshman, Bertling.
Solon still has Lyle coming back and most of their strength.
Regina lost their main player, Dan Murray, without having anyone else replacing him.
West Liberty will have a decent team and has a solid coach but they lost one of their key players to graduation (Hector?)

This year, the EIHC will not have a conference tournament. This will allow EIHC teams to go out and play another non-conference opponent. Maybe next year, EIHC will not force teams to play each other twice and allow EIHC teams to play more non-conference teams.

Good luck to all this season!

Regina still returns a key group of seniors (Heaney, Mcgivern, Lanaghan) There coach is very good as well. I could see them competing with Solon for the title.
Didnt WL lose Ricky? And the bigger forward Heick? Heick was the only scorer last year who will put the ball in the back of the net, did they lose anyone else?
Solon has the core group of guys back namely Lyle, Price, and Jedlicka.
CCA, Williamsburg, Mid-prairie and those likes will probably battle eachother for a win or two but that is about it.

You are right about WL. It was Ricky they lost and I believe the big forward was Jobi. I could not remember Ricky's name.

I see Mt. Vernon, Regina, and Solon battling for the top spot this season. However Mid Prairie, CCA, WL, or Williamsburg could knock one of them off if they were to overlook them. Let the games begin
This post was edited on 3/23 11:10 AM by seth_gorneyif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

seth,
I'm going to have to disagree with part of your last statement. I think it would be really hard for any of those first three teams to lose to Williamsburg even if they completely overlook them, even to the extent that they don't even show up for the game.

Yeah West Liberty lost Ricky and Jobe but now have 2 new players that moved to iowa and Edgar Avila and Hector Nino are going to be back since they were not in the team last year. so Wl. should be decent.

If I remember a Mt. Vernon fan telling me right, Wasn't Edgar kicked off the team for flipping the ref off and then flipping the fans off, and cussing at them? If this is true, I would like to know a more accurate description. There is no place for that on the soccer field. Although I do cheer for WL most of the time (when they dont play my team) but is that maybe a chance why they get the bad rep they do?

Yes, this happened at last year's EIHC soccer tournament. Edgar was upset with a MV player and it went downhill quickly from there. The WL coach was even trying to sub out Edgar, but he could not get Edgar's attention.

Edgar is decent player and just needs to 'play on' during tough calls and conflict. As far as a bad rap on WL, people saw this more as an individual event (especially how upset the WL coach was) vs. negative on WL's team.

Solon 5, CCA 1
West Liberty 3, MP 1

How did MV score their goal to beat Regina? Must have been a great game!

Regina were given a PK in the 2nd half but Regina did not captialize on the opportunity.

MV scored 5-10 minutes after the PK on a ball crossed in the front of Regina's goal through a crowd of players. Overall, MV had a tad more shots on goal. Close game. MV's goalie (Cooper) had key saves and played well.

I was surprised to hear about the amount of swearing on the field. I hope going forward that the refs get this under control (e.g. yellow/red cards).

Overall, good game to watch and both teams played hard for the victory.

Regina 5, West Liberty 0
Solon 3, Mid Prairie 0

Solon vs. Regina on Wednesday should be a good game.

I heard that West Liberty has six players that are not playing due to a suspension.

Is this true and if so, for how long.

MV-3 WL-0 Im not sure if they had 6 players out but im pretty sure they had at least one out b/c of academics.

Looks like WL actually had 5 players out (including the player that falls down a lot). I believe 3 of the 5 players will be back for next week.

Any updates on the Regina & Solon game last night?

Well what ever team your from. if its in the EIHC your guys are gonna go down when all of West Liberty players are back...... so its to your advantage that west liberty has a dicipline problem like you say.

Originally posted by Loco#8:
Well what ever team your from. if its in the EIHC your guys are gonna go down when all of West Liberty players are back...... so its to your advantage that west liberty has a dicipline problem like you say.

Most Intelligent post ever made on the rivals network

WL's problems continue.... Players out.. is it academically only or is there good conduct policy too... For those that say WL has a good chance in the conference that is a joke, give a few good reasons? First of all they have already lost some conference games and they have their 5 or so players out... On top of that they dont have their 3 best players that were on the team last year (i know from playing them this and last year) They lost all their scorers and the "man" Ricky.. (He is good)... Solon and Mt. Vernon will be top 2 teams with Regina right behind.. Regina can play with both teams but i feel the other two teams have better defenses.

Mt. Vernon won at Regina 1-0 a couple weeks ago, and there is no conference tourney this year.

MV 2 Solon 1 Solon scored first with a PK then MV scored with a chip over the goalies head. Second half MV scored from a ricochet off the keeper. It was a really good game. Solon was missing one of there best players Gardner.

Our prayers go out to Lyle Gardner, Solon player, and his family with the passing of his father, Kurt. Kurt was a great guy and supportive father.

what is MV's remaining home schedule? I probly shouldnt make this the first year since i graduated that i didnt go to any games.

Jimbo,

Looking at the schedule; two key home games for MVL coming up; this Saturday at 10:00 am vs. Solon and then Monday (7th) approx. 5:50 pm vs. Regina. I think Solon may play Regina this Saturday (after MV game) for their make up game (I am not sure of the time of the Regina/Solon game).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT