ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Openings 23-24

Don't know if Mt. Vernon has officially been posted yet, but it made Twitter yesterday that he is indeed going to CCA.

I don't know if this is true or not but I had someone tell me that Coach Pedersen lives in Marengo? If true wanting to go to CCA would make sense, much closer drive.

Don’t know much about Bollers as a coach. Why him over the Mt. Vernon coach?
I simply thought that CCA at some point would want some continuity with their coaching staff. The fact that program hasn't been able to win has to lie at the feet of the community and administration.

The guy has been around the program, knows the game, has a good pool for assistants. Having said that, it seems like they found a quality hire.

I simply thought that CCA at some point would want some continuity with their coaching staff. The fact that program hasn't been able to win has to lie at the feet of the community and administration.

The guy has been around the program, knows the game, has a good pool for assistants. Having said that, it seems like they found a quality hire.
Good points, I keep waiting for them to start winning more. They have some potential.

Reactions: DCAHawk
Any updates on these jobs? I've seen a few more openings like Shenandoah, Maquoketa Valley and Melcher Dallas.

Some of these jobs have been open for a while, when was AP posted?

Des Moines LIncoln hired an interim. Can't believe they don't think they could find a coach in March with brand new facilities and an all-state running back returning.

But alas. Des Moines North also hired an interim.

Des Moines LIncoln hired an interim. Can't believe they don't think they could find a coach in March with brand new facilities and an all-state running back returning.

But alas. Des Moines North also hired an interim.
Maybe they will form a co-op team with lincoln, Roosevelt, hoover, and North. That way they can compete with the burbs. They already share a stadium. Just a thought

Mt Vernon just hired Brad Meester. He has been the OC for the last 3-4 years. Being a retired NFL player probably didn't hurt the resume either!

Lance Pedersen does live in Marengo. That was likely a big factor, but I also heard that he gets to coach his youngest son now, which would make any dad move schools for that opportunity. He'll do a good job there and I imagine it won't take long for him to turn things around. They just got the Poynton kid from Solon as a transfer, so that should help too. He was their leading rusher at almost 1000 yds and is only a soph.

Nashua-Plainfield is looking for a HC

Still nothing on Aplington-Parkersburg?? I figured they would have hired someone by now, that's been open a long time.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT